Ratings for Dr. Smita Lal

Late and not very knowledgable. Only knows basic medical conditions. Wouldn't recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

This doctor has NO bedside manner, NO tact or class. She is rude, mean and thinks she knows what's best for you after less than 5 minutes with her. I don't like the b word but that's exactly what this person is!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

She is great doctor with experience , friendly. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

I find Dr all very helpful, yes she's late a lot but that's because she's out on her lunch hour helping terminally ill patients. She visited my grandad every day at his home when he was terminally ill with cancer!! I do admit she seems to rush people more but she has still been very helpful to me and my sons.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Love Dr Lap. Always pleasant and helpful to my and my family. She is super personable and funny too! I would recommended her! She's late lots and not available as much as other doctor's maybe, but she works steady at surrey hospital so she has a lot on her plate.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Dr. lal gave birth to my 3 kids. We know her for 11 years. She is knowledgeable. She cares about her patients. A++

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Lal is an extremely accurate and caring doctor. Always going the extra mile to help her patients.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr. Lal covers for my doctor when she is on holidays, and I always find her very helpful and attentive. She is the one who changed my asthma medication that made a big improvement and got me off most of the corticosteroids, so I am grateful to her. More attentive than my respirologist.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2009

I also found frustration with this doctor. She was rarely available for appointment times and always very late. I honestly felt that she was trying to get me out of her practice, and maybe just wanted to be a baby doctor. It worked;I'm gone!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2009

I have rated Dr. Lal so poorly because, in my opinion, she is completely ineffective. She missed the fact that I broke my neck in a car accident - a walk in clinic doctor raised the alarm and sent me to a surgeon who feared I had cancer. Luckily the growth in my neck was due to hypertrophy due to the break and not cancer. Dr. Lal showed no concern at all. The other Doctors told me I was crazy to have waited to have it checked out. I also had to go in for a biopsy for breast cancer and Dr. Lal didn't even so much as call me with the test results or talk to me about it at all. She appears tired and uncaring and her level of care is completely substandard. It took her 3 months to give my chart to my new doctor even though they are in the same building. She took my money for the transfer fee right away though. I would rate her as the worst doctor I have ever delt with.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009