Ratings for Dr. Harry H. Huang

By far the worst experience I've ever had with any doctor. Had an afternoon appointment and waited for over an hour in a smll uncomfortable area. The technician was polite and after completed the mandatory testing Dr. Huang "requires" I waited for another 30 mins in an exam room. This room appeared to double as his office, with loud music playing from his computer and smelly food left out. Finally, after 1.5 hours of waiting, Huang comes in extremely rushed, won't let me finish asking questions without interrupting, and hands me a pen to sign for $200 of extra out of pocket tests done. The technician even rolled his eyes when I asked if the tests were necessary, a statement that even his employees question his judgement. A doctor is someone who devotes their life trying to heal and help Harry Huang is not deserving of this title

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Long waits in the office. He over schedules....wasting your time, and then rushes through your exam. Messed up my first prescription, waited over an hour to see him the second time to get it corrected. He messed up that one too. Maybe he should not overpack his schedule so he could take the time to actually get refractions right. He also upsells additional tests. You have to be kidding me. Not going back.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

He does not take the time to communicate with his patients. It is true that he is always rushed and under tremendous stress.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Absolutely awful patient care and office management. I waited over an hour and a half to be seen for a routine eye exam. When Dr. Huang finally arrived, he spent about 5 minutes in the room with me, quickly checked my eyes and decided I needed a prescription for eye glasses. He spent more time selling me a $95 eye test than he did actually examining my eyes. His office is extremely limited in their participation with insurance companies, so my visit ran well over $200 dollars. Better yet, a month later I received a statement in the mail telling me I owed another large sum of money to the office. When I called to clarify what I thought was an error, they told me that this was just part of my out of network deductible. I will not be returning to Dr. Huang. The quality of care and length of exam (for which he charges $172 for all of 5 minutes) seemed to be more fitting of a My Eye Dr. or a Walmart appointment. If you are in the market for a routine eye exam or are in need of a contact/glasses prescription, save your time and money and seek treatment elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr. Huang made an error doing my cataract surgery (confirmed by other doctors)and would not take responsibility for it or fix it.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

The staff is unbelievably unprofessional: they are bossy and abrupt "go in there," and practically all of them were chewing and popping gum the day I went in. So high school. Not to mention unpleasant to listen to. One new male tech was the only one that had quiet jaws and a serene and kindly manner. They may be very competent but they certainly project a very poor image for the workplace. I can't take them seriously and therefore don't have trust in that office. Dr. Huang was recommended to me with raves but his office staff and set up - indifferent acting staff and small crowded reception room with long waits - simply does not support his reputation.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

Dr. H is always rushed and rarely has enough time to thoroughly answer your questions - when you ask questions he exudes an impatience that is not appreciated. Staff is very blase - very unprofessional - I don't think that the insurance staff knows how to complete coding for what my primary problem was - and they refuse to resubmit -this is very strange considering that United Health Care paid them in the past for these same services. Insurance staff is very rude and at times "****y". I don't enjoy being tested by a pre-med/going to med school student with very little clinical experience - but then what does it take to flip on a machine - right? Overall - I am unhappy with Dr. H. wait time would be less if he took a partner - but if he takes a partner - then that's less money for golfing fees. Go figure

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

I heard a lot of good thing about Dr.Huang before I schedule to see him. But after my second visit,He can not figured it out how to cure me and he want me to come back in 6 months so I end up going back to my primary doctor which I am glad I did because if I wait for another 6 months I may have serious eye problem then. I would not recommend him to anyone especially my family.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I went to him because I had flashings in my right eye. I was afraid of a torn retina. Dr. Huang looked at my right eye and said I had a PVD and good thing that the retina was not torn. I had to go back again 3 days later as the flashings and some dark particles still exist in my right eye. He insisted that my eye was fine and come back to see him in 4 months. I decided to go to a retina specialist the next day and sure enough my right retina was torn and the particles that were thought to be PVD were red blood cells. The specialist performed a laser surgery on me immediately. 7 days later most of the blood was gone from my eye and my vision was restored. I could have a retina detachment or turned blind had I listened to Dr. Huang. I will not go back to him or will recommend him to any of my friends and family members.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Huang seems to be very technically proficient. He sometimes comes across as if he thinks he's the best out there. Waiting time prior to appointments can be long sometimes.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Dr. Harry H. Huang's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bethesda, MD