Ratings for Dr. Bryan L. Nelson

After not responding to an emergency call for 6 hours, this office called demanding I be seen that day. They scheduled a 27 year old female with stroke symptoms to be seen by a pediatrician, Dr. Bryan Nelson, who had literally no understanding of any of the symptoms I was displaying or any of the possible interactions between prescriptions. I had more knowledge than this "Doctor." This clinic then proceeded to bill me a high amount for a terrible visit. Do not see this "Doctor" unless you are wishing to be treated by a pediatrician as an adult.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

My husband and I have been seeing DR Nelson for over a year. Pros- he sees patients on Monday evenings and we never have to wait, very to the point. Cons- after 1.5 years we feel our medical concerns have not improved, constantly adjusting meds and making us go back every 30 days, more copays, more ineffective meds. If you are looking for a doctor to see once in a while when you have strep or something, DR Nelson would be fine, but it you are looking for solutions for ongoing medical issues, you may want to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

He has a terrible staff that assist to everything bit the patient. He has very little knowledge of meds prescribed or dosages that he should prescribe. Went through three different meds within days and doesn't have a problem prescribing a larger dose of the medication that works... Oh but first another appo intment is required and 170.00 charge incured even after appointments to specialists he referred me to are made. Horrible experience and being polite isn't what makes a doctor, experience and knowledge on the other hand would be a great trait, if all your worried about is someone being polite... See a pastor! Horrible experience more then once over!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Doctor did not explain the medication he was giving- waited 1.5 hr to have questions answered, never came back, staff finally told me to leave and they would have him call something in. had to call back 8 times to finally get him to call me in a medication

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

His Staff is very friendly and helpful! He is very kind and helpful as well. He actually listens to what is being said and takes care of the problem. I would recommend this doctor to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

Love this doctor. He's extremely helpful and friendly. Going to the doctor isn't a bad experience.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

I knew more about the medicines he was prescribing than he, including that Vioxx had been taken off the market, that Ketek was no longer recommended for sinus infections, etc. I am allergic to penicillin and get frequent sinus infections, so finding a good medicine is difficult. Really nice, caring doctor, though.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2007

Left too many decisions up to "mothers intuition". I go to a doctor for their expertise otherwise I would confer with myself. I really didn't have 100% confidence which is why I left. He was unquestionably a nice man though.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2006

Dr. Nelson is by far the best internal medicine and pediatrician I have ever been to. My children and I have been seeing him for nearly 10 years now, and wouldn't consider seeing anybody else. He's kind, funny, patient, and knows when to refer a patient to another specialist (not afraid to say "I don't know" when he really doesn't know). His nurses and staff are also friendly, quick and knowledgeable. I would and have recommended Dr. Nelson without reservation.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2005

Dr. Bryan L. Nelson's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal