Ratings for Dr. Brian Scarth

Do not trust him. He comes off as civil but is a nasty piece of work. He is not interested in helping you!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

I was very nervous about my appointment. He was kind, thoughtful and listened attentively. He made me feel at ease.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

My work made me go to this psychiatrist but he made it a great experience. Seemed to really understand and listen to me. Too bad he doesn’t take patients for treatment. Just assessments.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

He was very knowledgeable and approachable and the most important honest. At first I was skeptikal since he was Psychiatrist and I thought he would just see me for 10 minutes and push some drugs on me, but he listened to my concerns and suggested best treatment options that involved coping strategies and medication options if needed. He was very attentive, and respectful.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr. Scarth is warm, kind, and caring. He took the time to listen to me and did not judge me. He is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his profession. The office staff were great.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I didnt want to see this psychiatrist but was forced to by my employer. It was a very stressful process but at least he made it as painless as possible and it really seemed like he was trying to give an honest opinion and not just side with the person paying him. His office staff in Crescent Beach are great. I would go and see him if he also saw patients for treatment but unfortunately he doesnt.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

I am on disability for depression. I was forced to see Dr. Scarth or have my benefits discontinued. This doctor was kind, compassionate and genuinely cared about what I had been through. He was not judgement at all. He listened attentively to me. I left feeling supported.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

I was admitted to Royal Columbian Hospital for depression. Dr. Scarth showed compassion and listened to what I had to say. I felt supported and knew I was in good hands. I have seen many different different doctors and can say that Dr. Scarth is one of the best.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Scarth is kind, knowledgeable and listened to what I had to say. He is not judgemental and offered good advice.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I was admitted to the psych ward for a panic attack RCH. met dr scrath the first day, told him I smoked weed and thats all. after 24 hours of waiting he told me I was certified by the mental health act, I replied saying I want a lawyer I am not a harm to myself or anyone else. the next morning I was discharged, with a prescription for hardcore antipsychotic's ... This guy was unwilling to treat me as a victim of a simple panic attack ..tried to get me lock away for doing nothing illegal. Say the word LAWYER to this man and he becomes a trust fund baby in survival mode to protect his money, Forgetting his reputation as a health professional is at risk.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017