Ratings for Dr. David A. Billings

He did a hysterctomy, damaged my ureter. After surgery he downplayed why my arms were tingly and swollen. He told me it was probably because the way my arms were laying. I just kept asking because I've had many surgeries and this is the first time the my arms and hads were ever like this, I asked again and he told me that I lost a lot of blood ( four days after surgery my blood iron was at a 7.4 )and they had to give me a lot of fluid. On my 6 week check up, he seemed offended when I told him about the fluid coming out of my vagina that I couldn't stop. He said in a offended tone "Didn't you already have that problem and went to look at my file. I told him not the way it is now. He referred me to Dr Bigham and found out my ureter was damaged. My daughter also said he seemed like he was in a hurry. He told me he's been doing surgeries for 24 years and It has only happened 3 time in his career.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

Dr Billings is the best doctor I have ever had. He was wonderful for my whole pregnancy (my second one) and I knew he would take care of both of us no matter what. I am pregnant with my 3rd but have moved out of state and would give anything to go back to Dr Billings for this baby. I just don't feel right with anyone else but him. He doesn't sugar coat anything which I really like. He is more concerned with your health and the baby's health then with being all sweet and making you feel special...I'll take that any day!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I felt as Dr Billings was in a rush and didn't actually have time to answer my questions, or to enter the room in a timely manner. Every time I went in, I sat in the room for a 1/2 hour or more. Also, I was being put on medication but the nurse that called wouldn't tell me what for. I understand that Dr's can be stretched thin, but I believe Billings is a bit to much over worked, as sometimes he seems to be insulted by a question from a FTM.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr.Billings is a great OB. He seemed rushed at times but that is due to the number of patients he has just like any other doctor in Minot. Very helpful and knows his stuff. He talks about his years in practice I felt as if just to give you reassurance he knows what he is doing. I would highly reccommend him to others.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

I had Dr Billing's thew all my OB care I have to say he is outstanding he does he job very well, he don't sugar coat anything and tells you his honest opinion.To me that is good ethics!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Dr Billings was my OB for my 1st 2 children. I was always very pleased with his professionalism. He is curt and to the point, however, I always found him very caring. I always trusted him and he seemed to take the time to listen to concerns and address them. I did switch to a midwife for my 3rd pregnancy. Only due to the fact I do not have a support person while in labor and the waiting for appts was a bit longer than I could bare with 2 littles ones with me. Dr Billings did indeed call and ask why in which I was honest. I felt this showed caring on his behalf. When I was in labor with baby #4 Dr Billings walked the halls with me and chatted despite the fact he was not my attending doctor. He is somewhat rushed during appts. But for someone like me, who has been there done that...I just like to get down to business and be on my way. Appt times are not prompt as he does get called out to deliver babies :p I would highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Billings is an amazing Doctor. He literally saved my life when a different doctor made a huge mistake. He has always provided me with all the answers I needed. I recently had troubles getting pregnant and he was wonderful in trying to find the reasons why and I just recently found out I was pregnant and I am happy to have Dr. Billings as my OB. I would reccommend him to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

I loved haveing Dr. Billings as my OB he was very helpful and he was excited that i was having a baby it was very cool to me because i didnt have much support through out this pregnancy. On top of everything it didnt feel akward to ask him like personal or embarassing question he was very perfessiona.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr.Billings is a good DR. He is hard to really get, and is rushed in many situations, Whenever I asked a question he did answer, sometimes seem a little annoyed but always answered. If I was over reacting to something he always let me know. He does not have the easiest personality to get a long with at all times but during labor and delivery he was great. I had gone thinking something was wrong a few times before I had my babies and sometimes he would seem a little annoyed but he is busy. I trusted him and he realy knows what he is doing. I would recomend him to anyone, he may not seem to be the most friendly Dr. around but I knew I could trust that he was capable of takeing care of me and my babies during the pregnancy and delivery. His staff was also great... I almost didn't want to leave the hospital they treated me soooooo well.. I thank them all!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

He was very helpful to me and always took the time to answer any questions I had. During delivery he was very supportive of all our decisions. Overall I think he is a great doctor and is really passionate about what he does.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr. David A. Billings's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

UnitedHealthcare