Ratings for Dr. Aaron G. Filler

this doctor is a complete SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I was desperate to get his procedure done becuz of the excruciating pain I was in , HIS BILLING LADY THE AFRICAN AMERICAN LADY DEMANDS PAYMENT FROM YOU!!! DOCTOR PREYS ON PEOPLE IN PAIN THEN SUES FOR HIS PYMENT

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Hello. I am from Belgium and had a piriformis surgery with Dr Filler 4 years ago. DR Filler changed my life. Could not work anymore, sit or have a normal life. Doctors in Belgium did not dare to operate me because it was a difficult surgery with two nerves damaged in the piriformis. After a couple of days and a nice stay at hospital I came back to my country with no pain and life is bright again. I often think of my chance to have met him. Sorry for the people who were not relieved but can tell you he took good care of me and even after surgery.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I went to see Dr. Filler in 2007 after having three surgeries on my L-4 L-5 disc. He did an MRI guided epidural injection which proved the level where the damage was, and subsequently he did a distal foramenotomy at Cedars Sinai. The surgery did not produce the desired results, meaning there was no improvement in the pain. So by what standards am I to rate Dr. Filler? First, it's important to realize that he belongs to group of surgeons who are willing to take on failed surgery cases. Most neurosurgeons will not operate unless they absolutely believe their surgery is going to give a huge improvement. Once they hear that someone else operated on you and it failed you are anathema. They won't touch you. And why? Because if you've been operated on it's often a one-shot chance at correcting the problem, and they don't want to run the risk of making you worse, or not helping you at all, which would be a failed surgery that they are now responsible for. So to begin with, Dr. Filler is willing to try when others won't. If you use any kind of common sense reasoning you'll understand that he's not likely therefore to have a tremendous record of success. I have heard from people who went to him first and his outcomes were extremely good. So you have to look at the fact that he's willing to try. The second thing that I took away was that he didn't make me worse. That, in itself, can be a huge success. I know guys who have gone into surgery and come out terribly damaged, paralyzed, in far worse pain, etc. So just not being made worse can be a success. My problem stemmed from a neurosurgeon who was too conservative and unwilling to take any sort of risk on me, even when I was in level 10 pain. He didn't want to suggest surgery and kept promoting the 'wait and see if it resolves' protocol. And though this works with a lot of people, I believe he should have seen what pain I was in, getting worse and worse, and operated very quickly. As it turned out his unwillingness to take a chance cost me permanent nerve damage, which I'm living with. Dr. Filler was willing to operate on what he saw as a 'possible site where the nerve was in contact with the bone.' And he freed up the nerve, so if it had not been so badly damaged I'm certain it would have recovered. By this set of standards I believe Dr. Filler is competent and talented. I know he's extremely expensive, and it's because of the experimental equipment he has developed. But the fact is that people want to find an inexpensive route to get extremely sophisticated surgery done, not accepting that when it comes to your health you should never think about what it costs, because your health is all you have, and if you 'go cheap' on a surgery you could be paying a hundred times more throughout your life in misery and lost earnings from work you can no longer do. I only wish I had lived in L.A. at the time I was injured, rather than in Hawaii, which is a complete backwater when it comes to medicine. I was in too much pain to think straight or to travel, so I found the 'best' dr. in Honolulu, and have regretted my decision for the last 14 years. Dr. Filler was expensive, but he didn't make me any worse, and I admire that he was willing to operate on my in spite of my being a failed surgery case.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I can't even begin to tell my nightmare regarding this so called "doctor." He butchered me, took over 50 grand and I am a million times worse than I was before. Severe PTSD due this this quack. He is the devil!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

I went to see dr filler for a complex nerve problem that he was able to diagnose in my first visit . The staff was friendly and compassionate. Thanks for giving me hope dr filler .

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Well, the comments below sadden me. Dr. Filler diagnosed my Piriformis Syndrome immediately AND did several non-evasive procedures on me after I had been through Cedars Sinai Spine Center with no result. I literally was dragging my leg, dropping to the ground without warning, couldn't feel my toes, spasms, I couldn't walk, climb stairs, stand in line, sit...I could do nothing! I was headed to a wheelchair bound life. Two neurosurgeons at Cedars Sinai (to remain unnamed) took me into a room at their office and told me they straight out couldn't help me, and recommended Dr. Filler as the one to go to, with my own research I already knew it. He has been trained at the best schools, still works through Cedars, and also co-developed and co-patiented this amazing MRI Neurography scanner which he does charge a lot for. Regular MRIs/PT scans don't show all the nerves! He's so far up the Special Surgical ladder and out of network that most if not all insurance policies don't cover him. I borrowed money from my family, unloaded my saving and I'm still paying off my credit card from 2007 but I have a life now for me and my family. I am actually headed back to see him about my currrent neck nerve damage. (Yes, I was in a bad accident, still dealing with issues as I get older.) He's the final stop and he's not a magician so if it can't be fixed, it can't be fixed. Not his fault. When I ran out of Cedars after surgery.....I kissed the ground. When I had the follow-up appt with him, and danced in front of him, we were both in tears....he is a very caring, sweet man but he is a surgeon, they are not know for their bedside manner. Now his office is an interesting side show, I agree, they could be nicer. And they seem to now recently be more upfront with the billing. Yes, there are two bills; one for Dr. Filler's surgical fee and one for the surgical center....all that equipment downstairs, Dr. Filler has paid for it! Many surgeons have their own surgical suite now, Marina Del Rey Spine, Congress Medical etc. I've had all types of surgeries and I'm in the music business and my clients charge a fee, and then there's also studio fee!!! They could be more transparent upfront AND I suggest everyone has the total money in their pocket before even seeing him. The accounting department is rather harsh on money past due and he knows it, believe me! They are hardcore as needs to pay salaries, rents, feed his own family and I am sure he has ongoing maintenance bills and purchases for the surgical suite, correct? Last time I saw him his computer monitor was failing. I've spent hours and hours with this man, Jodene his medical assistant and I honor them. Most of the comments below don't take into consideration that he is a SPECIALIST and has a FINANCIAL OVERHEAD. I am sorry if you have permanent damage, he would be the one to fix it if it could be fixed. Doctors are practicing medicine!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Run from this Doctor. He double dips with his MRI boondoggle. A four thousand dollar mistake

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

He is a "mad" doctor. He cost me everything... my career, marriage, home, finances, and health. Ask yourself why: he never addresses you by your first name and always shakes with a limp handshake, he does not accept health insurance, no one is in the waiting room, there is very little wait to get in for surgery, he sits in his office while you wait overtime for your appointment, no one (including him) in the office smiles, he does not operate with an assisting physician, he tells you to get a pre-op from his doctor, he says things about your condition no other doctor says, he has a "special" MRI no other institution has, he has a "special" MRI in his "basement" for injections, he is not a radiologist, orthopedic surgeon, or urologist, yet acts like he is, he writes a post-op report with outright lies (if you are unlucky enough to have surgery), he became a lawyer, so he could sue his patients, hospitals, and insurance companies. He even sued his former business partner, a physician. His niche market is patients who have been diagnosed already, and hopefully have had a failed surgery already. HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

My son was apparently seen with "Dr.Filler" or associates mailing me what appeared to be a plan of treatment solicitation or professional opinion. Dr. Filler's services or associates or affiliates had been discussing how they could charge medi-cal for non emergent services and have caused me and my son to undergo scrutiny from child protective services because I disagreed with the recommended or prescribed excess of invasive scans and questioned unprofessional medical misconduct. with regard to my phonecall to his office he told me court would take My son from me. And abruptly hung up on me. because of my hesitancy in accepting his assistance he filed a report with child protective services My son whom I will refer to as "DTC" has been taken by his associates and here's the kicker: my son's father (named in a judgement of parantage) is Dr. Filler's nephew. I'm definitely not recommending his business(es) or associates. They can be very misleading.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

My wife as a Physical Therapist, and myself as a Dentist, have a combined six decades of experience with a special interest in working with chronic pain patients. We have never dealt with or even heard of an office that is as unprofessional as this one. No Doctor or Therapist in their right mind would ever refer to to Filler, his office staff is terribly abusive, and Filler has no interest in communicating with his patients or their primary care doctors. The staff told me what they thought that I wanted to hear, including that they would help me get insurance coverage until the moment that they got my written consent. The next day, after I had the procedures, they did a total flip on me, and were rude, totally uncaring, and lazy. Filler may or may not have tremendous talent. However he is a snake oil salesman, even trying to sell me on piriformis surgery before he even finished his brief initial evaluation or ridiculously priced scan! The old saying, "if the only tool that you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail," fits him far too well. Sadly, I have seen too many surgeons who seem to have talent and good credentials, let their professional judgement become corrupted by the lust for money. Doctors are responsible for providing a high level of care, skill, and judgement. He may or may not have skill, but my experience was that he offers terrible care and judgement.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr. Aaron G. Filler's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1986)