Ratings for Dr. Ronnald Schriemer

I have been going to Ron for about 5 years. I truly believe he is attentive and takes the time to discuss what 'ails' you. He then proposes realistic treatment. More importantly Ron clearly maintains a high level of knowledge, through continuing studies and research, which speaks to his commitment to the profession. Given how difficult it is to find a regular doctor I am pleased that he took me on as a patient.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

My partner died of Pancreatic cancer and Schriemer had no idea in the year before he died of what the issue was. Poor medical knowledge for a G.P. that says he specializes in treating type2 diabetes. His excuse was he didn’t know what was wrong. He has a South African Medical degree, my guess is their standards are not as high as Canada.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I rarely see doctors but woke up with dizziness this morning and my daughter, who was visiting at the time, brought me to his walk in clinic. He is kind and listened to me, then carefully examined me, then talked to me again about what he thought I had (viral vertigo) He told me what to do for it and patiently answered my questions. Although we were not in his office for more than five minutes, it seemed like I was his only patient that day and he had all the time in the world for me. If I have to go to a doctor again, I'm going to look for him!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Schriemer is extremely knowledgeable, sensitive and patient. He is a doctor who is open minded enough to listen to a patient's ideas before diagnosing / prescribing etc. A very sensitive, attentive doctor who has helped our family through some hard times.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

An excellent and knowledgeable physician. I met with Dr. Schriemer on a few occasions as a walk in patient and he was very thorough and was one of the most competent physicians I have met. He took my concerns seriously and followed up accordingly. I only wish he was accepting new patients!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

I went to this doctor as a walkin 5 days after a MVA where I had other major injuries, when I was having trouble with my leg and knee. Three other doctors would not even physically check it. He felt it at least, and said I had torn my hamstring in one spot. No recommendations, but he missed that I had a torn ACL and damage to my knee and miniscus, which I am now undergoing surgery for. Would be nice if he had actually looked at it and took me seriously

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

I wound up with Dr S by default when the prev. Doc moved away. Schriemer is kind and friendly. And he is S. African and very Christian. (that is not a judgement on my part, merely a comment for a reason.) In the first yrs he was here he made several mistakes and was uncomfortable with me as a patient (I am more Pagan than Xian). He got better over the yrs. However, if you need a Doc for STI info...do not go to him. His reaction to my request for testing was "why, you are not married" (after looking at my left hand of course). He proceeded to tell me I didn't need testing. (he was wrong) So, for anything other than sexual issues...he is great. Anything that may have Christian bias...no go.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

Dr. Schriemmer appears to make assumptions on the state of health without checking things out thoroughly. Referrals are not done and tests are infrequent including simple procedures such as blood-pressure checks. A diagnosis seems to be made with little or no evaluation or discussion. His manner is pleasant but I and my family are losing confidence in him.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

He is truly the kindest Doctor there is. He does listen and really cares.He does calm troubled waters with great sensitivity. I am blessed to have him as my Doctor. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

He took over my doctor's practice, and I switched to another doctor after one visit. He refused to continue the medications that my previous doctor had me on for many years.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009