Ratings for Dr. Eva Rychter

I have been going to Dr Rychter for many years--started when she was in Hunterhorn. She is an excellent Dr. She will send a patient to a specialist when needed, and orders any tests needed. I like her straightforward--no nonsense approach. Her nurse is excellent--very friendly and compassionate.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

This "doctor" seems to be putting in time, collecting money and not doing buggar all else and frankly to the complete jeopardy of her patients - more specifically my mother. In my estimation she has wasted several years of my mother's life by not acknowledging an extremely obvious cognitive decline which could be detected in the most basic conversation. She has subsequently now, finally, been diagnosed with dementia and as a family we are now in the throws of figuring out what that means and what the impact on several lives is now going to be. She is incompetent and should be ashamed of taking the oath she did to become somebody that is trusted with a person's health. She needs to stop practicing and the clinic she works from should also be accountable for endorsing her a one of their doctors. If for any reason you need to visit the Beddington doctor's do not trust an infected zit to this woman. She has been part of robbing my mother and our family of whatever hope there may have been to slow/address this unfortunate diagnosis before this point.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Rychter was cold and uncompassionate, lacking even the most basic patient care skills or empathy. Ended up leaving with nothing but a very patronizing note where she re-wrote our story with incorrect facts. This doctor is absolutely atrocious, I don't understand how she is practicing. Avoid by any means necessary.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Dr. Rychter met with myself and a family member to discuss our concerns about our aging parent who is living along. A sibling was diagnosed with dementia and we were concerned about our parent's memory. She assured us she would recommend a geriatric assessment and that it generally took well over a year to get it done. I accompanied my parent to their next appointment with Dr. Rychter to discuss these concerns and after being dismissed as noted on the other reviews, she finished the appointment noting that she had no concerns and wouldn't even send a request for an assessment. It was as if we hadn't even shared our concerns and we left there with my parent feeling quite reaffirmed that there aren't any concerns. We were disgusted and angered that we couldn't even get the referral the one time we had our parent agree to meet the doctor with respect to our concerns. When our parent sat in the office and suggested they could solve all of the issues by taking pills, the doctor responded with "what pills are you on", rather than noting that there may be some depression issues. I would never go to this doctor myself and hope we can convince our parent to find a new doctor as well.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I have been a patient of hers for eleven years and her care was relatively okay until I went in to see her with a case of shingles. I received no medication for the pain and I received a script for a medication that is not covered, which after all these years she should have known and found another that was covered. I am on Aishe and cannot afford prescriptions that are not covered. I've changed Drs now and am confident I am now being looked after. Dr Rychter's patient care leaves alot to be desired.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I have bee seeing Dr. Rychter since she was at the Hunterhorn Plaza. At that time I thought she was a very compassionate doctor, really cared about you. Well that sure has changed! As I have read the reviews here, they are absolutely correct about her being condescending and irritable. You would think after all these years she would know who I am, but never does. On one visit I had so much pain throughout my stomach and all she said was..."What do you want me to do about it". I mean really? She thinks ibuprofen is the cure all for everything. She will laugh right in your face, treat you like you're stupid, won't listen to anything you have to say. Just went up there on a walk in and saw a wonderful English woman doctor......very compassionate, understanding....and actually checked me out. So from now on I will go in as a walk in until I can find another doctor who cares. I think if she has lost her compassion she should make room for someone else and retire.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Unavailable by phone (the whole clinic) and only on duty at clinic on part of week. I am still awaiting any reply on the diagnosis of possible knee surgery which she supposedly applied for in about October 2014, In the meantime my oncologist has been able to find a very good surgeon who saw me back in early December, and we have another appointment next Tuesday.There has been no follow up by Dr.Rychter and I don't think she is very knowlledgable on my existing prostate cancer. Will look elsewhere to pay the $160.00 fee for my annual drivers medical.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Very dismissive of my concerns. Refused my request for a vitamin D deficiency test while I was pregnant. Charged for filling a form that took less than a minute. And the visit that made me never go back; she came in the room, pointed at her watch and said "I don't have time, 5 minutes".

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

I've been seeing her for almost 10 years and I'm starting to question why I even bother. First of all, I've had to wait and see her for over an hour on more than one occasion, all because of the receptionists oversight. As of today, I'll be looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

This doctor was very condescending. I am over 55 years old and this is the first time in my life that I have had an argument with a doctor. She didn't listen to what I was saying and then told me that I wasn't listening to her. I came for a prescription for severe pain and she didn't want to give one to me. She told me to take over the counter medication which I had already tried and it didn't touch the pain. This is not the kind of care and compassion one expects of a doctor. In her favour, she did book an ultrasound to further investigate the problem.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013