Ratings for Dr. Douglas Leitner

Dr. Leitner was an excellent doctor for our little family when we lived in Penticton. We were grateful that he took us on as patients, and he took good care of us.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr Leitner for many years! I can not think of one negative comment to report. His staff is very friendly (all of them) Miss Rose, she was awesome! Angie is very helpful and very professional!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Leitner since about 2000. He has always treated me with respect, and concern for my well being. He isn't shy about referring to specialists, or ordering tests. His manner is always professional, and caring. Several of my friends. also see him, not one has a bad word to say. As to the comments about his punctuality, He never rushes me out the door, he actually listens to what I have to say, plus I have never been to any Drs. office where I didn't have to wait, some times longer than others, but always had to wait.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Leitner for several years. He is often running late, but I don't mind because he never rushes me out of his office. He listens to what I have to say, answers my questions and appears interested in my concerns. If he doesn't know the answer to something he will say so and will consult other physicians or send you to a specialist. I like a person who can admit they don't know everything. He rarely looks at a person when he talks, which some people may interpret as rude or disinterested, but just get over that! Everyone has quirks! I'd definately recommend him as a family Dr.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Dr.Leitner is the best doctor in the south okanagan. been to lots, stuck with only him. he takes time with you each visit and never makes you feel like he's in a rush- even though he probably is! Our little family is thankful and appreciative to have him as our G.P.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Doctor Doug Leitner and his Staff are AMAZING ! I first met him 11 1/2 yrs ago when he helped me with my baby girl at the walk in clinic. He is very professional,kind,caring, supportive,and knowledgeable . I have always found him to be punctual and pleasant in every realm .

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

My girlfriend goes to him and I honestly feel he doesn't like her and can barely tolerate being her doctor. He does nothing for her. She can't get another family doctor and feels she is stuck with him. I wouldn't wish anyone to have him as their doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

Doug has been the family Dr for years; office staff has been a bit cold at times; punctuality sucks, but in his defense he never seems to want to rush you out if you have things to say. I am very pleased with his work.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

My partner saw Dr. Leitner in the morning (after being seen by the evening doctor) at emergency at Penticton Hospital and I have written a letter of complaint re the following: discharged by my partner without reading her file. He was curt, rude and had horrible bedside manner. My partner was subsequently admitted to the hospital by another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

I have seen him for a couple of years now and must say that I have a lot of medical complications and he listens well, makes referrals and lab tests right away.I have always had morning appts and only once did I have to wait.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009