Ratings for Dr. V S Malliah

I feel Dr. Malliah is top in his field and would not hesitate to recommend him to any woman seeking his care! A little over 1 year ago, I was referred to him simply for his SKILL in the area of care I was requiring. Throughout my surgeries, and follow ups I was impressed with the care I recieved. Frm my initial visit, to the end, he was nothing but professional, and very sensitive and caring. He was in control, however always ensured any decisions to be made were a team effort. I bounced back wonderfully, and would not hesitate to return to him anytime.I believe there is a difference between Arrogance, Ego and a Surgeon confident in himself and ability.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2008

Dr Malliah - I wld only take the time to rate this DR as a caution to others. He is not only a poor communicator but he has extremely bad bedside manners. He may be "technically good" as my GP put it but in my opinion he fails miserably in all other areas.He did my surgery but the follow-up in his ofc the following week was a nightmare.He failed to explain the do & don'ts & the why & why nots of after-care & as a result I ended up going thru alot of unnecesary pain & discomfort bcuz of it. I'd like to go into more detail but enuf said I'll just leave it at that.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

This is the worst doctor I have ever seen, I got mis-information and went in for an extensive surgery which I found out was not even needed. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!! I would sooner drive to another province than see him EVER again!!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2007

I really didn't like Malliah at all. I found his to be very rough when he didn't have to be. Also, in the middle of my procedure another doctor came into the room and he was trying to sell him a car for his daughter above my head. I thought this was very dehumanizing and unprofessional. I also don't find him very easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Malliah, He delivered my first child and his bed side manner was excellent.I wouldn't hesitate if I had to see him again.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

I expect an OB to speak to the patient, not just the man in the room. Very poor communication. Did not introduce himself or make eye contact before a cervix check during labor.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2007

I would NEVER see this doc again! His bedside manner is horrible. He seemed more interested in getting me into his "side" business of laser hair removal, then my actual problems. I switched doctors after he tried to get me to get hair removed.... it had nothing to do with the visit. Be CAREFUL with this man!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007

was a very kind, thorough, knowledgable and helpfull man. a good surgeon, very sypathetic and reassuring. I felt very secure under his care.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

Does not display very good communication skills.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007