Ratings for Dr. Akila Balasubramanian

I was diagnosed with a heart condition, was going for follow ups for 2 years, it turned out I didn`t have it on the first place. Over the 2 year period I spent about 2k out of pocket and was taking medicine that I didn`t need... My advice-do not go to this office. The office staff was horrible and uneducated. During my blood work follo up I was asked by the nurse if I had diabetes... How would I know?? She was holding my blood work results!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

The staff is courteous and pleasant. Dr. Bala is good. She listens and hears what you are saying, explains the whys and what fors of the medicines. I have never felt rushed or like a number.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Recommend you avoid this doctor and see other doctors at CFP. Normally I see the ARNP's there who are truly wonderful, but I saw her for few ongoing symptons such stomach pains, earaches, sorethroat, chest pains and having my airways feeling inflammed. I had taken the breathing test there a week ago before I saw here, and I was diagnosed with bronchitis even though my x-rays were clear. I was pretty sure I did not do it the test properly and adressed it to her when she walked in to see me. Right after walking in she flips my chart open and says I think you DO have asthma. I have never had breathing problems, or even a tightness in my chest. She put me on steriods and told me to check back in a couple of months and left. She was there for only 2 minutes did not even discuss anything and left. That was about six months ago. I have been seeing a pulmonologist who after testing me, told me that I did not have asthma. Because of this doctor I went through hell for 6 months...

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010