Ratings for Dr. John Guy

I have chronic bronchitis 15 in 21 months got real sick on my trip in Mexico dr there said nneeded to make sure i run these tests got to the emergency once back in canada went there waited 12 hrs saw dr john guy made me feel bad for going there said should of went to my family dr told him i had none said well should of went to a clinic from barrette what an unpleasant experience will never ever go back to that hospital i insisted on a referral for a lung specialist made me wait another 2 hours left the hospital with a needle in my arm wow unbelievable pulled it out myself cause when i asked the nurse at triage she fricken slammed the door in my face thank u for nothing . Luisa ianniciello

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Le meilleur que j'ai rencontré au royal victoria après avoir pris des antibiotics prescrits par mon chirurgien j'ai été malade ces pilules ne me faisaient pas et je commençais à être infectées. Quand j'ai vu Dr Guy à l'urgence je lui ai expliqué et il m'a dit que ce qu'il me prescrivait ne me donnerait aucun problème et c'était vrai et en plus mon infection a disparu avec Fucidin . Il est tellement bon. Cette semaine mon mari l'a eu à l'urgence après une chute (il est handicapé et prend du coumadin donc c'est compliqué) tout ce qu'il nous a dit et prescrit a été super. Bravo Dr John Guy pour votre bonne humeur malgré l'heure et votre compétence. Si vous avez Dr Guy vous êtes très chanceux MERCi!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr.guy gave be the best service i have ever received in the ER

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Went in the emergency to get treated. After blood tests and a 10 hour wait he referred me to another clinic. When I called the other clinic they told me I had to go back to the Glen because they have everything at the Glen. Now why would dr. Guy not take charge and examin me the day of instead of sending me off elsewhere to only find out I have to go back to the Glen. Not cool!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Went for severe ankle pain also mentioned had taken Celebrex for wrist tendinitis - had X-rays, blood tests done and gave excellent advice and referral. All this with a smile and sense of humour even though the ER was at full capacity. Thank you so much

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I saw Dr. John Guy on opening day of MUHC-Glen Campus. In addition to a long time back pain, I had twisted my body and must have hit a nerve that gave me chronic pain disabling me in sitting or standing. I went to the ER and was placed under the care of Dr. Guy whom immediately went out of his way to test for the EKG. He also gave me a referral to see other specialists when needed. He pressed hard like a chiropractor on the exact lower back sore spot. Next morning, I was able to get out of bed, pain had disappeared and I went back to my normal activities. Thank you Dr. Guy, Sam Fattal

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

This is the best doctor I've seen, very knowledgeable and helpful. He was able to know what the issue was right away unlike the other doctors that I've been to. Very lucky to have gotten Dr. John Guy!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I was suffering from a sore throat and probable lung infection. I got Pen V at another hospital but that is only good for the throat. My last resort was to go to the RVH ER or I would have another awful night with a chest infection. When I saw Dr. John Guy enter the room I could not believe how lucky I was. Right away he said to add another antibiotic. He gave me a choice of two but suggested Avelox, which I had used before. He said he would give me Avelox regardless of whether I took an X-Ray. I opted for the X-Ray and he asked me to come look at it with him. There were some nodules but I recall they were there 12 years ago. He checked my chest to see if they were on the surface. I had such a good feeling about this superb professional. He gave me one pill just to make sure I don't have to go to the pharmacy until the next day. The medication started to work the first night. He arranged for me to come back for further investigation. Highest rating possible!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Very knowledgable, thorough, attentive in spite of incredible demands in the ER,and good natured. Explained everything very clearly. Correctly treated condition missed by our GP. Very lucky to have been treated by this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

Having experienced many Emergency visits with my crohn's disease and other related illneses for 30 years, I was very fortunate to have come across Dr Guy during my last episode-Having several symptons, he didn't only focus on my disease but took the time and ordered tests which enabled them to quickly discover that I had a large kidney stone that needed to be dealt with ASAP where as other doctors in the past were too quick to assume it was a crohn's attack and not look further which in this case would have prolonged this finding and led to a more serious outcome. He was not only very kind and understanding, but also took immediate and decisive action (had a central line put in immediately rather than have 4/5 differant nurses attempt an IV only to have it intalled days later as has occured in the past).He made my bad experience easier to endure and also went the extra mile to make sure my case was being handled properly by continuing to check in with me(although under urology care).

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007