Ratings for Dr. Andrew Joseph Edwards

I met Doctor Joe 24 years ago when I was pregnant with my second child. Through the years, Doctor Joe has given me outstanding care not only during my pregnancies but during other obstacles as well. Some years ago, I had a medical concern and because Doctor Joe is an outstanding listener and is very proactive, he sent me for additional testing. I am so grateful that he cared enough to send me for this additional testing since my results were not at all what I had hoped for. However, being his patient, I knew that I would not only get the best care from him, but he would also send me to the best doctors in Savannah. On the days of my surgeries, even though I was not Doctor Joe’s patient, he stopped in to see me. His visit gave me reassurance that all was going to be fine. To this day, I am so thankful that he is my medical care provider as I know that he will be there for any medical issues when needed.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2019

Dr Edwards is awesome at what he does. He is very straightforward and to the point. Maybe not the best at emotions but that’s what I have a husband for. Dr Edwards is a doctor not an emotional guru. He worked with me financially when I had to have an out of the blue hysterectomy and didn’t have insurance. The surgery was amazing and difficult from what I understand but it was great. No pain meds afterwards. I felt great. I can’t say enough about Dr Edwards. His staff is very helpful and his nurse Karen is awesome. I left so many messages and she returned them all quickly. If you want a DOCTOR that is great at what he does then pick Dr Edwards. I hope this helps someone. I don’t normally leave reviews but I felt like it was important to leave this one because of the success that I had with him.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2019

He is a very arrogant man who does not give the same quality care to fat people like he does to skinny people. The man insulted me, my weight, my intelligence, my family, and overall who I am as a woman. If I had not been a Christian woman, he would have gotten cussed out and possibly slapped. However, I took the high road and just did not allow him to touch me. I have never in my life been so insulted by a healthcare provider and he doesn’t deserve to continue being a doctor; he deserves to be sued for discrimination. Hmmh, I may just do that.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

..................................................

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Yes Dr. Edwards is straight forward. He can come across as rude, but get to know him first before judging him. First time I met him he talked so fast in big doctor words...I put my hands up and said talk to me slow and like I am an idiot...because I have no idea what you said. From then on, he pulls a chair out and explains what is going on - in normal talk. We saw 5 doctors who swore we would never get pregnant...Dr. Edwards explained we have the parts...we just had to get them to work - He Gave Us Hope when no one else would! - We have a little baby now! A very Healthy Baby!! If you communicate with him, he communicates with you. He is real with you, but I would not want someone to sugar coat what is wrong with me, I want to know for real what is wrong and how do we fix it. We had issues with our pregnancy and he was VERY Supportive and Caring!! He called us after hours and on weekends with my pregnancy health issues. He called my husband to check in with him. He is very nice! I was not sure about him at first, but I am SURE about him now! He is an Excellent Doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Best doctor ever! Dr. Joe is not the least bit rude; he tells it like it is. Those that cannot handle his honesty should go see a quack that's looking for nothing but your money, and they will feed you with whatever you want to hear. He's been my doctor for 6 or 7 years now. He performed a full hysterectomy on me last month at the age of 41. I couldn't have had a better doctor for the procedure. Went back today for a follow up and everything has healed perfectly. This man is ALWAYS in tune with my concerns and ALWAYS provides excellent care. He has handled a number of gynecological issues over the past few years for me, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the care I have received from him. I have the utmost respect for this man and love his professionalism and bedside manner. He really is the best out there.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

The rudeness and worst dr ever,my wife was in worst pain ever. He didn't believe her, when she got admitted to the hospital by the on call obgyn he came in the next morning and accused her of just getting admitted to around the clock pain meds. The following week we went back to his office and he himself finally admitted her. He then took me out of the room to his office kitchen and looked in my face and said and I quote "your wife is acting like a fool"!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Horrible man! Nothing more to say than he is a CROOK!!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

The absolute worst bedside manner and is nothing but money hungry. Fraud doctor! I wish that the insurance companies would get him. No doctor but him demands 1,000.00 cash up front for surgery. He takes it then bills insurance. Insurance agencies and the law need get this man!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I have been going to Dr Edwards for over 15 years!! He is an exceptional Dr with excellent insight in today's treatment options, patient care, and overall concerns most females have concerning their bodies. I highly recommend Dr Edwards!!!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Andrew Joseph Edwards's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1990)

Delta Dental