Ratings for Dr. Andrew Joseph Edwards

Hmmm.... let's just say Dr. Edwards is not for everyone!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Have been going to Dr Edwards for about 20 years. A few years ago as I started approaching menopause, I started having problems and that is when I saw a different side of him. In the years before, I only saw him once a year during my annual wellness exam/PAP smear and he seemed nice enough during those visits, but when I started having problems I found him to be impatient, uninformative, and in a hurry to get out of the room. He interrupts me when I try to tell him about my issues and makes incorrect assumptions, which I find rude and frustrating. The last two or three times I left his office, I felt awful. I want to find a new doctor, but finding a good doctor is not easy. I really have no idea if he is technically competent or not, as he has never really treated me for anything, just the routine exams.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Staff: Nurses are great! Karen is awesome! Billing is TERRIBLE. I am not so sure it is the people as much as it is the lack of accounting software. They want you to pay even before they can file a claim, but they do a terrible job of tracking payments. Front desk staff always seems stressed when you walk in the door. They are nice, but seem very overwhelmed. Helpfulness: Overall you will get the help you need. My only complaint is that he doesn't let you finish explaining your concern before he interrupts and assumes the rest. There have been several times I have asked questions, been interrupted and listened to him rant, just to have to ask my question again because he didn't let me explain what I was asking first. I understand he is a professional and thinks he is answering the same questions day in and day out but he should let the patient finish their thought before assuming he can read their mind. Punctuality: Superb. I think there has only ever been one instance that I have had to wait longer than 15-20 minutes. Knowledge: As I mentioned before, ultimately you will get answers that you need. Dr. Edwards is definitely up to date on current research and constantly looking to improve efficiency. Overall, this is a good practice. I have left frustrated many times but it depends on the mood that you catch him in as to how you feel when you leave. Seems to be a somewhat moody environment, but ultimately Dr. Edwards cares about his practice in medicine and will do everything in his power to seek perfection in his medical practice.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Dr. Edwards has been my doctor since I was 16 years old, I am now 39. He has delivered both my children and preformed my hysterectomy. He has perfect beside manners and treats you with the upmost respect. I wouldn't go to another OBGYN. To me he and his nurse Karen are the best. I absolutely love them both.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Ladies if you are overweight, he will leave you feeling disgusted. I cried for days. Felt less than a human.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr Edwards has been my Dr for over six years . I am so happy I finally changed over to him when I did, I just wish I would have sooner . He delivered both of my sons , performed a laparoscopic surgery and then my hysterectomy. I am so grateful that I found him and he has saved me from years of pelvic pain . I cant speak highly enough about him or Karen , his head nurse . They are both God sends in my book !

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Joe for 17 years. He delivered my 2 boys (now 12 and 15) - I had preterm labor with both pregnancies and he took very good care of me thru both pregnancies and all of my complications. Six years after my last delivery, we discussed some issues that I was having - he gave me options and explained them thoroughly. When we decided on an ablation, he told me that they normally last 3-5 years. It's been 8 years and it's still working for me! He is an awesome doctor, not to mention the amazing staff he has to help him. Very straight forward and very honest! He will listen to all of your concerns and offer you options, and his opinion of what the best choice would be. He's not one to think that the same option is best for everyone - he gives his suggestion based on his patient and their current situation. He is a very well educated man and knows his practice well. I couldn't have chosen a better doctor .. 17 years ago! Anyone, here, saying that he's rude, or has horrible bedside manners are probably the patients that didn't follow his advice, or direction, and created more issues for themselves or their situations. Tammy - Guyton, GA

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Love Dr. Edwards!!! He took care of me and my baby girl safely! Yes, he is blunt and to the point, but honestly, it was for my own benefit! I appreciate him helping me out and because of him my delivery was very safe, easy, and I had absolutely NO complications!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Heard great things about Edwards but during my visits, I never got the treatment other women and nurses raved about. Lost over 25 pounds in my pregnancy due to Hyperemisis and suffered until I landed in the ER. If your overweight, you will NOT get help.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Unless you are a model, he is not for you!@! In a hurry, no follow up after surgery, as he could care less. Very rude

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Dr. Andrew Joseph Edwards's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1990)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan