Ratings for Dr. Vivek Mehta

I had the pleasure of having Dr. Mehta as my surgeon. In August 2017 he successfully resected 100 % of my meningioma. He is a straight shooter. He will answer all your questions in detail. I never had to wait long for my appt. His follow up is spot on. He has a great sense of humor. His assistant Melanie is fantastic and helpful. The reception staff is very kind and attentive. This is the the kind of surgeon you want on your side! Many thanks to you and your team!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Dr. Mehta's care of my son was extremely professional and caring. His wisdom, sense of humor, and compassion were so welcome during an extremely stressful time for our family. My son's surgery went very well and we are so grateful to Dr. Mehta and his associates.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Mehta in the peds OR when I started my nursing career >10 years ago and I never thought I would need him to help one of my own children. I suspected craniosynostosis when our son was 8 weeks old, and when I was getting absolutely NOWHERE with Alberta Children's Hospital regarding this issue, I used my connections at the Stollery and contacted Dr. Mehta's team. They saw me 3 days later in the clinic on a Monday and our baby had his OR date 8 days later on a Tuesday. THIS is how urgently craniosynostosis needs to be treated endoscopically, which no one in Calgary seemed to comprehend. Dr. Mehta is a no "BS" kind of guy, but I appreciate that as a former colleague and as the mother of one of his little patients. The care we received was amazing and it made the 7+ hour road trips to Edmonton more than worth it. I will always and forever recommend that any and all craniosynostosis families make the trips to Edmonton to receive surgery from Dr. Mehta and care and follow up from his team. Absolutely the best and we are forever grateful!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

dr mehta saved my sons life 3 times from a rare form of msra which was totallyunbelievable case hes ever had thank you

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

I am 73 years of age and suffered with severe spinal stenosis. Several physicians said in flowery words that "you are just old, live with it." In contrast Dr. Mehta said "I can help." And he did some seven weeks ago. I am now rapidly returning to the active lifestyle i enjoyed as a much younger man. This physician is a skilled surgeon with an honest and direct manner, but more than that, he makes you feel like more than just another number. I thank him for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Dr. Mehta saved my life ❤️ 6 years & 11 months ago with His gifted hands, which I'm sure are Guided by the Many Heavenly Beings. After a tumour the size of a hardball was removed and diagnosed with Stage 4 terminal brain cancer. I was blessed to have this Wonderful Man encourage me to fight and keep Faith. Thank You for jus being you Dr.Mehta ❤️

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Hands down the most amazing doctor. Very straightforward and doesn't candy coat anything which is best so the patient understands what the risks are. Thanks Dr Mehta!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

My daughter was diagnosed with chiari malformation type 1 he explained to me that everything would slowly affect her and how brain surgery would improve her abilities also told me exactly what her surgery would be like and the what's the cons of this which was scarey and risky but he made me feel that it's gona be okay and he will be really careful with my 5year old princess her surgery was a success shes active and healthy ❤️Thank you dr.metha

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Most amazing neurosurgeon I have ever associated myself with, he really knows how to make every individual patient feel special. He is extremely intelligent and has plenty of great ideas to spare. I recommend Dr. Mehta if you are looking for a pediatric neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Dr. Mehta was my brain surgeon in 2012, he removed a golf ball sized tumour that was blocking my third ventricle and causes swelling in the brain due to a back-up of fluid. I was told that this would be a very difficult surgery and that the chances of survival and further recovery would be very slim. I am proud to say that not only did I survive, I flourished. Dr. Mehta and the rest of the team at the Stollery Children's Hospital had a wonderful bedside manner, and they were extremely caring and understanding of all my issues. I am very thankful I had Dr. Mehta and his team by my side in my time of need. Truly do owe my life to this man. The only problem is how insanely busy he is, which at times makes him less than punctual, but I see this as an indication of just how fantastic a surgeon he was and is. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017