Ratings for Dr. Vivek Mehta

Dr. Mehta is a nationally recognized, accomplished and caring neurosurgeon. There are multiple patient reports of his dedication, high skill level and compassion. He has skillfully operated and treated many children and adults who have stated as such on this site and are extremely grateful for his incredible skill and professionalism. To the patient who says he "could not be bothered" to hear your concerns -did you stop to think that he may be protecting you from having an operation you don't require? He is a neurosurgeon not a neurologist or a general practitioner who would be better suited to assist with medical (not surgical) management. Your comments are invalid and uninformed.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

After seeing all of the wonderful comments about Dr Mehta perhaps I went in expecting a caring, compassionate physician who actually wanted to help his patients. I couldn't have been more wrong. If I could give Mehta a score into the negatives I would gladly do so! He COULD NOT BE BOTHERED to hear what my concerns were and all he did was push medication. Not at all interested in solving the actual problem rather let's put a bandaid on it and see if it works. Seeing him was a complete waste of time and I would recommend other patients seek out ANYONE else. I am left having to go back to the drawing board and wait another 6 months to hopeful see a specialist in Calgary who might actually listen and want to assist with my neurological condition and mass. What a horrid man.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Nothing but positive things to say about Dr.Mehta. Such a kind hearted and brilliant individual.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr. Mehta, is not only a superb Doctor, he also is an extraordinary caring individual

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

We were referred to the u of a hospital after seeing an early childhood interventionalist in our hometown. She noticed something that she thought might need looking into ie: the rate of growth of our childs head. She called pediatrics at the u of a and the neurologist on staff at the time said that we should bring her down as soon as we can to have her looked at as they were concerned there may be some swelling or underlying problem for my daughters rate of growth in her head. We drove 5 hours to the u of a and when we got there they had no record of us being referred to them which was not Dr. Mehta's fault but after we got into a waiting room and they got him to come see us because he was the neurologist on staff at the time he treated us as though we were crazy and looked at us like were were stupid for being there. We explained that we had been told to come down there and even gave him the name of the neurologist that had told us that we should come down and he still treated us the same way. It wasn't until we got ahold of the people in our hometown the next morning as all of this had happened at 1 am the night before and they re sent her information and talked to him personally that he took it seriously why we were there. They got us in for a ct scan and it showed there was no swelling so they passed her care over to a pediatrician to help us find out what was going on. But even when he did that he told us everything was ok and that his part was done and someone else would be looking after it and then walked out there was no remorse for the fact that he had made us feel like idiots for driving five hours for our daughter it was just like oh my job is done here see ya later. Im sure If something had needed to be done he may have been a good surgeon but his bedside manner was absolutely terrible. And it did turn out that there was an underlying issue it just turned out not to be neurological one.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

We lived in the North - just getting my daughter's referral in Dr. Mehta's hands was a mission. Upon picking up her file, he immediately phoned to see if we could make the drive to Edmonton for surgery ASAP and we did. Not only did he do the required surgery (sagittal synostosis repair) and follow up, he also ensured she had appropriate physiotherapy available for her gross motor skills that had stagnated and even reversed due to the pressure on her brain. He and his staff maximized every visit and made the travel well worth it. She was 8 months then - now she is 8 years and successfully playing sports, excelling in academics, happy, and attractive. He was straightforward, humourous (always with a joke that she was "still under warranty"), and knowledgeable. Even down to our final visit, he did extra tests and MRIs to ensure that everything inside her skull was top notch. If you need a therapist, he isn't the guy for you. If you need a competent neurosurgeon, he's it.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Great Doctor with exceptional professional and personal skills

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

My name varinder Passey Dr. V mehta did my Brian surgery February 14 2005 he is my god give me another life I don't have word Thank to him

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

This guy is a monster! And his secretary is just as evil. He told me I needed surgery and that of I had money I could go to another province. Thought in alberta everyone was treated equally. They are not the mentally ill, chronically ill, and the poor are left to suffer and die. Thats what this doctor and his office stands for. Lying cheat took oath to help all people, but chooses to torture and financially discriminate Albertans. If your just in it for the money and you clearly are.

Submitted March 16, 2016

dr. mehta was great to me and my kid! he changed my life, he made both me and my kid less scared

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016