You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Vivek Mehta

We lived in the North - just getting my daughter's referral in Dr. Mehta's hands was a mission. Upon picking up her file, he immediately phoned to see if we could make the drive to Edmonton for surgery ASAP and we did. Not only did he do the required surgery (sagittal synostosis repair) and follow up, he also ensured she had appropriate physiotherapy available for her gross motor skills that had stagnated and even reversed due to the pressure on her brain. He and his staff maximized every visit and made the travel well worth it. She was 8 months then - now she is 8 years and successfully playing sports, excelling in academics, happy, and attractive. He was straightforward, humourous (always with a joke that she was "still under warranty"), and knowledgeable. Even down to our final visit, he did extra tests and MRIs to ensure that everything inside her skull was top notch. If you need a therapist, he isn't the guy for you. If you need a competent neurosurgeon, he's it.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Great Doctor with exceptional professional and personal skills

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

This guy is a monster! And his secretary is just as evil. He told me I needed surgery and that of I had money I could go to another province. Thought in alberta everyone was treated equally. They are not the mentally ill, chronically ill, and the poor are left to suffer and die. Thats what this doctor and his office stands for. Lying cheat took oath to help all people, but chooses to torture and financially discriminate Albertans. If your just in it for the money and you clearly are.

Submitted March 16, 2016

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Mehta has saved my two year old son's life, my baby had a tumor in the brain stem which is a very tricky place to operate in, but with god's well and Dr. Mehta's absolute competence, the surgery was a great success and my son is getting better by the day. Dr. Mehta and his team are very professional, considerate, and caring .. I'll always be greatful to them as long as I live ... Thank you doctor Mehta :)

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Mehta saw my then five year old daughter after she was injured resulting in multiple skull fractures. We were very lucky and surgery was not required but he was a wonderful, kind, attentive doctor. Some posts mention arrogance but I saw none of that. He was actually rather humble. He WAS sure of himself and his abilities but not in an arrogant way. He simply knew what he did and did not know and what he could and could not do. I appreciated his honesty and my daughter appreciated his humour. He was wonderful with her!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

AMAZING! I had previously read some comments on here about his "cockiness" and that he was full of himself. I'm not sure about anyone else but my Neuro-surgeon had better have those qualities! Last thing I want is someone unsure of themselves or their abilities when dealing with my childs brain! He is very knowledgable and conducts himself in a professional honest manner.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr. Vivek Mehta's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We lived in the North - just getting my daughter's referral in Dr. Mehta's hands was a mission. Upon picking up her file, he immediately phoned to see if we c..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor with exceptional professional and personal skills "

April 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My name varinder Passey Dr. V mehta did my Brian surgery February 14 2005 he is my god give me another life I don't have word Thank to him "

March 25, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a monster! And his secretary is just as evil. He told me I needed surgery and that of I had money I could go to another province. Thought in alberta..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr. mehta was great to me and my kid! he changed my life, he made both me and my kid less scared "

February 12, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mehta has saved my two year old son's life, my baby had a tumor in the brain stem which is a very tricky place to operate in, but with god's well and Dr. Me..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mehta saw my then five year old daughter after she was injured resulting in multiple skull fractures. We were very lucky and surgery was not required but he..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mehta is in my opinion the best surgeon ever. He has saved my daughter life twice. He is a true angel in this earth. He is so gentle and kind. "

December 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He preformed a decompression surgery for my 2 yr old son. He is very knowledgeable and patient doctor. We have unlimited gratitude for his skills"

October 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "AMAZING! I had previously read some comments on here about his "cockiness" and that he was full of himself. I'm not sure about anyone else but my Neuro-surgeon ..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Leaves you unable to move, unable to work! But if you have money you can go to another province and get treated Dr. Mehta told us. His solution put me on narcot..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mehta is knowledgable, sympathetic and communicates with the parents really well. I have so much confidence in this doctor. "

April 16, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mehta and his wonderful secretary have left with excruciating lower lumbar pain and nerve damage. It has spread to my middle back and neck. I am losing the ..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr mehta is an amazing surgeon. He is honest and tells you all the risks but that just makes you more informed about your own body and what's going to happen."

November 21, 2014