Ratings for Dr. Yasmin Harrison

I was under this doctor's care for about 2 years. She never really helped with any of my issues! She discarded every single symptom and made me feel I was a complainer. It was until I found a different Doctor that I realized that I have a problem that should have been diagnosed right away if she had payed attention to my symptoms. I cannot stand her, she is careless, pretentious and I have no idea how she received a medical degree when she knows absolutely nothing!!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr Harrison has been my doctor for the last 3 years. I have been going through many life changes and she has kindly helped me through all of them. She listens, and takes her time when needed. I feel lucky to have her on my team of healers.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I have had the displeasure of dealing w/ this rushed, abrupt and quite frankly rude Doctor a few times now and can honestly she is the worst I have ever encountered. She is stressed, rushed and made me feel like I was a bother. I hope to have no more dealings w/ her in the future - she is an absolute embarrassment to the medical field. She also misdiagnosed me twice, due to conducting both appointments so quickly and not getting her facts right. She is the absolute worst.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr Harrison is my first experience of a good quality family doc. She is always so caring and nurturing ...and in today's visit she went above the call of duty. I was 15 min late due to traffic and she still squeezed me in and saw me promptly even though she had some family stuff to attend to that she was late for. She has such a healing prescence and to me is the perfect blend of knowledgeable MD and energy of an emotional healer.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. Harrison is punctual and the staff work to fit you int quickly if you need an appointment but I was displeased and disappointed in the overall care I received there. I was facing a chronic illness and was often told to "come back in six weeks if I didn't feel better" after a 2 minute check in. It took many many visits and a naturopath pushing for more tests and specialist appointment before I was diagnosed. Unfortunately I needed someone that would take some time to understand what illness I was facing and where I needed to be referred and it required more then a 5 minute appointment slot. I have felt very rushed at the appointments and Dr. Harrison on many occasions did not review test results that had negative health results. I was required to print out my results and interpret them using the internet. I had to advocate for certain specialist referrals and find my own specialist information before I was referred, despite testing that indicated a referral was necessary. She would often downplay medical concerns and indicate health concerns and poor test results were the result of stress. She had no knowledge of my condition and did not appear wiling to learn about it. She appears to be a nice person and have a busy practice but the care I received left me ill for a long period of time, increased anxiety, and delayed in getting the treatment I needed .

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I just saw Dr Harrison as she was taking over for my GP - She was AMAZING. She is not my doctor, but she treated me with nurturing care (I am sick and feeling pretty miserable). I was expecting a doctor who would just do the minimum but she was a a really pleasant surprise. I want to switch doctors now, lol.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Harrison has consistently left me feeling cared for physically and nurtured psychologically. She has never shamed or belittled my conditions or inquiries. I have found her extremely helpful as she does her best to provide and suggest numerous options or ways to go about caring for any particular issue. Yes, she works fast. Many people on here complain that she takes too little time with patients, but I have always found my time with her to be efficient, and I appreciate that she treats as many people as she can daily. This also means that you won't have to wait as long to get in for an appointment. A feminist, q ueer-friendly, young, female doctor with her knowledge and manner is nearly impossible to find. For people who are displeased with her I do strongly encourage you to find a new doctor, as she has a long wait-list of people trying to become one of her patients. Make room for those who will appreciate the gift that she truly is.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Thought she was alright at first but I ended up making more diagnoses of myself than she did. At least she sought my opinion, but I think it should be the doctor's job to diagnose. She failed to follow up on abnormal results that needed further testing. Refused to refer me to a specialist and now that I have another family doctor who referred me, I know I had a real condition that needed treatment. Staff is even worse- refuse to answer calls or e-mails. I have waited unreasonable amounts of time on results that were "lost in the shuffle" on more than one occasion which resulted in unnecessary treatment delays. A nice enough person but not a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Terrible experience. Prescribed medication that injured me further and denied that it was possible when there I was in worse shape. Suffered through two years with bad advice and slow referrals to specialists when she ran out of ideas. Rather visit a walk-in than risk more visits here.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I always leave the clinic feeling supported and cared for. Dr. Harrison is very attentive to my needs and really takes the time to assess my situation and provide me with the type of care I'm comfortable with (she knows I prefer meditation, yoga, cognitive behavioural therapy, talk therapy and naturopathic care rather than prescription medication for anxiety and depression). Recently I arrived in a fragile state, sobbing, and she jumped into a psychotherapeutic mode that really got me in touch with some early childhood trauma, in 10 minutes! This is a testament to how comfortable I feel with her, after only 10 visits or so. Also I am very grateful for her open mind and heart in coordinating with Naturopathic Doctor Michelle Richea whose office is a part of the clinic. Michelle has wonderful intuition about recommending natural remedies, psychotherapy, and other types of care. She spends the majority of our visits listening to my updates with careful attention, wisdom, and humour! So she is quite the psychotherapist herself! Even Jack at the desk is a kind accommodating person who helps out whenever possible. Thank you so much to everyone at the clinic for everything!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015