Ratings for Dr. Johannes van Eeden

Dr Van Eeden is an amazing doctor and I drive from South Surrey just to see him. He solved an issue I was having that 5 specialists could not solve. He listens to you and talks to you about what is going on and does not rush you out of his office (hence the reason his appts might run a bit late). He is the best doctor I have ever had!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

My name is Dr. Denzil Nair and I am a dentist and a very high maintenance patient. Dr. Van Eeden is amazing and patient with myself and my family. I live in Langley and continue to commute to Vancouver to see him. His staff have been very helpful as well when it comes to tests, referrals etc. Keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

A wonderful skilled physician, as well as a caring compassionate gentleman. I have see quite a few physicians in my time, but Dr Van Eeden ranks as #1. ....by far.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Van Eeden is very knowledgable on allergies . However, avoid him in anything related to women issues. I went to see him after bleeding in the middle of the month. He dismissed the problem just telling me that I was pre-menopausic (at 30 something). Not a test of any kind was performed. While away in a foreign country, I had to be rush to the emergency room for an iron transfusion, and later on, I had to go through surgery in Vancouver. A test on time would have shown the cause of the problem: the fibroids that have been the cause of the bleeding and the deficiency in iron. Too many students in that office doing training. Good referrals, however, once that the problem was discovered.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Dr van Eeden is a rare gem! If he's your primary care physician, you're lucky because he's the very best!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

The best Dr I have ever seen. Compassionate, knowledgeable, soft spoken & polite. Excellent staff & reasonable booking & waiting times.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Sometimes the attitude from this office is down right unprofessional. Being ridiculed by him and his student doctors can be painful. He could definitely be more sensitive. I have to say though he usually gets the diagnosis right, but could be just a bit more humble about it.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I have seen Dr. Johann van Eeden many times and there can be no doubt that he is an excellent physician who is keenly interested in every problem brought to him. Some of those complaining that he doesn't listen need two recognize two things: (1) the system pays him to see you for a limited time and (2) every medical history can be summarized and rendered succinctly in a short time -- perhaps you need to work a bit harder at deciding what to tell your physician and what you can leave out.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011

I can't say enough great things about Dr. Van Eeden. He is a compassionate and patient doctor who listens to all of your concerns before providing a diagnosis. Even when he has medical students working at his practice he comes into the room to finish up the exam. He is thorough and almost always on time. Not a single complaint. I can't imagine him ever answering a cell phone call during an examination. Take that comment with a grain of salt. He's a consummate professional and I am so glad to be in his care.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2010

Totally satisfied with the good doctor. My only concern is that he usually has a student doctor from UBC gaining a couple of week's experience in family practice, so you might be treated by a person who does not rate as highly as Dr. VE.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010