You may also like

Rate Dr. Ruben Cintron

Dr. Ruben Cintron's Ratings

Dr. Cintron was able to help me with my Trigiminal Neuralgia for almost 4 years. He has called me on weekends, evening and when I had excruciating pain he helped me get relief immediately. I am so grateful to have him with my difficult challenges that i have to deal with. He is a caring Doctor and he treats you as if you were his own family. I appreciate his expertise in solving my issues with this disorder. Question everything you read on the reviews and realize thast maybe staff have difficult days. Perhaps if you want an excellent Doctor you can begin to appreciate Doctor Cintron for his sincere care . Our family is forever grateful for Doctor Cintrons ability to give me a normal life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Like many other of Dr. Cintron's patients I was mis-diagnosed. Not once but 4 times and he still did not get it right. Instead of pursuing my symptoms he tried to infer I had a psych problem which I was cleared of later. I had a complication from another chronic illness. It mimicked the signs of MS. He should have known to look for this. Instead I suffered for months with no diagnosis nor treatment. It took a trip to the ER and an observant Dr. there to know what was going on. He also sent my GP exactly the opposite of notes to what we discussed and what my labs and MRI's showed. I felt betrayed and belittled. Most of all I suffered for no reason. I have since had 3 doctors tell me to get another opinion. I gather he is not respected by these other physicians. He also seems to have lost his privileges at a major medical center in the area. He only has privileges at a lesser known facility. I think all of this speaks to the measure of the man or the lack thereof. Maybe the "good doctor" is the one who needs a psych evaluation. He told me he does not sleep more than 3 hrs. a night and he cannot sit still. Do your due diligence and find yourself a better doctor. Just my advice from my poor experience. Oh and his office staff is as nasty as everyone says too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2872831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I have been seeing the same Neurologist for the last 13 years. Dr. Cintron is the VERY BEST doctor I have even had. He is very interested at looking at any / all emerging studies or options. I read reviews below that said you can't get an appoint any closer than 30 days...yea, have you tried ANY office to get a same-day appt? These days, it does not happen. He shows up at zero-dark thrity, and leave long after his staff every day. Try an appt around 6 or 7am, and you might find it easier to make. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2592169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Long wait time, and staff never calls you back.. However I really enjoy Dr. Cintron, he is very helpful and knows his stuff.. To bad his staff screws it up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

It took thirty day to get in for an appointment. When I arrived at 11:25 for an 11:30 appointment I was told they didn't have time to do the test; they wanted me there at 11:15 and I would have to come back the following week. I said no one had called the previous day to remind me of the appointment and that I should be there earlier. I was told they were short staffed. I made an appointment with another doctor near Landsdowne Hospital, saw him within five days and was diagnosed and treated. Very Poor experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Don't bother trying to make an appt near noon...you'll sit in cue on their stupid phone system for 30 min. to then be tossed into voice mail because they hit the out to lunch button leaving calls in que to rollover. What's worse is you leave a message (taking more of your time) for a callback to get no call back. His staff is unprofessional. BEWARE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2449330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr. Cintron was always very polite, seemed caring. I had (what I found out later) complicated migraines) which presented like seizures. Because they did not show up on the EEG's or present like epilepsy, I always felt like Dr. Cintron thought I was lying. He sent me to GW EEG clinic, the Psychiatrist was a friend of his. They tried to prove the events were psychological. I was not told this by Dr. Cintron but thru my records. I found a wonderful doctor not long after, realized what caused the problems and haven't had a 'seizure' since. I would very much prefer to hear 'I don't know what is wrong', rather than reading that I must have a psychological issue because HE can't find the problem.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1407109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Dr. Cintron is amazing! I've been on the same MS meds for 10 years (with a neurologist in Fairfax) and when I changed neurologists recently to Dr. Cintron, right away HE noticed a contraindication with my existing drugs & conditions!!! Wow! So glad I changed to him. He's very astute and 'gets' your picture of health quickly. I feel like I'm finally in good hands now! I'd highly recommend Dr. Cintron!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1407108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

Dr. Cintron is an angel, pure and simple. I'm sure there are hundreds of qualified docs in the DC area but Cintron is in a class by himself -- caring, gentle, supportive, and experienced.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1407107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr. Cintron has been my neurologist since 2007. I have had epilepsy and essential tremor since I was 13 years old. I am now 48. I have seen many neurologists, including 5 since moving to VA in the mid 90's. I can tell you that Dr. Cintron is by far the most competent person I have ever seen. I appreciate the time he takes and the level of care he provides. In my case, I am amazed at the amount of personal information he is able to recall when I see him. I moved out of state for a while and he continued to treat me which was something I really appreciated. Most importantly, he has patiently taken the time to wean me off certain medications and find ones that were a better fit. If you know anything about seizure disorders, you understand that this can be a long, difficult process. In short, Dr. Cintron will listen to everything you have to say and will then map out a realistic plan and stay on top of it. In my opinion, there is not a more qualified neurologist in the D.C. area.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1407106].votes_count ]]