Ratings for Dr. Russel Sawa

Dr Sawa has retired in early 2016. He is replaced by Dr S. Mirza who comes from the UK.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr Sawa is knowledge, very thorough and attentive.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Don't listen to jealous competitors... we need you.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Sawa for 7 years. As long as he continues to practice he will be my doctor. I can be a difficult patient, and Dr. Sawa always attends to me with the utmost patience. He is wise, gentle, and very thorough. Be prepared to listen, and to follow through with Dr. Sawa's recommendations. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Dr Sawa forgets,what medicine he has prescribed you and why he prescribed it. This man is to busy to take on new clients and is harming those he is trying to treat, as they are not getting the time and care they actually need. Do not see Dr Sawa for counseling this would be an awful mistake, I cant share my experience in this matter because of the nature, but the experience my wife and I had was awful!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

My Wife and my childern saw Dr Sawa couple of time starting 2011. the First time he was great and I felt lucky to find him. but since then it has been horrible experience. I read some of the reviews and thats exactly what happend with me. it feels like you bothering him when you go, sometimes he is rude, very disorganized and his nurse Debbie she is always in vecation( I wish i can get a job with that much vecation time), so you suffer trying to get your presscribtion. unless this was your last option, I wouldnt go and see him

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

rude, abrupt, disorganized, difficult to see - his hours are lousy, frequently away from office. generally unpleasant environment including staff that is difficult to deal with

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr.Sawa advises he practices medicine carefully, I believe this to be the case and perhaps this accounts for some of the "complaints." He does refer issues to specialists but as I have a number of health issues that require careful follow up referrals to specialists do seem to be prudent. I imagine most if not all family doctors in Calgary have a heavy patient load and no doubt do their best working in the system. I believe this applies to this doctor as well. He does follow a format during appointments, however, he always asks if I have any questions before the session is concluded and I really have had no complaint with the care received.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Messy, disorganized, unprofessional- even to his nurses. Has a heart of gold, however, if it wasnt for his chart, he may not know my name

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Always late, forgets what tests he has done, and what medications he has prescribed.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011