Ratings for Dr. Glen Holloway

What a shame to have lost such a wonderful doctor. I found him very knowledgeable, with an excellent bedside manner. He explained everything in detail and mad you feel comfortable before, during and after a procedure.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

I was devastated at the sad new of Dr. Holloway's passing. It saddens me to read the negative comments posted here as my experiences with him had been nothing less than extremely positive. I have Dr. Holloway to thank for the gift of my first son (through fertility treatments and IUI). Years ago, while waiting to go into laparoscopy surgery, I lay on a stretcher crying. When Dr. Holloway came to check on me, he held my hand and told me that everything would be okay - that he would take care of everything. I will never forget that moment. He made me feel so much better at a time when I wasn't sure if I would ever have any children. He delivered my second child, and now that I pregnant with my 3rd, I am sad that he not here to share this experience with my family. This man was gifted, funny, and a tremendous loss to the medical community. I will miss him and will never forget him as he has impacted our lives forever.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

My husband and I are both truly upset to hear of Dr. Holloways passing. He was an amazing doctor. He was caring. had a nice sense of humor, and was a book of knowledge. Eleven years ago, we were told by another doctor in town we would never have children. Ten years ago, I heard about Dr. Holloway and his specialty in infertility. He was a specialist in IVF and ICSI, and although the treatments were relatively new, Dr. Holloway was always on top of the new information that could help his patients. We are fortunate to have 3 wonderful children. I was hoping to bring them this year to say thank-you, as my daughter will be turning 10. He spent a lot of early mornings with me at the clinic to see if my eggs were ready to be fertilized, even in the storm of 1998 when the city closed down, he was there. He mentioned he had to go to the hospital that night to perform a C section, then sleep for a couple of hours, then to check on me, then start his morning or calls at the clinic.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

I was a patient of Dr.Holloways for years. He was the best doctor I have ever known, and I trusted him with my life. When I heard of his passing I just could not believe it. Such an amazing doctor, gone too soon. His sense of humour and compassion got me through many difficult surgeries due to endometriosis. The third and final surgery rid my body completely of it and I owe it all to him. To anyone who has said negative things about him - I feel sorry for you, because you are so wrong. RIP Dr.Holloway, you will be greatly missed by so many.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2007

This doctor's passing will be a great loss to Thunder Bay. All women hate these types of doctors no matter the circumstance. Please spare me "this doctor doesn't like women" he is not there to be your friend nor is he there to judge you. Think of this doctor's job. Think of all the types of women he has to deal with. If you were in pain is it really his fault. I don't think this doctor's job was any easier then the pain any of us women experienced. Does't matter the situation when there's pain no Doctor can really help. But its better then death.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2007

HOLLOWAY, Dr. Glen 2007-12-07 Dr. Glen Holloway, age 56 years of Winnipeg Ave., passed away unexpectedly in Toronto on Monday December 3rd, 2007. Resting at the HARBOURVIEW FUNERAL CENTRE, pending completion of funeral arrangements. Full obituary to follow in Saturdays paper.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2007

Was unwelcome at my birth and made me very uncomfortable. He is the reason I turned to having a Midwife the next time around.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2007

Dr. Holloway delivered both of my children. I was so happy with The first delivery that I hoped for him the second time. Just my luck he was on-call that day. He helped calm me down and made me feel like everything was going to be okay. I also loved the warm cloth technic he uses. I am so glad he delivered my babies.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

Dr. Holloway has been my Dr. for many years. I am grateful to my family Dr. for referring me to him. He is always professional & never in too much of a hurry to explain things in a way I can understand. To the point of drawing pictures for me when needed. I only hope I can see him again if his specialty is needed. His care & concern after surgery was much appriciated, & I am a "fat" patient.. His sense of humor does much to alliviate the stress of many uncomfortabe situations. If I had to describe him in a few words warm, funny, expert, professional come to mind.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2007

After my second baby (6-7 weeks post partum)I was having heavy and unusual bleeding and cramping which he told me was my period even though I insisted it wasn't. A day or so later, I started hemmoraging and was admitted to the hospital and told by the E.R. doctor I would have an ultrasound the next morning and would possibly need a D&C. The next morning, Dr. Holloway came to see me, didn't even examine me or feel my abdomen, uterus etc., asked me if the bleeding had stopped, and when I said it slowed down again he told me to go home and nothing else needed to be done. HE DIDN'T EVEN EXAMINE ME!!!!! I shouln't of listened, but did and ended up hemmoraging again and going in for a D&C in which they found retained placenta. He needs to learn how to listen to his patients, and he should have definitely atleast examined me or sent me for an ultrasound.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007