Ratings for Dr. Kar Quek

This used to be a good Dr. I don't know why he has changed into a rude un helpful Dr. I myself like the last review have been asked in a very rude manner if I was listening to him . I am done with this doctor for good !! i think my family is not the only one looking for a better Dr. As his office used to be way busier . No compassion at all !!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

The staff have more personality than Dr. Quek. He's asked my mother if she's listening to him several times while I was just sitting there for a prescription. He's an impossible doctor and refuses to actually listen for the real problems. He'd push pills towards you rather than try to treat your issues.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr Quek has been my family doctor for the past 26 years and has been extremely helpful as a medical professional and as a person you can trust for advice. He takes the time to listen and understand whats going on prior to diagnosis and is extremely gentle. Prior to travelling I had gone for a checkup to ensure I was fine to go abroad and Dr Quek had offered advice on specific medications and other measures that can help someone while travelling (traveler's sicknesses). Overall he has been a great GP for my family and myself, I've never hesitated to seek help or advice from him for anything.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Been my (family) doctor for the last 15 or so years. Always been caring and helpful with my problems, taking time to listen, and he's funny too. The staff has stayed consistent, so in a way, I kind of grew up with some of them too. He spends a lot of time with you and doesn't try to rush you out the door, making sure you learn and understand what you're dealing with, as well as options of treatment and whatnot. Though because of that, sometimes you have to wait awhile for your appointment to actually start, but it's not a big deal most of the time for me, there were a few times that we had to wait 2 hours, but the recent visits the wait would be 20~60 minutes on average. Time flies for me when I wait. But if you're a really busy person, it can pose a problem if you don't plan the visits well.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I'd give a 0 if I could although his staff were great. He was rude, and not allowing me to state all of the symptoms I had. He treated me like a 14 year old who didn't know my own 50 year old body. He also wouldn't do a vaginal swab that I'd requested so then I had to go to another doctor right after and it turns out that I do have a nasty yeast infection which didn't show many symptoms physically which is why I asked for a swab. I will be filing a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Staff are rude, had to wait one hour while we had an appt. and then had to leave because wait was way too long and 3 patients still ahead of us, lying staff told us there was only 1 ahead of us. Not helpful, chatterbox, spends more time showing you his cool iPhone apps than actually talking about what you came to talk about. He's kinda smart but forceful, and he shoved and hurt my daughter. Greedy and rude, too!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr Quek has been my doctor for over 25 years. He is personable, takes the time to talk to you and really diagnose the issues. I am lucky to have a doctor that cares and shows compassion, understanding and takes the time to listen. He truly cares about his patients. It does however take a LONG time to get to see him and when you make an apt anticipate at least and hour wait before getting in to see him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr Quek has been our family physician for over 20 years. We have complete faith in him, and yes, you do need to wait sometimes but that is because he spends time with each patient. If possible, go with an appointment, otherwise if you are there as a drop in, be prepared to wait. When you really need him, what's a couple of hours?

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

Great Doctor, very comfortable to talk to, staff is extremely rude

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Dr Quek has been my physician for over 10 years. very knowledgeable, very friendly, takes his time with each patient and makes you feel important once you do get to see him. However his front desk staff are horrible and they seem to get more incompetent and rude with each visit. Most recently they scheduled me for the wrong date and didn't bother to follow up when I had "no showed" so that we could have at the very least resolved it. When I arrived on the date and time I was supposed to be scheduled for, they were incredibly unhelpful given that they had screwed up royally. People wait weeks to see their doctor, would be nice if they could get organized. I love Dr. Quek but frankly there are a lot of good docs in the city and I'm losing patience with the staff at this clinic.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015