You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Barry Whyte

I have Multiple Sclerosis which affects my left side. I walk with a limp which affects the balance of my whole body. Barry was recommended to me by the weight trainers of the gym I workout at. Barry has helped me with walking straighter and less pain. He is very knowledgeable and professional. M.H.F.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Barry and his team have been fantastic to work with. Very informative, personable with prompt service. Within only a couple short months with Barry,my daily pain level that had been consistent for almost 2 years is 80-90% better than when I started. Thanks for helping to give me my life back! KF

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I have a chronic pain in my back and whenever I get an adjustment I feel instant relief. I love the eclectic combination of skills Barry uses in each treatment and leave feeling recharged. Thx to all.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I have seen many chiro's over the years, some good, some not so good. Dr. Whyte's has a number of chiro techniques, some of which I was not familar with. I was a little skeptical with the micro adjustments but they seemed to have worked managing a fall that I had that compressed my vertabrae. He has a very strong upper body and I am a little tentative about how much strength he uses given I am an older slight woman. He is good at what he does and knows it.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

Barry has fixed me up too many times to count! Some highlights include injuring my back a few days before my wedding which Barry corrected after two sessions and helping me to move my head to the left after being stuck for a few days! Barry is extremely gentle and kind. Very easy to talk to and doesn't mind my little one crawling around the treatment room. I never wait for more then a few minutes and always get in quickly if I'm in pain. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I have seen chiropractors for upwards of 15 years. My last chripractor I was with for 10 years. Having recently moved, I was looking for a new chiropractor. Did my reasearch online and found Dr. Whyte. Went in for a consultation and it was all about him...lift your leg, lift your arm, he touched my neck, lift your leg...oh wasn't that better. No, it wasn't. In the 30 minutes I was there he never once asked what kinds of treatment I had had in the past. Do yourself a favour, and see someone who cares more about his patients than himself.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I was very skeptical of chiropratic t my whole life. I have a neck injury from many, many years ago, and when I inverted a vertebrae in my upper back, my massage therapist recommended chiro...I wish I had started going many years ago! I now look forward to my regular visits.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Wow is the best term to sum up my experience with Dr. Whyte. As a professional dancer I've had a lot of mixed experiences with different practitioners who haven't yielded positive results from their work for the different injuries that I've experienced. I came in to see Dr. Whyte after a knee injury/surgery that had taken almost two years to improve. I honestly thought I'd never perform or be athletic again and that I would have to accept that I was going to be in pain for the rest of my life. He truly was my last straw. After seeing Dr. Whyte for eight treatments, not only did he reveal the true cause of my ongoing pain and inability to heal, he also managed to completely drive my injury in a new direction leading to a full recovery. What I appreciated from his sessions was his careful study of what was happening with my body (as a whole) and what muscle and bones needed adjusting to improve function and mobility. Unlike most Chiropractors, Dr. Whyte also gave me physical therapy exercises to aid in my weekly healing and really worked on my muscle tension. Although my sessions were extremely painful, it was by no means through faulty work. Dr. Whyte was very professional by maintaining a knowing relationship of how I was coping and making sure not to push me too far. As a patient, I got the full extent of his work by handling the big adjustments that I was receiving and understanding that he was literally moving my bones. But as I was told to do so, drinking copious amounts of water after each session aided in my after session recovery. I also appreciated that each session wasn't timed or rushed and that my session was only over once the needed work was done. From beginning to end I would highly recommend this clinic. The staff are extremely professional and polite and it is always nice to have appointment reminders emailed my way. Lovely location and very clean. Overall, money well spent and I will continue my maintenance here for a long time.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I have been going to chiropractors for most of my life. Dr Barry Whyte is by far the best I have ever been to. I'm feeling considerably better than I have in a long, long time. DT

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Barry Whyte's Credentials

• Palmer College of Chiropractic (Grad. 2006)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have Multiple Sclerosis which affects my left side. I walk with a limp which affects the balance of my whole body. Barry was recommended to me by the weight..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Barry and his team have been fantastic to work with. Very informative, personable with prompt service. Within only a couple short months with Barry,my daily pai..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have a chronic pain in my back and whenever I get an adjustment I feel instant relief. I love the eclectic combination of skills Barry uses in each treatment..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen many chiro's over the years, some good, some not so good. Dr. Whyte's has a number of chiro techniques, some of which I was not familar with. I was ..."

October 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Barry has fixed me up too many times to count! Some highlights include injuring my back a few days before my wedding which Barry corrected after two sessions an..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen chiropractors for upwards of 15 years. My last chripractor I was with for 10 years. Having recently moved, I was looking for a new chiropractor. Did..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very skeptical of chiropratic t my whole life. I have a neck injury from many, many years ago, and when I inverted a vertebrae in my upper back, my massa..."

September 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Barry uses a holistic approach to identifying and fixing the problem. He has helped me a lot on my neck and hip issues. "

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow is the best term to sum up my experience with Dr. Whyte. As a professional dancer I've had a lot of mixed experiences with different practitioners who have..."

June 23, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.atlaschiropractic.ca" to "http://www.atlaschiropractic.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9T 6M8". Address has been updated from "None" to "4515 Uplands Drive". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12505856325".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to chiropractors for most of my life. Dr Barry Whyte is by far the best I have ever been to. I'm feeling considerably better than I have in a ..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Whyte is extremely professional. He is an amazing Chiropractor. Very skilled and has a multi-system holistic approach to treating his patients. As a retired ..."

March 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "For 10 yrs I had chronic back pain and couldn't move without being in pain everyday all day! It was 6 yrs ago that Barry forever changed my life! I walked into ..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I tried Barry several times. Each time all he did was hurt me. He kept telling me how wonderful he was and how crooked I was and kept insisting he could fix me...."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have always been skeptical of how helpful chiro could be, but Barry has done well to change my mind. His no-nonsense approach and honesty is well received by ..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen chiropractors since I was a teenager and Barry is the first whole-body wellness chiropractor I have come across. Absolutely amazing man."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Barry, and he's made each of our experiences wonderful. We trust him, and highly recommend him. Since seeing him, our heal..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter and I have been seeing Dr. Whyte for over a year now and we highly recommend him. He is great with children and I have noticed a big difference in ..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Been going to Dr. Whyte for over 2 years & have found him to be an excellent Chiropractor & he has been very helpful in keeping me in good shape. I would have..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've have been a patient of Dr. Whyte's for the last 3 years. I have always found him to be extremely pleasant, competent and informative. He can be very deli..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great guy, good knowledge, friendly, knows what he is doing."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had been going to a Chiropractor in Ontario for a chronic problem in my lower lumbar section of my back for years. After moving to Nanaimo, Barry at Atlas Ch..."

November 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I have seen Dr. Whyte many times for many issues. He is always so knowledgeable and helpful. We usually just need one session. I highly recommend..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I sprained my ankle I thought I would be off my feet for days it was so painful. I came in the same day it happened as Dr. Whyte suggested. After hobbling ..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "EXCELLENT CARE....EXCELLENT RESULTS...:) CHERYL SCHMIDT.."

October 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Whyte is by far the best chiropractor I've been to in Nanaimo. He has corrected many of my poor weight lifting habits, and has motivated me to try many diff..."

October 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend him. He has helped me a lot with my neck issues."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best chiropractor around!! Thanks to Dr. Whyte I now have great posture! I even drive all the way from Port Alberni just to see him! Everyone in his office is..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had the good fortune of having an adjustment from Dr. Whyte and I have to say that is was a totally different experience from any treatment I have ev..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm maya whyte and I love my daddy cause he is a great chiropractor and he gives great adjustments. He is really great with people and has adjusteds me since I..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you for your ongoing support. You and your staff are excellent. Your service and treatments have been second to none. I have seen many Chiropractors ov..."

September 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks, Dr. Whyte , you are amazing in terms of bringing relief to my " constant and crazy neck issues". You are the first Chiropractor in over 40 years, that..."

September 4, 2014