Ratings for Dr. John Clark Bundren

Let me start by saying the first few visits were great. I loved the nurses and this doctor! Every time I went they treated me like family and called to check after appointments and just acted very professional. My first surgery was to laser the endometriosis, take out scar tissue from an ectopic, and get samples on the group of over 50 polyps on my uterine walls. Surgery went great, healing went great, they called to check repeatedly and it just made me fully believe in the doctor. Every visit I went to, there was always a student and a nurse in the room and the doctor said that I had a rare case so he wanted the student there to learn. Mind you my husband barley sees me naked, and he always asked if it was okay in front of the student, and I did not want to feel rude. So I didn't care for that from the very beginning but with all the pros to the place I figured I could get over my comfort. I started having HORRIBLE abdominal pains, pains that I could not stand and would leave me in a fetal position. Dr Bundren told me that my only option (to get the pain to stop) was to start the Depo shot that would shut my hormones down for six months and then he would put me on a hormone to restart everything... That is literally all the information he would give me. So I scheduled an appointment with me and my husband to go over this shot, because I had read NOTHING but negative reviews on this. My husband was far against it but we really trusted this doctor to have our best interests at heart. We chose to try it because the pain was unbearable, and that opened a huge can of worms. Before the injection I had to fill out all this paperwork that talked about being depressed, gaining weight, being suicidal, harming yourself and others, etc. The nurses told me that I could call any day or night and they would help me through anything. Week One - I woke up with EVERY inch of my body hurting.. Its what I think arthritis would feel like, I was so emotional and I just hurt so extremely bad. Let me throw in that I don't take any kind of medication at all and I would say my pain tolerance is pretty high. So here I was not able to get out of bed, crying in my car outside of work two hours late because I could barley move, and calling this dr's office to see what I should do. One week.. ONE WHOLE ENTIRE WEEK I tried to call twice a day and each time I was told that they were busy, they would have the doctor call me when he could. Not one time did a nurse or doctor call. Almost a month later, the secretary called me to make sure I was coming in for my second injection, I explained how I called multiple times and no one ever responded so probably not. She told me how sorry she was and that a nurse would call, again never heard a thing. I received three more calls from this secretary over the next few months stating that my insurance wouldn't cover my first injection because I didn't take all six and that I needed to pay a little shy of ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Needless to say I will never be back nor will they get another cent from me.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

It is astonishing that he still has a license. I think this man is a sociopath.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

I had an absolutely horrific and frustrating experience with Dr. Budren and his staff. I would not recommend his services to anyone. First, I had a completely unnecessary surgery (I have found this is common at his office). I had a procedure to correct an issue I didn't have that could have been easily identified with a 3D ultrasound. Second, as soon as it was known that my insurance had fertility coverage, I no longer got phone calls back. I seriously waited over 2 weeks, left 7 messages that all went unreturned just to get test results. I still haven't heard from their office, but I went there in person and they told me they have all my results and have had them for a while, but have been "too busy" to get back to me. However, in person, they could not hand me my records because the nurse was busy with a patient. Today, I'm going up there to get copies of my records that I will gladly pay $0.45-$1 per page for (they're making me pay for paper copies of my records) just to be done with this office! Ladies, if you feel like this is the only office in Tulsa that can help you with fertility problems, I promise you there are better options out there!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

He is amazing! He took very good care of me and now I have a beautiful son! He cares so much about his pts and I don't want any other Dr.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I was mis diagnosed by my OB. I found Dr. Bundren, literally got in, in 3 days. He got right down to the problem and found out what was going on. He is extremely knowledgeable. I will be referring friends and family members to him. His staff is awesome as well.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Waste of money and a waste of time. He wouldn't return our calls and left us in an awful position.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Bundren for over a year... He is very knowledgeable and very concern of my health and figuring out the problems that was causing my infertility.. IVF is a very stressful process for any couple, however his staff made it much easier... He was my second doc that I saw for IVF, and his most concerns was my health and not making a quick dollar. I recommend Dr Bundren and his staff...Also we are bless to be pregnant because of Dr Bundren and his staff!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Being new to Tulsa, we saw Dr. Bundren for my already diagnosed PCOS and endometriosis. Initially friends warned us of his inability to communicate and overall awful bedside manner, but we figured we could deal with those issues if he was able to help me medically. After 6 months of Lupron injections, 2 months of birth control, and 4 months of Metformin, my husband and I were willing to take the next step which was injectables. IUI or possibly IVF. However after my follow up and discussions with his main nurse, we decided to immediately attempt a round of injectables. This is when the problem began- after my husband and I left we were excited to begin the next chapter, but the office never called. I received one phone call from a California based pharmaceutical company that requested I pay over the phone for $1100 (roughly) of medications. I told her I would need to speak with my doctor because I didn't know the amount I was supposed to purchase. The woman was very rude and abrupt. The next day I called Dr. Bundren's office and explained the confusing conversation to his secretary and she said that is weird and I was not supposed to purchase any medication myself. After several more messages from myself and and my husband we never heard another word. That was months ago. I had to abruptly discontinue the medication I was taking because my prescription ran out and clearly Dr. Bundren had no interest in me being his patient anymore, therefore they were certainly not going to write me another one. Not only is this office uncaring, but I have a strong feeling something very unethical is occurring with this office and their use of client's insurance. I plan to investigate this situation legally.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I started going to Dr. Bundren for fertility issues in Nov. 2014. I was so grateful that he was able to diagnose me quickly and start treatment with not only my health in mind but also by working with my insurance company to provide all of the financial info that we needed. I am currently undergoing treatment with Dr. Bundren and his great staff. I couldn't be happier with the way my case has been handled, it's a timely process but it is all done to keep me healthy. I would and have recommended him to friends. cons: you may have to wait a little longer in the waiting room on certain days but I have a standing appointment for treatment and I can usually get in and out quickly for this.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. Bundren and his staff were always very respectful and nice to me and my husband. They are very knowledgeable about endometriosis and treatment for this condition. They regularly communicated my treatment plan to me and quickly called me back to answer any questions. I like the fact that when I rarely called in they knew exactly who I was. The only complaint is occasionally my wait time with office visits was close to an hour. Great doctor and staff!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr. John Clark Bundren's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)