Ratings for Dr. Desmond Griffin

Dr Griffin retired...much to my dismay, he kept me on track for more than a decade, and I cannot say enough good things about him. He is caring, compassionate, eager to help and work with solutions to problems. He succeeded with medications where many others did not. I cannot say enough good things about this doctor, I highly respected him, his opinion and his way of practicing. He helped and made my life much better and I appreciate all he did to help me.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr. Griffin is the best psychiatrist I've ever had. He's extremely knowledgeable, and very kind and caring. He really thinks about your specific situation and comes up with excellent suggestions to improve your life. He really excels at being a creative & imaginative thinker or "problem solver" - & his suggestions show how much he really cares about his patients' lives. The best doctor I've ever had (& I've seen a large number). He is simply the BEST.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

Dr. Grifin is a very knowledgeable practitioner who properly diagnosed me in 2011. He is very compassionate at what he does, listens to you and very supportive. He's the very first pyschiatrist that I have come across who has got my diagnosis correctly. I was affiliated with Delta Mental health and honestly they are a bunch of quacks! I now live a normal stress free life and able to fulfill my endeavors! I highly recommend Dr. Griffin!

Submitted November 10, 2014

Submitted October 28, 2014

Submitted September 25, 2014

Patient's update
I don't blame Dr. Griffin for what happened because I reported the medication given to me by my GP was working, but I feel like he could have done more.

Submitted September 25, 2014

Patient's update
My GP retired after the incident. Dr. Griffin is dangerous and irresponsible. He is a con man, not a mental health professional.

Submitted October 8, 2014

Patient's update
I had given Dr. Griffin a better rating for his punctuality and staff, however after my review and the one below this one, somebody affiliated with Dr. Griffin posted a non-patient rating with a 5 star rating and it was removed because it's not a patient review, however the rating stayed. After it was removed, a few days later there was another 5-star rating that appears like a patient review. Now he's at a higher standing than before (despite 2 recent negative patient reviews), so I am lowering my rating to offset the attempt that Dr. Griffin, or someone he knows, made to bury the negative patient reviews from people that haven't been helped very much (or have been harmed) by him. Basically if you're confident in your family support systems then Dr. Griffin might help you, but if there's a chance that a medication could change your behavior and cause you to become manic or psychotic, and nobody is around to help you, then Dr. Griffin is dangerous for you, and will get his golfing buddies to write praise on this website so your doctor feedback will be buried beneath the message he wants you to read.

Submitted November 15, 2014

Patient's update
I might disagree with his methods but I live a better life today than before I met Dr. Griffin.

Submitted April 30, 2015

Patient's update
I posted my last comment after I was arrested by the RCMP under the Mental Health act at the behest of Dr. Griffin who was trying to cover up his mistakes and discourage me from telling my story. He ruined my life. I don't really care if I get arrested again and go to jail though because I have nothing to lose so I am taking a risk and continuing to tell my story here so hopefully this con man doesn't ruin your life too. Please stay away from this man. He does it for the money not for your health.

Submitted July 18, 2015

Patient's update
I trusted you, I thought you were my friend. I will never be able to live the life I wanted to after what you did to me. You're a bad person.

Submitted November 28, 2015

Patient's update
Dr. Griffin might have saved my life. I am thankful to him for trying to help me even if I think the medication he gave me caused a lot of problems. I feel like I have a future now but when I met him I was staring into the abyss and couldn't escape.

Submitted December 2, 2015

Patient's update
I have no doubt this man has damaged many lives. He is a disgrace to the medical profession and humanity in general. If he had any decency he would take his own life.

Submitted January 21, 2016

Basically you tell him what you have, and you have it. His "tests" are the same as the online tests. Seems he can't see a patient who needs help when they are clearly not doing so well. Very easy doctor to scam into thinking you need drugs basically. I was not there for the drugs, I needed help.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Dr. Griffin is very knowledgeable about current medications & will take the time to explore the best medication or "cocktail" of medications that works best for you as an individual. This is what makes him an exceptional psychiatrist compared to most psychiatrists who will prescribe only a few medications (or only one!!)- & if you complain of side effects, they write you up as "non-compliant" or "difficult" - But Dr. Griffin is eager to make sure he's fine-tuned his patients' medications & is always willing to let them try the newest meds. He's saved my life - not only expert pharmacological knowledge, but he's very supportive of his patients, willing to do or suggest brilliant & creative solutions to patients problems.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

Dr. Griffin is the best doctor I've ever had. He is extremely supportive and always has my best interests at heart; he's an expert therapist who employs highly sophisticated and creative problem-solving skills to my individual situation and problems; he's very knowledgeable psychiatrict and other medications. I've been his patient since 2008 and, as a result, my life has improved dramatically: I'm positive, upbeat, energetic, filled with hope, and eagerly look forward to each day and my future.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Knowledgeable, understanding, helps one feel comfortable opening up and telling him whats troubling them.I tried to see 2 other Dr.s before him and sat there unable to talk honestly. Dr.Griffin seems genuine in wanting to help you.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

Very helpful and knowledgeable. Cares and takes the time to listen to you. Puts you at ease and has a good sense of humour.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

Dr. Desmond Griffin's Credentials

• N.U.Ireland (Grad. 1964)