Ratings for Dr. Mary Joseph

Simply the best! Dr. Joseph is kind, caring, and very knowledgeable. She truly goes above and beyond for our family. We couldn't have asked for a better doctor!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Our family of 4 have been patients for more than15 years. We have complete trust in her ability. She has always been respectful and interested in our wellness. She takes time to ensure the best of care is received.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I'm also doubting the reliability of this site but, here is my experience. I was scheduled for 2:00 and I didn't see her until 3:00 and left at 4:15. She was very disorganized and even JUDGEMENTAL! There was no way she actually listened to my heart and lungs. She put the stethoscope over my spine and shoulder blades..you can't here heart and lung sounds through bone! I was a new patient and she even knew I was a nurse before hand. Also the lovely 14 page packet they make you fill out in the waiting room is pointless. You could tell they didn't even look at it when they were asking questions. She's the type of person who is going to refer you to other specialists instead of being a doctor and treating you. I will also be seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Takes her time, treats you like a person and seems to geniunely care about your overall health.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Joseph has been my family doctor for a number of years. She genuinely cares for her patients and takes the time to ask how they are doing personally, job-wise, how their families are, etc. It may mean waiting an additional 15 minutes past your scheduled appointment time but so what? She truly cares! Doctors these days treat you like numbers...not Dr. Joseph. She is very knowledgeable and if she doesn't know something she will check her medical books or ask the pharmacist questions to make sure she is prescribing the right treatment. Some drugs are fairly new and I'm happier that she asks before she prescribes. We can't expect a doctor to know every new drug, side effects, etc. I have never encountered a doctor so giving of her time. She's genuine! We love her! Thank you for your time and your wonderful care!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

We are a family of 6 and Dr. Joseph has been our family doctor since we moved to NS almost 12 years ago. She is a wonderful person as well as a great physician and friend. She diagnosed two major problems (both at different times) I had and scheduled me right away to see a specialist. She cares about her patients, their families and their lives. If she doesn't know what's wrong,she will have tests done and not prescribe meds unnecessarily. She shares her own opinions but is non-judgmental. Her appointment times lacked but I believe it's because she takes the needed time with each of her patients. You never feel rushed and she listens intently to what you have to say. I could always get an appointment within a couple hours of calling the office. The staff was always very friendly and helpful when needed. We will miss Dr.Joseph terribly when she retires as we feel we'll be losing part of our family :-( The doctor taking over her practice...has very large shoes to fill.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

Has been my families doctor for over 14 years. We have been very pleased with the medical care received. I have always felt confident we were receiving the best level of care.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr. Joseph is an AMAZING doctor. She has great relationships with her patients, and she truly cares about you and your well-being. She was my mother's doctor, she is my doctor, and she is now my daughter's doctor. I would trust any family member's health with her. She does have her own personal opinions, but I have never found her to be rude. I find her very flexible, and have always been able to see her within a few hours of calling if I urgently need to see her. Top notch. BEAUTIFUL person. Has been there for me countless times as a doctor, and as a friend. I will be very sad when she retires.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Dr. Joseph has to be the most disorganized Doctor I have ever met. Her office hours are clearly posted on her office door, yet, when I walk in to make an appointment with the receptionist, the door is always locked, even if it's within the open hours. No one ever answers the phone, which goes back to them not being there! She even takes long vacations! I WILL be looking for a new GP in the very near future.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011