Ratings for Dr. Russ Knaus

He changed heart meds without consulting specialist

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Best doctor!He assisted me in managing my health concerns, which were worked out naturally. I am in control of my health and his advice was most rewarding.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

Excellent Doctor and Staff! Dr. Kanuss takes the time needed to meaningfully understand and respond to health problems. He is kind, caring and thoughtful. The staff is considerate and professional.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010

If you are over 90 this doctor practices medicine 'by proxy'. You don't even need to be in his office to get your medication changed. He will change it based on 'family' opinion alone. I thought I had 'rights'. I drive, I pay taxes, I pay my bills....but guess because of my age what I feel is of no consequence.He listens to my daughters and doesn't even 'see' me.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2009

Just because he says you need thyroid pills before he even tests you doesn't make it true. And that isn't even the worst thing he does. He talks a good line and sounds like he's right on top of things but his head is in the clouds. He's like a horse with blinkers on. The sad thing is he will turn people against some of the best things we go to him for like bioidentical hormoes just because he isn't prescribing things properly. I got very sick on the two drugs he prescribed me - thyroid and cortef. My tests that were done by a different doctor proved that I didn't have any problem with my thyroid and the problem I did have and went to him for was ignored. He may be a nice man and spend time with you once you get into his office, but really its because he likes to hear himself speak. This is no better than the doctor who prescribes antibiotics for everything. Worse in fact. He should first make sure he knows what the problem is before pulling out his prescription pad.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

This doctor thinks everyone needs thyroid, hormones and cortef. A couple of people I know got very sick taking what he prescribed because they did not need it. One ended up in the ER because of what he prescribed that she did not need. He either does not do the right tests or does the tests and ignores the results and gives you meds you don't need anyway. He thinks he knows everything but in reality he is going to end up hurting someone and then he is going to be in serious trouble. The wait time is absolutley insane. 4 hours late at times. Don't book so many in one day. Find another doctor, don't waste your time or risk your health seeing him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Total idiot. This guy thinks that everyone in our town has a thyroid problem and is allergic to wheat. I can't even believe he has a medical license. Natural health remedies are 'complementary" but he thinks EVERYONE needs to take his chicken soup and pig thyroid 'cures'. Would not take my children there if he was the last Dr. on the planet!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

He is very well informed and helped me when my own family doctor wouldn't. If you have a thyroid problem and the tests to prove it, go to him! He knows what he's doing and as a result, I feel like I owe him for finally having a normal quality of life again.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

2 YEARS AGO MY FAMILY DOCTOR AND SPECIALIST BOTH TOLD ME I NEEDED A HYSTERECTOMY. SINCE SEEING DR.KNAUS, I WAS GIVEN A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH.. THE WAIT TIME IS SUPER LONG, BUT DR KNAUS TREATS THE PROBLEM, NOT JUST THE SYMPTOM AND TAKES THE TIME TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU...I WILL TAKE THIS "HIPPIE DOCTOR" ANYDAY BEFORE GOING BACK TO WESTERN MEDICINE AND ALL THE PILLS THEY PRESCRIBE..

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

wait time is horrible, every one is daiagnosed with a thyroid or needs to be on a gluten free diet.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008