Ratings for Dr. S. Helen Engelbrecht

I have had several run ins with her at the clinic over the years. She is rude and unhelpful and condescending. I am going to start requesting any other doctor at the clinic than her.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

A very kindly and experienced dr. Compassionate. Happy with her.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Dr Engelbrecht is horrible . She has absolutely no patient care in mind when she sees patients .. I noticed someone thought she was awful with people that aren't Caucasian, that isn't true . She's rude obnoxious, unhelpful to anyone and everyone - no matter your colour .. she should not be working in a high volume walk in clinic if she can't hack the pace and has such horrible people skills . I'd rather go to a vet than see her .

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Very rude didn't look at me. Gave me the wrong medicine for seven years. Something that I don't need at all because of her wrong diagnosis.she left her office suddenly and left her patients with no family doctors. I will never ever go back to her office.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Very rude and dismissive. Refused to prescribe me a standard prescription because "she isn't my regular GP" I had already explained that I couldn't get into my regular GP and that's why I was at the walk in clinic. She said she "didn't care" and told me to wait until I could see my regular GP in THREE WEEKS. I've never had this problem before and have seen other Dr's at this walk in clinic with no trouble. She is just cashing a paycheck for doing no work. I am sure she submitted my appointment to MSP for herself to be paid in spite of the fact she wasted my time and was completely useless.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Rushed my appointment and did not even bother to hear me out properly. Maintained zero eye contact and rudely yelled at me for slightly flinching when she was taking a closer look at my ear which was in severe pain. Definitely apathetic and/or racist as she did not even care to acknowledge me and ended up prescribing me the wrong medication. Can't say I expected much from this walk-in appointment..would not recommend

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

For the time I waited and for the problem I had she showed little concern and literally prescribed the wrong medication. Comes across and unbelievably rude. I agree with one of the above posts that she may in fact be racist. Wasted my entire day. I could have gone to a more reputable clinic but this one is close and I was pressed for time.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Seems to be the blind doctor who doesn't look her patients in the eye. That's one of the first sign of someone who lies or isn't confident. Went in to have a lump on my stomach that has been growing over the past couple years and has become tender. All she said was to stop picking at in and it'll stop bothering you. *Clap clap clap*. Thanks for the concern, doc. I don't "pick" at it. I also asked her about some preventative measures for some other issues I described to her in detail and she said she can not give preventive measures as she doesn't know the problem. I just explained the problem... jeez. She went on to prescribe me medication for "the problem". You can prescribe medication for the unknown problem but you can't give preventive advice? I asked her to refer me to someone who can give me preventive advice... she refused. She got up in the middle of this to leave without acknowledging my status.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

As you can read from other comments below, this Dr. seems to favor the caucasian patients more than us, the non-whites. She seems to display NO care whatsoever as a Dr towards her patients or their feelings. I found her rude and inconsiderate. She wouldn't even write on the the dosage of the meds on the paper she gave us. She thought we should memorize her suggestions, I'm assuming. And when I ask her to write down the dosage, she turns around and calls me aggressive. unbelievable audacity and rudeness for a Dr. I would recommend anyone to stay away as far from her as possible. I also have doubts regarding her competency as a Dr.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I had anxiety issues stemming from a sexual assault a few years prior. Went to Dr. E as a new patient to follow up on some test results. Dr insisted that I was just being "vain" and that I was acting "crazy" and I "clearly needed to be medicated" (her words, not mine). She put me on Prozaak which actually made me crazy - when I went back to her and explained this, she got very defensive. I asked to discuss my test results (high testosterone levels and a cyst on my ovary along with a multitude of hormonal issues) and she didn't even realize she had test results in her folder. She was angry that the clinic would give me the results over the phone. She suggested that I find a new doctor and not return to her (reading the other comments, this is clearly what she does when a patient challenges her). I asked for a referral to a gynecologist who was horrified to hear about my experience here. Overall, worst experience with a doctor ever. Completely unacceptable in my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013