Ratings for Dr. G. Wright

Very nice and knowledgeable about my medication and side effects

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I saw Dr Wright after 7 years of having plugged ears and having the feeling of being constantly underwater. This would occur for a few months on and a few weeks off for years and the intensity could be mild or terrible. When it is bad it is terrible to deal with because all I hear is myself breathing like darth vadar. I explained the way it felt to him and he brushed it off and then checked my ear nose and throat and told me i was fine, that I had the hearing of a young child and nothing was wrong. Unfortunately by the time I actually got an appointment I was on a few weeks of not so bad symptoms. The information he told me about nasal sprays and ear tubes was not the most accurate. As a pharmacists I know much about nasal sprays and from the research I've done on ear tubes it seems to me (seeing as he is old as the hills) he is still touting medical information and facts from the past that has since been updated and changed. I will be getting a second opinion. He had no bedside manner and did not care what I've been struggling with for nearly a decade. He also did not wear gloves when sticking tools in my mouth and I'm sorry seeing as you touch people all day and are a doctor and I don't know where your hands have been that is disgusting. wear gloves dude.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Saw Dr Wright May 2 in Yorkton. Very professional and friendly. Answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I saw Dr. Wright when I was 14, I had been diagnosed with asthma as a child and experiencing chronic sinusitus. After he saw me and sent me for tests, including a sinus scope, he told me upfront of my father that I was faking how sick I was and that I should stop lying and wasting people's time. Three years later I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis by another doctor and have hardly ever been sick since. He was rude, disrespectful, entirely unsympathetic and put very little effort into making a diagnosis, he only looked at one small issue and not the larger picture of what the issue may be.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

I have seen him several times in Yorkton with Inner Ear Problems. He is a matter of fact kind of guy, not the greatest conversationalist but very knowledgable and experienced. He once told me that he did his Residency in Manhattan New York at some prestigious hospital. I went to see one of his former partners in Saskatoon as he only works part time in Yorkton now and doesn't practice in Saskatoon anymore. His former partner didn't have a clue and even called Dr Wright who was in Saskatoon at the time and he came to his old office and saw me. We are lucky that he comes to Yorkton even though he is a bit quiet and matter of fact, it saves me so much time.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Would not recommend him. Not very nice to his staff in front of patients.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Dr Wright saw me with out an appointment, He was very helpful in determining there was nothing wrong with me. I have been a patient of his since I was 6 and would go to him in a heart beat. He is always very curtious and well groomed. His knowledge helped my mom get her hearing back. Can't say enough A++++

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008

Have been a patient for over 10 years - he doesn't always have the best bedside manner but is a matter of fact kind of guy. His good diagnosis and referral to out of province treatment may have saved my life as I required specialized ear surgery.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

I would be dead if I had not gone to Edmonton when I did. He claimed he did not know what was wrong with me and that neither did any of the other dr's. When I ended up in the ER, the dr I saw knew exactly what was wrong (and the surgery I had to save my life) after just one look. Also got my surgical reports and he knew and just did not tell me but did rack up tax payers dollar by putting me into surgery for no reason a few times.

Submitted June 20, 2007

I will never go to this doctor ever again.He was so rough pushing my head around while trying to insert a scope down my nostril,I never have experienced so painful and uncomfortable and discusting procedure in all of my life.He compared me to a one year old,not impressed with is attitude at all.No bedside manner at all.This day and age there are enough freezings and drugs out there that ther is no reason for the patient to be that uncomfortable.I have experienced 8 surgerys before and many procedures but nothing like that.And never again..........

Submitted June 8, 2007