Ratings for Dr. Susan MacLaren

Dr. MacLaren is one of the most dedicated and thoughtful medical professionals that I have ever known. For the commenters who complain about wait times, I think that the bigger picture is lost. A thorough examination takes time as does the interview portion, and Dr MacLaren wants to ensure that she has not missed something. Any time I have had to wait, I realize that I have caused long waits myself with a longer than usual exam, or more than one concern. Health is holistic, so we often have to cover more than one concern to get a complete picture. I know that an appointment may take some time. Being prepared with a book and trying not to book an appointment during a busy time for myself has alleviated any stress of being there while Dr. MacLaren is running behind. I have heard so many friends tell of their Doctor who rushes them through or ignored symptoms or complaints. I am very thankful for Dr MacLaren and do not grudge anyone the care and effort that I receive.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I am a long time patient of Dr. MacLaren and know that I am well taken care of by her as is my family. She is an excellent Dr. Knows her stuff, is very thorough and follow through. She is amazing!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Wonderful doctor. I have been with her for over 30 years. She is very thorough, takes the time to answer extra questions I may have and asks lots of questions herself. Wait times vary -typically 15-20 minutes, though on occasion I have waited close to an hour.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I love Dr. Sue. I have been a patient of hers for about 30 years. She is smart, compassionate, covers all options for care. She is not a pill pusher. She understands my needs and my preferences and works with me to manage my health. Dr. Sue is a FABULOUS doctor. I am so grateful to her for her knowledge and care of me and my daughters over the years.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

Such a caring, thorough Doctor but patient appointments should be further apart or she shouldn't take on so many patients, I am always waiting a minimum of 2 hours after my scheduled appointment. She is wonderful but there has to be a solution. Receptionist is horrible. Extremely rude and unwelcoming. Doesn't seem to enjoy her job whatsoever.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Maclaren's since 1985. She is an amazing doctor who takes the time to listen and not push you into unnecessary medication.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. MacLaren is top notch! She has gotten better with her timing and the wait is not so long. She still gives her undivided attention to you and is very thorough. She is not a pill pusher and tries to get to the root of the problem before prescribing medication. My biggest complaint is that she decided to make it a womens only clinic and my son is getting terrible care from his current doctor.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr MacLaren is a very caring, compassionate and thorough doctor, the best as far as I am concerned. She has cared for myself and my family for over 28 years. Sometimes she is behind however this is because she cares about her patients and rushes no one out the door. Best Doctor in the city as far as I am concerned.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr MacLaren may listen to your problem but she listens to long. She has no consideration for your time and I wait often up to 2 hours. I have friends who call in to find out how far behind she is so they come in at a realistic time. Her last secretary has gone and she was wonderful. I can not say the same for her replacement. Rude and abrupt, not the kind of person you want on the front line when the doctor is going to irritate you with her tardiness. Helpfulness? I think it is a revolving door for see me in 6 months and order another blood test.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Dr. MacLaren is the most compassionate, caring and thorough doctor I have ever been too. She has cared for me and my daughter for over 28 years and wouldn't ever think of changing. Love Dr. Sue!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014