Ratings for Dr. James B. Cordell

Dr Cordell is extremely knowledgeable and responsive to concerns. He is patient, caring, and is willing to take time to explain medical concerns. I appreciate his quick follow through and thoroughness. A great doctor. Rita, his office assistant, is helpful and efficient.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

He is rude, and condescending as stated by the various other reviewers. He overcharged me after believing I had left without payment. I paid. It took weeks to resolve the issue which he handled very unprofessionally. He made blind accusations and made my entire experience at that office uncomfortable. Do not go here.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I never felt comfortable talking to this man. He just reeked judgment and condescension. In addition, he was rude, hostile, and there was a terrible office vibe. I hated it. The office staff is inconsistent. The whole place made me feel like i was in a mental hospital vs. a medical office. Run for your life. It's bi-polar city in this crazy place . A friend who was with me said upon leaving, "You do realize this doctor is anti-homosexual, don't you?" So, you are warned. Beware.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I won't repeat everything that other reviewers have already written, except to say that Dr. Cordell really is that bad. If you think Rush Limbaugh would make a great family doctor, then Jim Cordell is your man.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Cordell for over 16 years, I have found him to be extremely knowledgeable and always very professional. Dr. Cordell is one of the finest Doctors that I have met, he has always taken time to explain any issues that I have had, plus possible treatments. Dr. Cordell has always returned my call, which has meant a great deal to me, because I feel like a patient and not just a number with him. Dr. Cordell has been, and always will be, my Doctor. Even though I have different insurance now (VA), I would rather pay to have a true professional in the Medical field, especially one that I trust. I could not recommend Dr. Cordell highly enough for any looking for a Medical professional.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

I visited this Dr. two times. It was disappointing both times. On top of that his office is not punctual at all.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

The first visit was fine, except for the scoliosis diagnosis (no doctor before or since has even suggested that). After the second I felt he was a rapid cycling bipolar. He was abusive and almost ranting, a real Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde transformation. I submitted a written complaint to the health group. You can do better by randomly choosing a diagnosis and treating yourself.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Cordell is an arrogant jerk without an ounce of human compassion. I took my desperately ill father on a hellacious 5-hour road trip to see Cordell -- and he couldn't even be bothered to do a minimal examination. I had prepared a brief written summary of my dad's symptoms and their time of onset -- Cordell wouldn't read it. His behavior during the entire visit was nothing short of appalling. James Cordell is the worst sort of doctor -- an unfeeling idiot with delusions of grandeur. GO ANYWHERE ELSE - you could never find a worse doctor than Cordell. Contact me if you have any questions. Jane Zachary ourjane@live.com

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

This doctor is the absolute worse. During my first visit to him, he was extremely condescending and refused to answer any of my questions. He gave me a prescription for blood work and that was it. I came home and told my husband this guy was awful. He said to give him one more try. On my second visit, I requested to get a bone density test to check for signs of osteosporosis (sp>).He refused to refer me to the proper people for the test stating he didn't believe in them and that I should take tums with calcium. To top off his less than friendly personality and lack of communication skills, his doctor's jacket was filthy making me wonder if he ever washed it or his hands. The second visit was my last. This man does not have the right to call himself a doctor. He is rude and has zero compassion.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He claims to run a travel clinic, but did not know the correct dosing of doxycycline for malaria prophylaxis. I asked him about the dose and he was very rude.His dose was way different from the CDC website. also was not right about dosing for hepatitis A vaccine. I wouldn't recommend him rude, and didn't know his stuff

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

Dr. James B. Cordell's Credentials

• Chinese

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

HIP