Ratings for Dr. Richard Johnson

While I appreciate that he seems to do a thorough initial exam and looks at symptoms and treatment from a different point of view, which may provide insight into certain issues. I did notice that almost all the patients received similar treatments. Lots of supplements. As others have reported, he seemed to focus on hormones and thyroid. I started with treatments for both. Neither resulted in any improvement with my fatigue and muscle aches. He prescribed thyroid medication and continued to increase dose, ignoring or suggesting the blood work monitoring and specs. were incorrect. I started to experience tremors,, racing heart etc. to which he prescribed even more thyroid medication. Fortunately, I requested that my blood test results to be sent to a family doctor who immediately called, concerned with the thyroid results. I was advised me to stop the thyroid medication immediately and within a few days the effects of over medication stopped. I am so fortunate that I decided to send the results to another doctor who reacted so quickly. As other reviews of Dr Johnson have indicated, mistreatment and misdiagnosis of the thyroid is very dangerous. If you decide to go to him, use extreme caution and perhaps get a second opinion. By the way, no one from Dr Johnsons office ever followed up with me on the blood results or why I suddenly stopped coming in for regular “treatments”.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

He refuses to look at you or listen to you or answer questions. Instead, he looks down at his computer & types in data from numerous blood tests. He probably suffers from Aspbergers, but that doesn’t excuse him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I'm a female non-pill taker from way back, I tough everything out, even surgeries without pain killers but at 53, I met my match - hot flashes!!! Wow! (and not in a good way), and also, night sweats, low grade anxiety and depression (for no good reason because I am a happy, fit, healthy person otherwise) and apparently profound bone loss based on blood/urine tests. So, a few months ago after adopting every habit recommended to reduce flashes and with no success, I started low dose bio-identical hormones. I'd like to thank the founders and creators of them and Dr Johnson for prescribing them to me. I feel normal again. I always boasted that I'd never do hormones, but I have eaten my words, I'd even eat a hat to avoid the unbearable symptoms I was experiencing. At around 300 hot flashes/24 hrs for 3 months straight, I am beyond relieved that they've stopped and I'm sleeping, ahhhh.. There are very few doctors in Calgary qualified to prescribe bio-identical hormones, I appreciate that Dr Johnson does and further to that, he's a master at monitoring your health and doses. So ladies entering peri-menopause or in menopause and gentlemen entering antropause, Dr Johnson has the knowledge and ability to help you, a lot. I find the Dermatology Centre compounding pharmacy and Alzeen the compounding pharmacist to be terrifically helpful as well. Thanks Dr Johnson!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

I know one of his patients who is not very healthy due to over prescribing medications. A lot of his patients self-medicate... and the receptionist Cathy sleeps with the patients!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr. Johnson is the best. He is on a ball and has literally saved my life! Thank you Dr. Johnson!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Two of my friends who have been prescribed TOO Much thyroid medication from Dr Johnson - have had and are going to have thyroid surgery, due to misdiagnosed and mistreated thyroid concerns. I myself was also misdiagnosed, am off all of his thyroid prescriptions, hopefully my thyroid will return to normal.... your thyroid is very delicate and should be treated with great care not haphazardly.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Having absolutely NO personal skills earned through kindness, Dr Richard JOHNSON is a babaling fool who will not allow clients to speak about their health concerns because he is too busy ordering every possible blood and urine test he can conjure up ... Dr Johnson gives everyone thyroid medication which has harmed many of his patients His wife is a very nice lady who is terrified of Dr Johnson’s many dictator rules at his office The lady at the front desk is very rude and condescending ... Dr Johnson is known all over Cargary from every medical lab to every pharmacy And the stories told by professional peers are very disturbing at best ...

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Couldn't ask for a better Doctor. He cares for your health.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Both my wife and I have been a patient of Dr. Johnson since 2014, in that time he has been very accurate and brutally honest about the recommended treatment and advice. Some of you need hand holding or a unicorn ride in order to feel satisfied, I'm telling you what you need is to put on your adult pants and get with the program. Take a tour of a local nursing home and see if this is where you want to be in time, ignore your health and well being and it'll be too late. Cry about this or that, you're doing well as a result, listen and walk the talk.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

One strange Dr.Must have seen him 20 times in 13 years and he was great at the start but got progressively harder to understand/communicate with in the last 3 years.I don't go there anymore.And the receptionist must be his chick on the side cause they keep her around,she's very rude.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017