Ratings for Dr. Scott Rice

Dr Scott Rice has been my sons doctor since his premature birth in 2000 and I credit him for my sons health and wellbeing today, I don't think I could have done it without him, he went above and beyond to help me care for my baby and for that I will forever be grateful for I can't imagine any other doctor who would have done the same. Now, that my son, is 17, we will, sadly, be saying goodbye next year to this wonderful doctor and his outstanding staff. he is an amazing doctor that always knew the right thing to do when it came to my sons health and well being, he treated him, as I'm sure he treats all his little patients, with the same care and concern that a parent does, there was never a stupid question that I could ask, he always knew just the right thing to say and how to say it to where not only me, but my son, understood. We loved coming for our "well baby" visits the most, it was always an informative visit as Dr. Rice would discuss the changes in my child that occur as they get older, as to what to expect and such, we never left his office confused or uninformed, he really takes the time necessary to ensure the good health and safety of your little one.. I recommend this doctor wholeheartedly and we will miss him the same.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr Rice is awesome. It's truly evident that he loves his job. He has a way of saying things in just the right way to get you kid to really listen and understand him. He manages to discuss not just your physical health, but safety and emotional well being. How many people can say they enjoy their visit to the doctor? We truly do.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I work in the healthcare field and every one of my co workers recommended him. Once I had my daughter and ended up with a bout of post parting depression. He and his office took it seriously and made me feel like they truest cared. 2 yrs later I was on my second pregnancy with a complicated twin pregnancy. I will never forget the moment he took my hand and asked if he could say a prayer. We bowed our heads and he prayed for my family. I have never met another dictoe that truest cared so much. He is very conservative with his treatments, but I trust him with all 3 of my children and I will never leave his office. The office drive is far for me now, that's the only downfall, but I will drive 1 hr just so my kids can see him.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Practice and his attitude have gone way downhill. It seems that no matter what the issue they'll tell you it's probably a virus and there is nothing they can do.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

My daughter has been going to Dr Rice since 2008. There have been many changes in the practice over the years, including the departure of Dr Costello and changes in office staff. In addition, wait time has improved dramatically. While one or two of the office staff are not the friendliest, the nurses and Dr Rice are fantastic! Dr Rice's knowledge and bedside manner are amazing. There is no one I trust more. He has a very wholistic approach to medicine, he cares about the complete well being of the child. He is conservative on antibiotics and enforces the use of all vaccinations. I LOVE his approach and would absolutely make the same choice of pediatrician today. He is the best in the Valley!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr Rice is great.My kids love him. I really like how he ends the visit telling the parent they are doing a good job. Long wait in the exam room but he takes his time with the patient.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

This was the best decision I ever made to come to this practice. I can not even believe that there are negative comments..Some patient's are just impossible to please. They think they've been to medical school I guess. Compassion, brilliance..I could go on and on. Saved my childs life. Diaper rash?? PLEASE! Stop hogging up the office with trivial things.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Rice (and Costello) were unable to treat my infant for diaper rash. What pediatrician does not know how to properly treat for diaper rash?! He prescribed various creams and ointments that only made things worse. He did not take my concerns seriously. My infant had open and bleeding sores on her bottom. He joked that he could refer my child to a wound care center. "They would get a kick out of that." Dr. Rice was unable to recognize his limitations and lack of knowlege. He needed to refer my child to a dermatologist. I left his practice. If Dr. Rice and Costello were unable to treat diaper rash how on earth would they treat any other problems?! I would NOT recommend Dr. Rice to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

I do not believe anyone who rated this practice above a 1 for punctuality. I'd routinely wait over an hour (2x I wanted over 40 minutes once I got in the exam room) and my newborn would miss their nap & be starving. The practice says they support mom's, but once you get in there--they dismiss your thoughts. Dr. Rice is very knowledgable and friendly-as long as you agree with him. He frustrated me because he wasn't solving any of the issues we were having. He just kept telling me to come back in a few days. He wasn't a fit for us, but I do respect him. Another negative was the office location. It's in a dumpy area. I appreciate that it makes him accessible to lower income patients (He's philanthropic), but it's a hassle you don't need when you have a baby. (Elevators reek of smoke.)

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

Great Doctor, Front desk staff not as friendly and service minded as Dr. Rice and his nurses. However, Dr. Rice makes it worth the endurance of their rudeness. He is great, dedicated and the children love him

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

Dr. Scott Rice's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1991)