Ratings for Dr. Mahfuja I. Akanda

Dr Akanda is ALWAYS on time for her appts- I never wait longer than 10 mins for her once I am placed into the room. The nurses are very friendly and personable, but sometimes the front desk staff are short with patients. I have been very pleased with Akanda. Coming from a doctor that would blame more than help, I found that when I switched (based on a coworker's referral) to Akanda, she was neutral and helpful, though she is a bit of a reserved/introverted person. She never expressed blame or judgement and seemed to care about my well being without being over the top/disingenuous. She never rushes me, she answers all my questions, and she responds quickly to my emails online. I have also recommended 2 additional people to her who seem to like her a lot.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

She is one of the worst doctors in the area. I went to her for help with a closed head injury, and she asked me what should she do. She is the doctor and should know or have a good idea of who to send her patients to.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009