Ratings for Dr. Harold Stefanyk

Dr.Stefanyk's new receptionist is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Love Love Love her! What a wonderful experience it is now to book your apt to see your Dr with dignified privacy and genuine concern, to leaving the office feeling cared for and heard! Quite simply AMAZING!!! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟10 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

A good doctor who spends his time with you once you get in to see him. Expect a very long wait in the waiting room, which can be difficult when taking time off of work, but he doesn't rush and seems to genuinely care about his patients

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I have never known a better GP. Has been so good for our family. Jnowledgeable, helpful, honest, takes his time with you. You will probably not get in to see him at your appointed time, but it is well worth the wait. Absolutely the best

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

Dr. Stefanyk is an excellent DR. in my Opinion. He is extremely knowledgeable and a straight shooter who tells it like it is and gives you sound options as well as steering you in the right direction with his opinion. He is a Gem ands I am Lucky He took me on as a Patient on a side note the specialists he sent me to also hold him in high regard which is a big plus for him in getting things done in a timely fashion

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I would like to add to the comment submitted September 30, 2016 - I also work as an MOA in a specialists office and our job is a very demanding and stressful one whether it be family doctor or specialist. All family doctor's MOA's must ask what the patient is coming in for otherwise how would she know how much time to give that patient? Dr. Stefanyk's MOA has a lot of experience and knows her job inside-out. She actually gave a talk when I was at Cariboo College taking the MOA course. She does a great job for this doctor, and a little kindness goes a long way. Just be thankful that you have a family doctor and are not the 30 ,000 patients without one that wait in line-ups at walk-in clinics everyday and/or plug up our Emergency Room.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Perhaps these people who complain about the wait times and the MOA should sit in their seat and deal with these people who don't get what they want when they want it ! Do they realize that Dr. Stefanyk has so many patients and that they are not the only patients ....How does the MOA know how to book if she doesn't ask about their problem !Perhaps these complainers should complain to the Doctor about the MOA....maybe they would like to take her job and deal with all the complainers!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

The dr. Is great. The receptionist should be fired. I'm sure there are patients that have committed subsidize or died after speaking to her. I was unaware she had an md and had the athority to decide who was "sick" enough to see the dr. I also don't appreciate her loud boisterous voice asking the reason for making an appointment. None of your business lady. Until you have graduated Ned school your opinion means nothing.

Submitted September 19, 2016

I love Dr, Srefanyk and his ability to make you feel at ease and looked after 100% concerning your health issues. As for Sandy his receptionist, she is just doing her job when asking questions when you make an appointment. Not any different than when you go to emergency and the triage nurse ask questions about why you need to see a Doctor. I have the utmost respect for her having to do a difficult job and dealing with patients. I give both Dr. Stefanyk and Sandy his receptionist a 5....and higher! Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr Stefanyk gets the highest ratings possible! However Sandy NEEDS to retire. When you are sick enough to have to make an apt. You should be able to get in to see your Dr. And not be made to feel your concerns aren't serious enough for an apt. Instead Sandy asks WHY your needing to see your Dr and then proceeds to DECIDE if your concern warrants a Dr's visit and THEN tells you if there's an available opening or not. ( I'd really like to know what letters she has after her name that would qualify her to ask about our personal information so freely - and loudly I may add...I've been in the waiting room and I can hear everything about the patients calling in and their medical conditions... I'd like to know what medical training she's had that she feels she is able to triage Dr Stefanyk's patients herself and direct ones to the ER when they insist that they really need to see Dr Stefanyk ) I've been one of those who feel they've won the lottery when you finally get thru on the phone in the morning only to have Sandy tell me that there's no openings for the next three days... how does that work when they supposedly don't make future appointments? Then Ssndy makes a quick comment about being at the office right at 9 am and they can put me down for an apt that day, When I do that she is clearly put out because I can look over the counter and see the apt book myself and she can't tell me there's no room for me that day. (Or the next three days) Lol I Guess we gotta be at the office early to keep her honest! 😁 so I can't even rate the staff as even a 1 unfortunately. Punctuality isn't so much of an issue to me within reason of course because I know what it's like to need time to talk to your Dr. (That's what makes Harold so good is because he is willing to take the time to listen to his patients. ) Clearly what physicians need to do is hire a new receptionist every 5 years, have the old girl train the new one and work with her, training her for the next 5 years letting her now be the fresh positive face all the patients see and hear, and the old girl can do the paperwork etc and NOT deal with the public. Then when their 10 year term is almost done and the next 'new girl' is hired making the previous new girl the official old girl. .. then the 10 yr receptionist can be recycled and work at Starbucks where she can re-learn 'people skills' and take orders once again instead of giving them! It really isn't fair to sick patients to have to endure such psychological testing and judgement from a person hired for their receptionist skills, just to get an apt to see their Dr. Sandy is NO Dr, and I have never seen any letters behind her name qualifying her as anything else! Time for you to move on Sandy, your tired, let a fresh new face represent our fine Dr Stefanyk. It's a sad reality, but patients are tired of being triaged by 'the secretary, and are now ready to triage the 'secretary!' RETIRE SANDY! But FANTASTIC FANTASTIC DR STEFANYK! ( I gave "Staff) a 1 only because it wouldn't let me rate it as anything less)

Submitted April 14, 2016

Amazing Dr and fantastic staff. I couldn`t recommend Dr Stafanyk to enough people. Such a kind, caring and compassionate man.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015