Ratings for Dr. Elliott P Weiss

He is very odd. He seems to know his stuff and have great connections with other specialists. At my first visit he suggested I read a book. On my next visit I asked him if he thought I had that condition discussed in the book and said "If I didn't I wouldn't have recommended the book" but he wouldn't diagnose me as he said I needed to see a genetics specialist for which I had to ask for a referral. He then said "I've never referred someone to the genetics department. This could be fun." When the diagnosis was confirmed he was not willing to stand by it... very confusing bedside manners. After over a lifetime of dealing with pain and Dr's dismissing me I wish he would have been more pleasant and easier to communicate with. Sure it finally took him willing to direct me to a geneticist to get somewhere helpful. He did mentioned I was doing all the right and proactive things to manage my condition. He also referred me to another Dr who performed a life-changing surgery for me that I was on a waiting list with another Dr. Dr.Weiss served his purpose in my diagnosis and seeing the other Dr but I have now sought another specialist in his field to help me manage my condition. I am looking for a Dr with more heart after 38 years of being in pain and being treated as if I was crazy. I don't want to feel like I have to read between the lines and try to figure out what he wants to say. I'm done with dealing with coded messages. I want truth and honesty with a caring attitude. Is that too much to ask a Dr? I don't think so. His secretary is very nice and pleasant. I will miss her.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Weiss did more for me in10 minutes than a multitude of other doctors, most of whom are specialists, have done for me over my 30 years of MS and its various symptoms. If you want niceties, find a friend. If you want to properly tackle health issues, Dr. Weiss is amazing. His advice is to the point and brief so don't expect heartfelt and long discussions. He referred me to specialists whose recommendations are actually having profound results. Finally!!! I'm tired of the time, energy and money that it took for most of my previous Dr's to simply take out their prescription pads before considering other alternatives to my disease and its complications. I encourage you to look past interpersonal issues you might have with Dr. Weiss and focus on his medical recommendations - he knows his business and has connections to other very good specialists. Thumbs up, 5 stars. Dr. Weiss has pointed me in the direction of becoming healthy and pain free again and I am very grateful for every minute of his advice.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr. Weiss. He is an extremely blunt person, but not condescending in the slightest bit. He explained what I could do for the injury that I haven't done yet. He helped me to see things in a different way and provided me with the appropriate information to get better. I see a lot of people who say he judged them on their weight. He asked me what my weight it and my height, which is completely acceptable. A determining factor with injuries can be weight, and anyone who had issues with this question and found it demeaning may potentially have weight problems. Dr. Weiss is a great doctor and had great insite into my injury. He was behind schedule, but to me this meant he was spending longer with his patients.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Is he a specialist or voodoo doctor. He needs somebody to take care of him or look for some other job to do not to make fun of people who already safer from injury and pain. Very bad doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

On the plus side Dr. Weiss gave me the appropriate referrals, i.e. Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and a Home Safety Assessment. However he was NOT professional and was very DEMEANING! He asked me about my debts, and commented on choices I made in my adult life concerning career, income, and savings. When I advised the doctor that I was looking for part time work to supplement my low income he declared "Who would hire you?" I was pretty traumatized by this visit.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

FUGAZI ! Horrible on all accounts , sent me for one test , then casually dismissed me and said " I don't know what is wrong with you s but it if you find out let me know ) I wish I could say his is an isolated case , but a example of the worst end of the system . And we pay them for this . I've been recording my journey through the BC meducal system . Which had left me totally incapable of even bathing myself . My pain has made me completely useless , homeless and now trying to get on the list for assisted suicide which is now legal in Canada . I've been met with the same lack of professionalism as all BC government factions .

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Condescending, rude, unprofessional, does NOT follow up, is rude about other top specialists in Vancouver thoroughly awful doctor and really not a nice human being. My condition is getting worse every day and after 8 months of inaction from this ego maniac I am moving on

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I liked him. He was blunt but not condescending and interesting to talk to. Sent me to a demanding physio place that fixed me right up.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Elliot Weiss thinks he is TV's Dr. House, but he lacks the wit, genius, and curmudgeonly charm. When he isn't boring you with mind numbingly tedious stories of his home life he is belittling and shockingly crude. I told my Family Doctor some of the things he has said to me during our encounters and she was astounded to the point of apologizing, even though she wasn't the referring physician!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I went to see Dr. Weiss. He told me all about his whacky son who has GPS problems. That's why he is always late. Perhaps his son is pushing him in a baby carriage. This would certainly fit the description of time wasted. This Dr. is a wanna be doctor. Told me to get some tight laced boots and back to work. I had foot surgery shortly after my visit with this wanna be! Bad news!!!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015