Ratings for Dr. Elliott P Weiss

I had a great experience with Dr. Weiss. He is an extremely blunt person, but not condescending in the slightest bit. He explained what I could do for the injury that I haven't done yet. He helped me to see things in a different way and provided me with the appropriate information to get better. I see a lot of people who say he judged them on their weight. He asked me what my weight it and my height, which is completely acceptable. A determining factor with injuries can be weight, and anyone who had issues with this question and found it demeaning may potentially have weight problems. Dr. Weiss is a great doctor and had great insite into my injury. He was behind schedule, but to me this meant he was spending longer with his patients.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Is he a specialist or voodoo doctor. He needs somebody to take care of him or look for some other job to do not to make fun of people who already safer from injury and pain. Very bad doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

On the plus side Dr. Weiss gave me the appropriate referrals, i.e. Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and a Home Safety Assessment. However he was NOT professional and was very DEMEANING! He asked me about my debts, and commented on choices I made in my adult life concerning career, income, and savings. When I advised the doctor that I was looking for part time work to supplement my low income he declared "Who would hire you?" I was pretty traumatized by this visit.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

FUGAZI ! Horrible on all accounts , sent me for one test , then casually dismissed me and said " I don't know what is wrong with you s but it if you find out let me know ) I wish I could say his is an isolated case , but a example of the worst end of the system . And we pay them for this . I've been recording my journey through the BC meducal system . Which had left me totally incapable of even bathing myself . My pain has made me completely useless , homeless and now trying to get on the list for assisted suicide which is now legal in Canada . I've been met with the same lack of professionalism as all BC government factions .

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Condescending, rude, unprofessional, does NOT follow up, is rude about other top specialists in Vancouver thoroughly awful doctor and really not a nice human being. My condition is getting worse every day and after 8 months of inaction from this ego maniac I am moving on

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I liked him. He was blunt but not condescending and interesting to talk to. Sent me to a demanding physio place that fixed me right up.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Elliot Weiss thinks he is TV's Dr. House, but he lacks the wit, genius, and curmudgeonly charm. When he isn't boring you with mind numbingly tedious stories of his home life he is belittling and shockingly crude. I told my Family Doctor some of the things he has said to me during our encounters and she was astounded to the point of apologizing, even though she wasn't the referring physician!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I went to see Dr. Weiss. He told me all about his whacky son who has GPS problems. That's why he is always late. Perhaps his son is pushing him in a baby carriage. This would certainly fit the description of time wasted. This Dr. is a wanna be doctor. Told me to get some tight laced boots and back to work. I had foot surgery shortly after my visit with this wanna be! Bad news!!!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I have seen Dr. Weiss for almost 10 years and at the beginning of my nerve injury he was very helpful and trying to do a lot to help, and it more or less worked to get me better as the nerves regrew. But 2-3 years later the nerve pain and all the different sensations came back and I went to see him and he just kept giving me nerve medication that didn't work and worse of all had real bad side effects. I remember asking him for about alternative options for t3's as they were not working and asked about medical marijuana and he said he was against it because it was addictive and changed people into drug addicts, but then says I will prescribe you oxycodin. Then he wouldn't send me to get a nerve conduction study because "he knew the problem already" but every doctor I met said I needed the study. It was only after a argument that we had that he sent me and it turned out he was wrong the whole time. I lost 9 months of my life because he wouldn't send me to get a test that should have been done right at the beginning instead of 6 months after seeing him. He has a very big ego, he is very knowledgable but is also blunt like the other people have said. Main thing is that he is a dr Jekly and mr Hyde doctor, as one point he was helpful and trying to fix me and another time he said he couldn't help me after he didn't even try the basic nerve test.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

His receptionist at his other office is a crazy maker. She has hung up on me in the past I asked her to please hang on for one minute. Then responded by telling me that I had told her I would call her back. Why I would do this after playing phone tag for days is beyond me?? Then when leaving a msg at 'THE OFFICE OF DR ELLIOT WEISS" asking for a confirmation of apt time and not receiving a return call. I called the other number given and was told that it says on the msg to not leave a msg. I went and listened to it again, nowhere on this date does it say this anywhere. I did say the 2 number thing was confusing and I didn't quite understand it and the condescending response was that it was because it actually was his office too. I will not go to see Dr. Weiss anymore because I do not want to deal with the chaos nor the patronizing rudeness from his staff.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015