Ratings for Dr. James Stopforth

What a great doctor!! Like all other South African doctors, he has a great knowledge AND bedside manners, which is more than I can say of some of our own doctors.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011

Dr Stopforth has been my doctor for many years. First, it is important to know that his work in Africa is humanitarian volunteer work. We should all be proud that he a Chwk doctor is keeping desperately poor people alive. I can not support the low ratings given by sereral people recently (they sound similar-same person?) Every doctor who practices with Dr S is highly capable and most have treated me at one time or another. Dr. S has attracted a number of bright younger doctors to Chwk, improving the city's overall healthcare. As a 60+ active senior, he has kept me in excellent health despite a few medical problems. He always takes time to be sure everything is covered. The walk-in clinic below his office uses many of the same doctors as the office upstairs - they are all first class.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

Dr Stopforth used be a wonderful Doctor but since he now practices in South Africa its hard to get to see him.He told me his wife & family are now staying there. I think he only comes back to Canada to make enough money to fly back to S.A. again You are shuffled between many other doctors. He is now rushing out the door before you are finished talking to him. Its hard to find a new doctor & the drop in clinic below is office is so busy you wait hours

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

I found that I had to go over problems that i was having with him many times, the times I have gone to see see which is around 6-7 times he has been rushed. Trying to change doctors. Has been unhelpful with Diagnosing any problems.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2010

Started fine. His life was distracting so I found him that way didnt listen had to go to or three times to have him hear me. Had no doc for year he left,not work sharing with south africa. Cant dicide where he want to practice so I suffer. Been threw alot with no doctar and am changing now. Then I get a bill for $29.00 to leave. Cant believe it.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

Dr Stone is extremely knowledgable in the field of infectious diseases. She is also very thorough and will check you over head to toes. She works in a very challenging field and is successful in such. I have been her patient for about four years and I wouldn't change doctors. I highly recommend DR. Sarsh Stone.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

When I heard that Dr. Stopforth has moved back to South Africa I was very disappointed, however he does come to his Chilliwack practise once in awhile.Trying to get an appointment is another issue as it is very unclear when he is here.Sorry to see him go!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2009

Dr. Stopforth is a great doctor. He listens well, takes his time to explain and makes sure you understand, and never rushes you. I believe he genuinely cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

I have been lucky to live in 2 towns that Dr Stopforth has been my doctor, when I was a child and now as an adult. He is amasing and I almost fell off my chair when I heard he was going to be our family doctor again

flag | Submitted September 10, 2008

Could not ask for a better doctor!!Expertese and knowledge 100%. He also have a Christian believe system which is very helpful.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2008