Ratings for Dr. Meena R. Totlani

In office, Dr. Totlani and the staff were very friendly. Wait times were fine, ease of scheduling, and all of that surface stuff is fine. HOWEVER, when it comes to the money/insurance I really feel that this practice just SCAMS people. Six months after two travel vaccination visits and I am STILL having to deal with the repercussions of how little they care about their patients but care greatly about money. My husband received two travel vaccinations (Hep A and Typhoid) and ended up paying $320 out of pocket, collectively. We have a pre-paid medical card through our insurance we were unable to use because they only take cash or check. No problem. That shouldn't be a problem because we can be reimbursed. That has been nothing but a headache. Totlani and her office didn't file EITHER of the vaccinations with our insurance company. They won't reimburse us until they are filed. After speaking with our insurance we found out they were only supposed to charge $95.91 for one vaccination (Hep A) and $96.00 for the other (thyphoid). She overcharged us by $130.00! She did file the Hep A vaccination but only would pay us back the $95.91 because that was what our insurance paid her after she filed...however, she should have reimbursed us for the full $120 because she was only supposed to charge $95.91 anyway. Our insurance covers Hep A 100% but we are still out $24.09 on one vaccination. Fast forward six months....both myself and my insurance company has called to request the Typhoid vaccination so we can get reimbursed from our insurance. Totlani and staff HAVE YET TO SUBMIT THE CLAIM! She says she didn't file the claim for the typhoid because insurance doesn't cover it...well that may be true but we still need to get reimbursed. I think she didn't file the claims so she could charge more. Like I said....we are STILL out $144.09.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

This doctor only cares about getting paid!!!! She will not do a thing for you until you pay her the $125.00!!! and if you have finacial difficulty she could care less!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

The neighborhood was terrible and the doctor was rude. I was left feeling very ripped off and found better prices elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Dr. Totlani is the best! It's so hard in this day and age to find a doctor who really takes the time to not only talk about your current problem, but you over all health as well. Dr. Totlani does her best to help uninsured patients(and all of her patients, as well) get the best care possible. I have recommended her to several people and they have all agreed, once you go to her you have found your new family doctor.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

prof, curtious service. I would recomend this doctor to friends and family.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Great personal service. Does not do just the Standard Dr. stuff. Listens and understands!Quite office, No busy,load madness....Brett Marcus

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009