Ratings for Dr. A. Juvshik

Awesome Dr. Has been mine for about 20 years. Has always taken good care of me

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Great doctor! ! Happy to have him take care of myself and my children!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

One of the best Doctors in the City. Consistent service and diagnosis.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Juvshik is sometimes very quiet, and you may feel like he doesn't care, but I can guarantee you that if you go to him and correctly explain your symptoms then he will make sure you have been looked after. He has been my doctor since I came to Thunder Bay almost 14 years ago as an elementary student. I have been frustrated with him yes, but I now see that just because he didn't say what I expected or give me the meds I thought were best doesn't mean he doesn't care; he is quiet because he is one of the few doctors who actually care about the meds he's giving to you. Dr. Juvshik has never dropped me as a patient after many missed appointments and requests for narcotics after becoming addicted to pain killers(not his doing it was hospital doctors). Looking back on it now I know his refusal to help in certain ways I wanted, not needed was his way of protecting me from any further damage. Although I suffered from this ailment he never once refused to see me, never once questioned me. If he is asking you questions you may not like then I assume you are there for the wrong reasons. A doctor who doesn't push for answers is not a doctor I would trust. It is not his responsibility to take care of you it's yours. I think a lot of you need to realize the times we are in. The shortage of doctors. The pressure he is under. He not only works his own practice but ALSO works at a walk in clinic at night(he doesn't need the money). He is doing it for all of you! So time to appreciate what you have. If he is your family doctor and you don't like him then go find another because people who could really use the help are without doctors. He always explains himself if you ask. It's your health. He cannot read your mind he is only human. If you are worried about something then tell him. By far one of the most knowledgable MDs I've dealt with through my health issues.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

At Shopper's walk-in clinic. Astute, asked the right questions, treated me appropriately. Based on one meeting, I would see him again and recommend him to others. For the negative commentators here, understand that MDs are under enormous pressure. My advice for what it's worth: help yourself by rehearsing what your symptoms are and listen carefully to his responses. Comparisons to sit-com characters? Turn that around on yourself and your own behaviour: are you a good patient? Just sayin'.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

He reminds me of the Seinfeld soup nasty. He was Mostly arrogant and I would never recommend him to anyone. He was condescending, and sure he isn't warm and fuzzy but could he at least be more Dr. Hyde than Dr. Jekyll.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I feel most people don't appreciate the care they are getting. I've been a patient of his for years and never once have I had a problem. he isn't warm and fuzzy all the time? who is. he's helped with all that I need helped with and makes sure I get what I need in order to become healthy. that's their main concern. not if they don't come off as the happiest person in the world, their concern is making you healthy and he has done that job very well for me.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

This guy is a clown. Horribly shoddy communication skills. Doesnt clarify anything, or explain anything. He walked into the room, no introduction (could have been the janitor for all I know), rudely brisk, handed me a prescription, explained nothing, then pretty much ran out the door. I would rather suffer with an affliction than deal with this disturbing man again. Got sociopathic vibes for sure. I implore you to avoid him.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

When you go to see a Doctor, you should be prepared and get to the point about what your issue is. They are extremely busy and have a lot on their minds. If he doesn't say much, it's because he is thinking and making the best decisions that he can for you. You dont know what he has been through that day, maybe he had to tell someone that they are dying or tell a parent that their child is dy. Maybe some ignorant person was rude to him. We should appreciate the excellent care available in this City and stop being such wimps and not let a serious person's personality "Hurt our Feelings". Have some respect! If I was a doctor, I know I would get sick and tired of people who obviously don't make any effort to look after themselves coming to me to treat their problems.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Went to see him at the walk in because I had something I needed to get checked right away and couldn't wait to see family doctor. Honestly wish I went somewhere else... He was really rude and when I tried explaining a medical issue that was recurring he argued with me and wouldn't try to understand what I was saying. When I asked him for some advice about the medical issue he basically told me to leave and go see my family doctor and walked out the door. Made me really uncomfortable because I was just trying to ask for help.. Which doctors are supposed to do (whether your my family doctor or not)

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015