Ratings for Dr. A. Juvshik

All this unwarranted criticism! We're in our 60s and Dr. Juvshik has been our doctor since (his) Day 1. He's diagnosed all of our physical ailments promptly and accurately, which we expect. He's shown compassion when we've dealt with mental/emotional issues, which we appreciate. We also appreciate that he is not a "pill pusher". Yes, he's occasionally been short with us when we expect 20 minutes during a 10 minute appointment. Go figure... These two run an effective and efficient practice. Don't let the ingrates get you down Dr. Juvshik.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

he reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy suxs.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr. Juvshik has got to be the worst doctor in all of Thunder Bay. He is rude, condescending, insensitive, unprofessional and seems to have 0 clue about medicine. Every time I've ever gone to his office, I've left unsatisfied and never wanting to come back. Most times I've been there, he seems to be rushing me out the door to get to his next patient. When I was younger, he got mad at my mother for bringing me in for an issue wish he deemed insignificant, and he ridiculed her and called her a paranoid mom. This, I realized as I got older, was an awful thing to do to a patient : make them feel like their concerns are not even worthy of being taken seriously. After doing extensive research on a skin disease that I thought I might have, I went to visit Dr. Juvshik to find out if that's what I actually had. When he found out that I had done research of my own, he ridiculed me and was frustrated by the fact that I had done that (even though it turns out the internet was right about what I had). Now I know that doctors don't know everything, but when I had asked him a question about said skin irritation, he gave me an answer that seemed kind of off. When I searched online, I found out that he had given me false information about my skin condition. Overall he was a crappy doctor and I hated going to his moth-ball smelling office and having to deal with his abrasive and rude secretary/wife. I do not recommend this doctor whatsoever. To sum up : Dr. Juvshik = poor bedside manners, little medical knowledge, not helpful at all, rude, arrogant, condescending and stubborn (when it comes to getting referrals and such). I'm glad I finally switched to someone who actually treats the patient right way.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Awesome Dr. Has been mine for about 20 years. Has always taken good care of me

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Great doctor! ! Happy to have him take care of myself and my children!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

One of the best Doctors in the City. Consistent service and diagnosis.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Juvshik is sometimes very quiet, and you may feel like he doesn't care, but I can guarantee you that if you go to him and correctly explain your symptoms then he will make sure you have been looked after. He has been my doctor since I came to Thunder Bay almost 14 years ago as an elementary student. I have been frustrated with him yes, but I now see that just because he didn't say what I expected or give me the meds I thought were best doesn't mean he doesn't care; he is quiet because he is one of the few doctors who actually care about the meds he's giving to you. Dr. Juvshik has never dropped me as a patient after many missed appointments and requests for narcotics after becoming addicted to pain killers(not his doing it was hospital doctors). Looking back on it now I know his refusal to help in certain ways I wanted, not needed was his way of protecting me from any further damage. Although I suffered from this ailment he never once refused to see me, never once questioned me. If he is asking you questions you may not like then I assume you are there for the wrong reasons. A doctor who doesn't push for answers is not a doctor I would trust. It is not his responsibility to take care of you it's yours. I think a lot of you need to realize the times we are in. The shortage of doctors. The pressure he is under. He not only works his own practice but ALSO works at a walk in clinic at night(he doesn't need the money). He is doing it for all of you! So time to appreciate what you have. If he is your family doctor and you don't like him then go find another because people who could really use the help are without doctors. He always explains himself if you ask. It's your health. He cannot read your mind he is only human. If you are worried about something then tell him. By far one of the most knowledgable MDs I've dealt with through my health issues.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

At Shopper's walk-in clinic. Astute, asked the right questions, treated me appropriately. Based on one meeting, I would see him again and recommend him to others. For the negative commentators here, understand that MDs are under enormous pressure. My advice for what it's worth: help yourself by rehearsing what your symptoms are and listen carefully to his responses. Comparisons to sit-com characters? Turn that around on yourself and your own behaviour: are you a good patient? Just sayin'.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

He reminds me of the Seinfeld soup nasty. He was Mostly arrogant and I would never recommend him to anyone. He was condescending, and sure he isn't warm and fuzzy but could he at least be more Dr. Hyde than Dr. Jekyll.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I feel most people don't appreciate the care they are getting. I've been a patient of his for years and never once have I had a problem. he isn't warm and fuzzy all the time? who is. he's helped with all that I need helped with and makes sure I get what I need in order to become healthy. that's their main concern. not if they don't come off as the happiest person in the world, their concern is making you healthy and he has done that job very well for me.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016