Ratings for Dr. Susan George

Moved from Cambridge almost 5 years ago and left Dr. George's practice. I miss her and her quiet efficiency and her sense of humour. She is an effective listener. And, she will send you to a specialist upon request and if she is wanting further research on a situation. I did not find the wait periods long at all; while waiting, I always had interesting conversation with Kathy.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Welcomes you with "What am I doing?" Horrendous wait times, receptionists hit or miss. Pretty much just refers you to specialists now. Does have her moments though. Has an after-hours clinic (except Friday nights), but if you miss out and go to another walk-in clinic you can be kicked out of her practice. More often than not you end up having your after-hours issues treated at the ER. Doesn't do physicals during the summer. No hours Friday afternoons.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I had my appointment cancelled with less than a days notice. The British sounding receptionist is HORRIBLE! I am waiting in the waiting room for Dr George right now. She has picked up 2 calls on her personal mobile and put 2 calls from the office on hold while she spoke about desserts. Someone else called afterwards saying there was too long of a wait and this horrible receptionist suggested she find another family doctor and if she did it would cost $100 to move the file. Where did she find these people????? Dr George is also taking 7 weeks off! How nice to put her patients out once again

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

First of all, the doctor will only do physicals on Mondays, so if your schedule is not flexible she won't see you. I've had my appointment cancelled 2 times in a row with only a days notice. I work in Toronto so I have to take a day off work only to end up with no appointment. I don't think its realistic for me to miss anotjer day of work for a maybe appointment.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I have been going to dr George since I was a child. As a GP was is pretty good and if she's unsure of something she will send you to a specialist without any hesitation. Her new receptionist however....TERRIBLE!!! She is rude, totally unorganized, and knows she has the power to allow you to see the doctor. Oh how I miss Kathy and Natasha. I have booked appointments months in advance only to have it cancelled a few hours before but no explanation as to why. How can this be? We take time off of work for these appointments...and she doesn't even apologize. Dr George you really need to get a new receptionist

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

She has been my Dr since birth. I have a great relationship with her and I like to continue to go to her. Cathy and Tasha that worked as her receptionists were amazing. Her new one is rude, short, not a people person and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Susan George is good but her staff is terrible, No manners at all. Please kick her out...

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

ALWAYS late! But, without fail, she does spend an extensive amount of time asking about my wellbeing, which is better than nothing. I like that I can still call and get an appointment and a live receptionist, not a voicemail directing me to possible care! She has always been great with referring to specialists when she isn't sure or when asked. Beggers can't be choosers. I have a family doctor in a busy city where a lot of people don't.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

Dr. George is a good doctor. She did refer me to specialists on a couple of occasions without being asked so I am surprised others said they had to insist on being referred.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

She has been my doctor since birth... She is amazing. I like her hard shell it makes it rewarding to get her smiling. I like the challenge.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011