Ratings for Dr. Michael Britton-Foster

We are very happy to have him as our family doctor. When we have a complaint he does what's needed i.e. tests or referrals.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

No manners, does not follow up, very forgetful. On my last visit (6 mos. after the previous one), I had to be interviewed by a student first, after 1/2 hr. I was finally taken into his office. I was intimidated by both him and the student. He was suppose to make an appt. for me for an MRI on my previous visit, which he never did do. When I asked about it, he laughed saying an MRI was only for someone being operated on, not for him to see where the problem was.... needless to say, I am looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Was my father's doctor. For years my dad had a knowledgable,caring doctor. To the last day of my dad's life I am grateful for Dr Britton-Foster.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Ended up getting him as a family doctor after mime left,he seems ok but that's not why he's being rated so low.The reason why he's being rated so low is when my mother was having medical issues she had went to the ER and be was on call,it was a long weekend and he ended up sending her home without doing much of an exam but did make a comment about her being there on a long weekend,not a week later she had passed away,not saying it's his fault but am saying he sure didn't help any either..either way only contact I have with him is prescription refills,I'll use the ER when I'm sick,wait maybe not.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

He is in Elliot Lake for a reason. Lifestyle is his first priority. Being a doctor?....ya alright I think I have time today!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

great doctor!! The best in town...hope he has no plans on retirement as of yet.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr Britton Foster is my aging parents dr. When she was diagnosed with stomach cancer he was fantastic. He was forthright with us but in a calm and compassionate way. He helped us give her the best care at home, and he did everything he could to treat her with dignity and control her pain. He was never unavailable. My dad switched to him and my dad is thrilled with his care. My dad's medical conditions are varied and complicated and since I am 8 hrs away I am relieved to know he is there for him

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Saw Dr. Britten Foster a couple of weeks ago. Asked me what I needed in RX's, then said I was not important and left to treat some else. When he finally returned it was rush. Make it quick, couldn't wait to get me out the door. Wish he was more caring.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013

Forgetful, Does not follow up on a problem, Does not follow up on referrals to specialists.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

I had to deal with him in emerg when i was pregnant with my son. i sat in the emerg exam room for over 3 hours waiting for a pregnancy test to come back. I had to pee so i stepped out and theres the doctor with his feet on the desk talking to someone about his fishing trip! he looked at me and told me hed be there shortly. after returning to the exam room i waited close to an hr for him to FINALLY come. he walked in looked up said ok your test is positive no smoking no drinking make an appointment with your family doctor have a nice day and walked out!some sensitivity would have helped. when i seen him in emerg again. my family dr had been following me due to complications it was a weekend.. he came to the conclusion that he didnt believe it was ever a viable pregnancy and i should go home and let nature take its course! .... thats it no well we could do a d&c or some compassion in his words just left it at that again i was alone when he told me this. HORRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012