Ratings for Dr. Peter Mcphedran

One of the best!!! he delivered my daughter 27 years ago and I thank god for him as she quit breathing, he was not long getting the help he needed from another and saving her life. I have moved and will miss him. I always had faith in him

flag | Submitted June 17, 2012

Peter has been our family doctore for 23 years and has never once let us down. Delivered my son in Fergus and has treated the whole family with compassion and diligence all through that time. My only fear is that he will retire before I expire . Thanks Peter

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Goes out of his way to make sure we get the best medical help - very thorough and we feel he has concern for us as patients.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Dr McPhedran is a great doctor, I have dealt with many others and trust me, anyone saying anything super negative should go doctor shopping...and see that they had one of the most committed. He might say things that you don't like to hear some times but the fact is it does not make him a bad doctor it means that maybe we are causing our own problems sometimes maybe we should clean up our lifestyle (i.e. smoking, eating, etc...) before we continually come crying to doctor and ER for our problems...I agree with him...i think a doctor that has the guts to tell people too shape up is a good one...we need more drs to be proactive like this...he does it for your best interest! And yes doctors are human ..they make a mistakes sometimes or don't know all the answers because of this...don't we all?! For those that don't like him leave because there are more waiting to have him!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

He has been my Doctor for 20 years. He has helped me through some difficult emotional/mental times. The only negative thing that I can say is the waiting period to see him but that could also be due to his committment to his patients.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Peter McPhedran has been my doctor for 20 years and I would not change for anything. He has assisted me through many surgeries and illness. He does not push medication on you, he is always willing to try alternatives first when possible.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

As a family doctor, Dr. McPhedran in my opinion is not only a doctor by title but genuinely cares about his patients. He delived two of my children. Two days before I delivered my second child, I was admitted into the hospital thinking I was in labour. After a already busy day at the office, he came to the hospital to see how I was doing and imagine my surprise when he discovered that my apendix were close to rupturing and that I was not in labour at all. I often thank God for him. He saved not only me but my unborn child.Thank God for caring doctors like him

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

Dr. McPhedran delivered me and has been my doctor all along. Knowing my medical history he knows what to be weary of (i have bad lungs). Although he does have trouble listening to your complaints. Usually he stears away from perscriptions, hopes things will clear up by themselves. Which at times is good, but if your suffering, please some relief is helpful. WARNING WOMEN: I did have Dr. McPhedren perform my physicals. Though he got the job done i think he was uncomfortable with it. Not thorough enough for my liking. didn't ask questions about overall health. there is a female nurse practioner at the same office who is WONDERFUL for this so i would suggest her. i doubt Peter is accepting clients. He has a good history in the region and a massive client list. All in all, i wouldn't change doctors ever if i had the choice.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

While living in Elora we had the privilege of having Dr. McPhedran for our family doctor for 20 years. He was a very gentle, understanding, kind Doctor. Our mistake was leaving him when we moved to another city 2 hours away and went 8 years without a family physician. We miss Dr. McPhedran and wish him all the best. Count yourself lucky if you have this man as your Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2008

This doctor has no personality and is rude and condescending. I went in with severe cold symptoms. He told me to go home because I was just like the rest of Canada and had a little cold. I was taken by ambulance the next day with pneumonia. I do no go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to because this doctor nickel and dimes you for everything even copies of things or letters. A walk in clinic or no doctor is much better than this one. Steer clear of this one.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008