Ratings for Dr. Sheeja Mathai

Dr. Sheeja Mathai is an amazing family doctor. I am very happy to be her patient.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2019

She is an excellent doctor. She always care about her patients and spends enough time to listen patients problem , and explains very precisely to the patients.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

Sheeja Mathai is very thorough in her examination and observations and reaches the correct diagnosis. She spends sufficient time and pay attention to all complaints. She is the type of Doctor everyone would like to have

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

This doctor is very unethical. I went to her because I was experiencing a lot of pain but developed prior addictions to pain pills in the past. I explained this and asked if I can get a prescription for CBD instead (which is completely NON-PSYCHOACTIVE) and she said she is not comfortable with that. She would rather give me high toxicity pain pills with addictive potential than CBD for pain which has zero side effects and promotes health and well-being. Thank goodness cannabis and cannabis related products are getting legalized in July, because this lady was totally on the wrong side of history when it counted. She made it sound like I was asking her for marijuana. It's non-psychoactive CBD, do your research before you give into common misconceptions. It's like you're supposed to be a doctor, being knowledgeable about taboos and the pain/healing potential of these things is your job.

Submitted May 17, 2018

I am extremely glad I found this doctor. She changed my perception of doctors in a such positive way. She never rushes through the appointments. She always makes sure that everything we talked about covered and taken care of. She is very serious about what she does. She gave me at least two very important life changing medical recommendations. My son and I will stay with her as long as she works here. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Great doctor; takes her time, thorough, cares about patients. Has to be one of the best in the city!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Respectful and good listener; explains what is going on in a way which is understandable; appreciate the fact she is respectful of my time which is definitely out the ordinary.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

We recently moved to Steeles Ave west and urgently in need of family physician. We are glad that we got Dr. Sheeja Mathai as our family physician. She is extremely knowledgeable and very professional. I will highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

July 15, 16 She is an awesome dr, not like other drs where they are paying more attn to their watches then looking at your face and making eye contact, I just love her she is so attentive and caring, great listener, she is a good dr and totally knowledgeable, hope she will always be there for us and God bless you Dr. Mathai, maddie :)

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Mathai is very thorough and meticulous. She doesn't jump to conclusions like my old doctors. She actually takes the time to diagnose you and includes you in her thoughts. She's super patient; she never seems like she's in a hurry like most doctors. I felt comfortable telling her my health concerns and was very helpful when I was seeking for advice! Finally found a family doctor that is nearby and doesn't have a horrendous wait time-yay!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016