Ratings for Dr. Chandi Chandrasena

I am a nurse that works in an intensive care unit- I am very picky when it comes to medical professionals as I work w the best. Dr. Chandi has been my family doctor for the last 10 years and I can't stress enough how great of a family practitioner she is. She is dedicated to her patients and listens. She doesn't minimize any complaints and is very thorough and proficient in examinations. I am forever grateful to have found Dr. Chandi!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Chandrasena's since I was a child, She is the most compassionate, thoughtful and thorough doctor you could hope to have. She has gone above and beyond numerous times for myself and my dad who is now also a patient of her's. She always takes the time to listen to my health concern's even though i have many. I feel so lucky to have a great family doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Amazing family doctor, great knowledge/ helpfulness, awesome staff. Sometimes late, but worth the wait.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I feel so incredibly blessed to have found Dr Chandrasena just as I began my family. She is wonderful, kind, considerate. She never makes you feel rushed or that your questions are silly. She always asks after the kids or how you are and makes sure you feel like all your questions are answered before she finishes the appointment. The staff is wonderful as well.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I love our Doctor. She is kind and knowledgeable and my wife and I look forward to her treating us for many, many, more years. Without a doubt she is the best Doctor we have ever had. The only downside is that the practice is VERY busy. It is often difficult to get through as the lines are always busy and you are always asked to hold for sometimes a very long time. I wish they would invest in a third person up front for phones and dealing with check ins.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I have been lucky enough to have Dr. Chandrasena as my doctor since she first started her practice in 2004. She is also the doctor of my husband and two kids. She is knowledgeable and kind, and we feel very fortunate to have her as our family doctor. My daughter was recently sick and home from school for three days, but was refusing to go see Dr. Chandrasena to get checked out, as she was very scared of the test she would probably have to have. After I conceded defeat and called to cancel the appointment, I received a phone call from the office, and it was Dr. Chandrasena. She wanted to make sure that I was ok and she also wanted to talk to my daughter. After just two minutes on the phone with her, my daughter got dressed and we were at the office 15 minutes later. Miracle! Dr. Chandrasena started the visit off with a good talk with my daughter about facing things that scared her. She then examined her, doing everything that she could to avoid doing the test. When it was determined that the test was necessary, she involved my daughter in every step. She knew how scared she was, so she went out of her way to keep her completely engaged. This helped my daughter feel like she had some control and was a highlight for her, for sure (it was the big story at dinner that night). I was so grateful for all that Dr. Chandrasena did for us that day - it was so above and beyond what she needed to do. She was empathetic and willing to take the time to ensure that her little patient was as comfortable and empowered as she could be. Thank you Chandi!!! You are so appreciated!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Chandi since 2004. She is excellent! Caring, thorough, always supportive and interested in understanding concerns and issues. She is now our family doctor and takes excellent care of my two young sons and husband as well. I highly recommend her. Her staff is also fantastic at 535 medicine famille, especially her nurse Annie. We are lucky enough to get same day short notice appointments for our boys when they or we are sick and need to get in right away. Excellent care.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Chandrasena is the best GP I ever had. She is patient , caring and she actually remembers me as one of her patient, which is a first. She was instrumental in diagnosing a very rare neuromuscular disease that had a major impact in my life. All other doctors that I seen in the past 40 years were unable to do so. I am glad that she is a young doctor, I hope to be a patient of her for a long time.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Dr. Chandi Chandrasena and her staff are just amazing! The all do an outstanding JOB! Guzman Family

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

We were very lucky when we moved to Ottawa from Halifax to get this Doctor. She is everything you would even want in a family physician. Patient, kind, a good listener and an excellent Doctor at diagnosing a problem. Her staff are always pleasant and very helpful and speak English and French equally well. Dr. Chandraseena is one of the best Doctors I have come across in many years and hope I never lose her.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012