Ratings for Dr. Stacey Blyth

This doctor is not good. She currently practices in High Point NC. She possesses a ton of book sense and communicates quite well. Her demeanor suggests compassion & interest. But she lacks any focus or common sense toward diagnosis, testing and referral of issues. Most of my meetings with her were largely lectures on smoking and statins. I had a number of concerns with the quality of Dr. Blyth's care while under it. But I will relate here just one serious shortcoming. I reported to her three times over nine months (seeing her every ninety days) a certain symptom. I would bring it up in office visits, but the conversation always seem to veer off the topic. Though EYE would suggest what I thought it might mean, I never once heard HER suggest what SHE thought it might mean. I even mentioned it in a fax I sent her once. (Over my time using this clinic I discovered most all faxes are basically ignored, filed away by staff and forgotten, zero follow-through.) Eventually I quit her (in good part over this issue) and found a new primary doctor. During our first meeting, I reported the same symptom to him. He did a test in his office -- while I was still there. He gave me the results -- while I was still there. He confirmed there was a clear issue. He set up a referral to a specialist, to be seen in short order -- while I was there. The specialist scheduled testing, over two afternoons. I needed a certain surgery. Actually the surgery required two separate visits on the table, two weeks apart, largely due to the underlying issue having been neglected for so long. Now, of course, the whole situation is resolved. Meanwhile Dr. Blyth, as I said, didn't have a clue -- not a follow up on the topic in our discussions, no suggestion of what the symptom might mean, no attempt to find out, no conducting or scheduling of a test, no referral of any kind. So, of course, I suggest you steer clear.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Dr. Blyth is the best pediatrician in the world. She takes her time with every patient and she is so knowledgeable. I'm so sad that she moved from Tarboro to greensboro. She was like family.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011

Dr. Stacey Blyth's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

HIP