Ratings for Dr. Scott D. Muir

Excellent doctor but too many patients. Hard to focus.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I recently found out I had a miscarriage, adding that I'm only 16 years old. I was heartbroken, as so would be anyone. He came in promptly told me that I has lost my baby. He wasn't helping through it at all. He then asked me if I was trying to have a child, I told him that I didn't plan on having one this young, but I accept it & I knew I could do it. He then stated that I was only 16, & didn't plan the pregnancy so it doesn't matter if thus happened. He was so disrespectful, cocky, & careless. He didn't seem to care how I felt after he said that at all. He is a terrible doctor in my opinion. I don't recommend anyone going to him. I found another doctor & doing some tests on why I miscarried.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Dr. Muir has been my doctor through infertility, through pregnancy losses, and through my current pregnancy. He is knowledgeable and intelligent; he keeps up with current research and sticks with tried and true practices, as well. He is also incredibly personable and easy-going, and his bedside manner is impeccable. He may seem in a rush, but any time that I have had questions, he has stopped and taken the time to answer every one of them. He came highly recommended to me by a friend and I recommend him highly in turn.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2008

1st visit was ok.2nd visit was to discuss test results.While sitting in exam room waiting,a patient in the next room was being examined.Her name was Tina and she was 12 weeks pregnant.She was concerned about eating processed foods,etc. Her babies heart beat sounded beautiful! Doc told her to drink plenty of fluids and take the vitimins.How do I know all of this?I heard it loud as day from the room that I sat waiting in. Finally my turn.Blood work had come back bad.Without giving my whole med. history here, Doctor decided that I was an alcoholic.With my Husband sitting at my side trying to help me convince this man that I am not...he insinuated over and over again that I was also a liar.I left his office in tears.I have found another doctor and the problem with blood work is serious but is/will be taken care of.This Doctor needs to stick to Gynecology(maybe) and keep his mouth shut when something is out of his field.He also needs to learn how to listen to patients.AND SOUND PROOF ROOMS!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

First rate doctor. Always willing to listen and discuss anything. I always feel at ease with him. His staff is just as friendly and helpful. They always call you back with an answer if they are unable to help you right when you call. Higly, highly recommended!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2006

First male gyno doctor I've ever used; very comfortable and caring personality; knows what he's doing; takes no chances in giving the best care possible; Highly Recommended!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2005

Dr. Scott D. Muir's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1989)

AARP