Ratings for Dr. Alan C. Pollak

Wish I had read these reviews about this hack of a Doctor, please see my Yelp review and steer clear of Alan Pollak. For all who have had issues, please address them on his Yelp site! http://www.yelp.com/biz/alan-c-pollak-md-skokie

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

I wasted four months with Dr. Pollack and his rude staff. They were unprofessional and frustrating. they canceled a scheduled surgery three days before because they could not figure out the insurance and still couldn't after four weeks. It was a lucky break for me I now realize as I got the issue taken care of within a week with the competent doctor I went to after Dr. Pollack.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

highly recommend Dr. Alan Pollak for sinus and nasal concerns and surgery. I had my broken nose reset by Dr. Pollak just a few weeks ago and I am so pleased. Not only am I pleased with the results, but with the entire procedure. My surgery was on time, and I had no side effects, bruising, or bleeding. Dr. Pollak was available to answer any questions I had after the surgery and got back to me promptly. His bedside manner was great, and he explained everything to me thoroughly. I also see him for sinus issues and will be scheduling that surgery soon. I had been to other doctors regarding my sinuses in the past, but I feel most comfortable with Dr. Pollak and feel at ease knowing he will do the sinus surgery.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Rude, terrible service, unhelpful, unprofessional. Rush from patient to patient. Does not give any advice and treatment. He does have to be a doctor because after visit to him you are feeling more pain than before.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

Met dr under infection circumstances. Rushed me into a tonsillectomy(however necessary, still rushed without any explanation of what to expect). Once the procedure was complete, his office wanted nothing to do with me. When I requested a follow up appointment because I was concerned I had an infection from surgery, I was denied saying it was "normal". Requested medical leave forms to be completed for my employer, the receptionist LOST the forms containing my SSN! When I confronted regarding this, I was met with more hostility. They REFUSED to fax my forms, I was forced to pick them up. When I was met, the receptionist was abrasive and huffed about my presence. I would NEVER see this doctor EVER again. RUN, run far, there are plenty of kind, compassionate doctors that will explain what is going on, make appropriate follow ups and not LOSE your sensitive information. Dr. Alan Pollak is NOT one of those doctors.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

I found Dr. Pollak to be an excellent physician. He is kind and compassionate and i would highly recommend

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

Rushed, unclean, rude, overbooked, impatient, and scattered. He is abrasive, his offices are a mess, and he does not listen to patients. Highly suggest finding another doctor

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Makes you wait forever, does not explain things fully, rushes from patient to patient. Test and more tests. What is the Solution? Nothing? Waste of good hard earned money. Stay away

flag | Submitted August 27, 2008

First, Dr. Pollak had me wait for one hour from my appointment time before I was even directed to an examination room. Dr. Pollak double- and even triple-books -- does not value customers' time. Refuses to give diagnosis -- instead, recommends more and more expensive procedures. Reuses disposable earplugs. Two and a half hours of wait and frustration and the only result -- Dr. Pollak was pushing another test at me, without ever communicating any conclusions! My whole experience was appalling, time and money wasted. Dr. Pollak diminished me to a thing, not worth communicating with.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2007

Dr. Alan C. Pollak's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1988)

GHI