Ratings for Dr. Laura-Lea McKay

She is awful!!! My 8 year old son smacked his head on the edge of a swimming pool this morning (splitting it open) and I took him to the clinic where my family doctor is. My family doctor is wonderful so I thought other doctors in the clinic would be good too. Wow was I wrong!!! My son has anxiety and it rears it's ugly head when he experiences sudden pain or is bleeding. The staff at the pool and I managed to calm him and put a bandaid on his forehead. McKay came into the room and I made sure to inform her of his anxiety hoping to get some understanding and a bit of bedside manor. She was rude and harsh with him! I raised my voice and indicated that this was the anxiety I was referring to. She ignored me. He tried to tell her his fears about the band aid hurting when it comes off but she interrupted him and barked that it had to come off. He started to do it himself and she got fed up and left saying to leave the door open when we were done. My son got the bandaid off about 30 seconds later, we opened the door and she came back. She was annoyed at every sound of pain he made. I then asked her about a concussion to which she replied, "nah he's fine". She knew I meant business because she started asking him all the concussion questions at that point (not before though). I asked about his pupils and if that method of assessment was still relevant because she did not check for that. She said no! She continued to clean him up and put some steri strips on. That was it! I will be taking this lack of treatment and complete disregard for patients further in the morning but will be monitoring him overnight for concussion (opposite of her advice). If you see her coming into your exam room RUN!!! Calgary Imagine Health Center - Sundance

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

This "doctor" is dangerous. She prescribed my father opioids for shingles without monitoring him even though he had been addicted to alcohol all his life. Five years later we are still dealing with the consequences.. My mother was waiting for heart surgery and developed anemia. McKay was sent the information in February but didn't bother to see mother until September. By then the damage to her heart was too severe and she died on the operating table. She called me at work to tell me she thought I had MS and after waiting six months for an MRI and to see a neurologist her diagnosis was wrong. She acted disappointed I didn't have MS when I brought it up at my next appointment. Next she had her receptionist (the husband) call me again at work to tell me I had to see a doctor in St. John. I looked his name up and he turns out to be an oncologist. Another six month wait thinking I had cancer to see the oncologist only to be cleared. The pain and anxiety this so called doctor has caused my family has been devastating. I would give her zero stars if I could and probably should of sued her for malpractice for her part in my mothers death.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

When I first met dr. McKay at Imagine Health in Calgary, I thought she was very knowledgeable and friendly. Each time I visited her, I noticed she would make snarky and rude remarks, to the point that I was nervous going to visit her. I continued to see her because of convenience until the remarks became more and more hurtful. Dr. McKay would also continuously push her diet plan and if I didn't show enough interest, she would become very cold and not listen to anything else I had to say. I have now switched doctors and couldn't be happier because my health concerns are actually being heard and taken care of.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr Mckay is the best doctor! Listens and is very professional.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Worst doctor I've ever net. Hates her job and her clients. Glad she moved :)

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Great doctor. Helpful and listens . Only thing she can be a little rude .

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I seen this doctor tonight and she treated me like I was second class. She talked down to me and was very rude. I don't understand why she would be in a profession if she doesn't like the public. Worst and most disrespectful doctor I have ever seen. I would rather wait at emerge 8 hours than ever see this doctor again. Rude.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I had Dr McKay at the regent street clinic before and she was terrible! She talked down to me and didn't act like she cared at all. I had to fight to be referred to a specialist for what turned out to be very serious. She needs to get off her high horse and get some bedside manners. I would never return to her again.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Not pleasant at all. Unprofessional. Always kept waiting even with an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

This women is a complete fraud. I have been on blood pressure medication for a number of year. I decided that if I could lose some weight, perhaps I could go off my high blood pressure mediation (which is the ONLY medication I am on and I'm 66 years old). What happened is after a month or so on the diet and exercise, I had an medical emergency (after losing about 26pounds) and suddenly my blood pressure (which I take daily) was registering as very "low". I started to feel a little dizzy and out of sorts. My wife called Dr. McKay's office very concerned about this DANGEROUS DROP in my blood pressure and was told it would take 2 WEEKS to have her see me. We had recently etired from Ontario to Nackawic (we love living on the river) but there is no way on earth that MY doctor in Ontario would not have said "Bob, come on in, you may have to wait, but I'll see you". Dr. McKay didn't seem to be the least bit interested and as a result my wife had to call an ambulance several days later because my pressure was SO LOW that I could't comprehend what was going on around me I was so "light headed". So shame on her and her office for not taking the "5 minutes" that it would have taken to see me. LOW BLOOD PRESSURE is dangerous but she didn't seem to care. Maybe she should spend more time with "her patients" immediate care, instead of her self-promotion of recreational fitness "everybody should be active like me" routine. Worst doctor I've ever had in 65 years. Currently, looking for a doctor who actually "cares" about her patients and doesn't spend her time promoting "her" agenda of "run the river" and everybody needs to exercise routine. When you're over 65 what you CARE about is a doctor who recognizes the DANGER signs especially with a sharp drop in blood pressure. She did NOT and obviously is more concerned with "media appearances" and appearing to be so "involved" in her patents. Well, maybe, but not for me apparently.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015