Ratings for Dr. Solmaz Behtash

Dr. Behtash is a wonderful person and a great physician.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

I was wary when I had to switch from my longtime MD to another in the Hillside Family Medicine practise.My anxiety was allayed,however,by Dr.Behtash who is a very caring and professional physician.I first saw her when I was in crisis and she took as much time as needed to diagnose and treat me.She always followed up and worked well with my specialist.I wish she were in sole practise because I find Hillside,under the current management,to be frustrating and even incompetent.I was recently charged a missed appt.fee and was put through hoops for months before it was settled.Most of the MDs in the practise can waive this fee,but because Dr.Behtash is not a partner, she isn't allowed to.Instead I had to contact the billing specialist,Renee Bromley,who,despite repeated contact from me,never replied.It was only after Dr.Behtash intervened (the bill was put in collection!) that I got a reply from Ms.Bromley.This is not how any MD office should operate!Dr.Behtash is excellent;Hillside is not!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

I am a former patient of Hillside Family Community Medicine. In the summer of 2009, I spent 10 minutes in the Hillside Family Community Medicine appointment system planning to see Dr. Solmaz Behtash for the first time due to a severe fever, but then instead decided to visit urgent care and a specialist with whom I had history due to scheduling conflicts. Despite notifying Hillside of the conflict, the rationale for seeing a doctor with whom I had history and my need to cancel, I was charged $30.00 for this 10-minute stay in Hillside's appointment book. Though I was told this unreasonable fee could have been reversed by Dr. Behtash, it appears she saw fit not to do so as I requested the fee be waived multiple times but received three invoices in the two months following the canceled appointment. I cannot speak to Dr. Behtash's medical capabilities, but I can confirm that Hillside Medical's impersonal, cold and profit-driven behavior has ruined my desire to return to their practice.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009