Ratings for Dr. Carlos Morillo

Worth the wait to see him... Best in Canada... but inconsiderate of the fact that patients have been waiting lengthy periods of time since their GP's have faxed over a referral - I have been waiting for 8 months. Today we found out that he is now closing his practice. Good for him that he is moving on to an opportunity in Calgary, but one would think out of consideration to those waiting, that a letter or a phone call could have prevented a lot of needless waiting.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Ignorant to the feelings of his patients. I explained to him my fears and concerns about having a pace maker implanted and instead of addressing my questions he simply told me to get it done or don't get it done . I obviously had the procedure done. I understand the decision was mine, but could he not have helped make that decision less painful and scary? Like a bad comedian, dr. C. Morillo needs to work on his delivery

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

We have been told that he is "world renowned", but unfortunately, because of this, it is hard to get an appointment and appointments are cancelled. It seems like other doctors are afraid to supercede any of his wishes, i.e. my daughter has been in other emergency hospitals, and they refuse to change any of his prescribed medications and insist that she go back to him. He is travelling so much that she can never get an emergency appointment with him. How many times must she faint and go to other emergency centres who refuse to do anything else and keep referring her back to him, when he's never available to see her.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr Morillo is worth the wait. There is no BS , but he is very knowledgable empathetic and compassionate. He has helped me immensely and listens to my concerns. The issue of course is the wait times but it's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

Dr Murillo has been rude man. He could be the best researcher in Canada, but it didn't mean anything to me if as a person is a rude, not compassionate, and has really poor bed manners. If he does not want to interact with people he just need go to the lab and do research, but do not give a hard time to patient.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Disappointing for someone who is recommended as a top notch specialist in POTS - a relatively rare condition. I left with more questions than I came with. Did not feel comfortable at all during the visit. He might be brilliant as a researcher, but he should really work on his soft skills.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

What a disappointment. Waited 3 hours for a 5 minute appointment. Dr. Morillo is supposed to be an expert on my rare condition, but simply shrugged his shoulders ( he ACTUALLY shrugged) when I asked about trying a different medication. I left with a prescription that I suggested myself thanks to researching online. Seriously. It's obvious this doctor prefers to be doing research than seeing patients. Never going back - how could a "research" doctor be so unable to think outside the box for his patients?

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

I agree that this doctor is very pleasant but there is no excuse for the lenghtly wait times and staff that work in the clinic. I've waited over an hour for some of my appointments and the staff that work in the clinic are pretty much useless at times. I'm considering switching doctors - I can't stand the inconsistency.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

I am VERY upset with this Doctor's office. First of all, the report of a test was sent to my former family doctor and I had to call Dr. Morillo's office 3 times to get them to send it to my current family Doctor. The wait time to see this Doctor is extremely long. I just received a phone call asking me to change my appointment scheduled for next week (that I've already waited 4 months for) to January... another 4 months from now. He apparently will be in the lab instead of seeing patients. Dr. Morillo won't even call patients if they are having problems. What kind of Doctor doesn't call patients!!!!!!!!!! He should choose an area to focus on... either do research or be a functional Doctor and actually see and contact his patients. I've received more information doing my own research. So unprofessional!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

He is truly the BEST DOCTOR around. My family is forever greatful for his knowledge, patience and overall expertise in his field! he does need some new office staff because if your not on them they forget to do everything. There were several times i had to call to ask them to book very important appt's. so that procedures could stay on track and then they blame you or say there is no such record. Appts had to be delayed because tests were not done on time.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007