Ratings for Dr. Hernando Chacon-Andrade

I have had two of my four kids need a minor surgery due to clogged tear ducts and dr chacon was wonderful !! He's very knowledgable and was caring towards my children

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Excellent for all services which are offered, caring and very professional.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Although I like a Dr. that is direct, I found him to be polite but quite cold and not friendly. Not sure if he even owns a smile. He seemed bored and uninterested as if he was just going through the motions which doesn't inspire confidence in surgery. He seemed bored by my questions also. Not saying he is not interested just saying it didn't feel like he was. I like to be in the know when it comes to my body and my eyes are very important to me. The staff are ok. Sure hope he's better at surgery than he is with me.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

He is great, the whole experience was perfect, great office location, free parking. High end equipment and great service, then cataract surgery was done in Red Deer my vision is crystal clear without glasses. Best Care ever!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I found it very easy to place myself in his care and felt confident of him to do a good job on my eyes.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Seen him twice. Could not understand what he was saying and then the drops he prescribed made my eyes worse. Hard to get in with as he appears confused and disorganized. He seemed "medicated" or high on something.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I have been his patient for a number of years. When my condition got worse I needed to be seen ASAP but he was too busy to see me and I ended up seeing another eye doc in town instead. No point being his patient if I cannot get in when it is critical and i get dumped onto someone else knowing full well he is in town. He does not want to look after mode complicated patients like obviously. Then I saw him eventually 3 months later when his apathetic staff finally graced me with an appointment. He changed my drops and my condition worsened. I finally switched doctors and my condition is back under control.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

I also had cataract surgery by Dr. Chacon. My vision never recovered because he had a complication. Then I ran into another patient in his wait room who could not see as he too had a complication. I later looked him up on the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons website and guess what? He is not even listed. That is the website listing all qualified real Canadian specialists. I regret being referred to him as I will probably never see well with my eye even with glasses. I also found that he does not know English well so communication with him is poor. His staff are slow and lazy.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I had Cataract surgery done by Dr. Chacon. Since the very beginning everything was great, very clear despite his accent, Surgery was done in Innisfail only good comments about this little hospital and the staff. Surgery went perfect, my vision is crystal clear , I am really satisfied about his services and He is also my grandson's ophthalmologist. My Family love him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Seen several Dr's about my eyes, was given numerous medications with little progress. After seeing Dr. Chacon-Andrade, my eyes have begun to clear and I seem to have found some relief. Very nice man answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014