Ratings for Dr. Jack Reilly

Remember He is paid by WCB and claims to be independent. - JOKE !! I had a examination of my knee and must say that after 35 years of WCB ABUSE !! - I experienced something new !! In his testing Dr. Reilly scored a 3 out of a possible 80. I found this low but at least I thought it was more correct then a 65 - 70 that would definitely gone against my claim. I also learned to bring a witness and I did my wife. We watched him struggle with my both legs / knees and his large wooden protractor trying to measure the angle of degree of my knees. I had a word or two with him as I felt he as trying to control the outcome of the testing, thus saying there was little to nothing wrong with my left knee. To my disbelief that the opposite happened as my score of 3 of a possible 80 seemed a bit low and felt a bit bad for initially thinking this against Dr. Reilly. When I told my Lawyer about this report and he read his copy and asked if I read this report in full which I didn't. He quickly told me I should . Basically what I feared with Dr. Reilly's numbers of this test was again a reality check but on the opposite end of the scale. Dr. Reilly was saying that because he felt I could walk a city block and that the testing of a 3 was not owing up to his opinion of my city block stroll, that I must be a fraud ! ... also I must mention that I won my knee appeal earlier and I can at my digression get the plastic knee put in which he knew about but due to other health problems informed the judge that I may not survive a operation and would hold out as long as possible . Also the initial examination done by Dr. Patel of Regina was excepted - [ evidence ]during my Appeal Hearing but He was refused to do this IME examination by the WCB.NS. as they claimed he did not have the proper credentials to do this Independent Medical Examination !! * I am glad that Dr. Reilly was not present during the dawn of the Medical Revolution* because according to him - if he cannot figure it out then it must be a lie ,,,, where would medical science be today ! I believe he intentionally tried to score my testing low , say it made no sense to him and squash my test for my ongoing appeal. ... WCB again will stop at nothing !! Avoid this Doctor if possible . / Ps - remember WCB claims they only accept medically evidence not hearsay / opinion, but will use it against you if there is no objection / * Note The test Dr. Reilly conducted was a test ordered by a judge in a previous 2009 Appeal but was swept under the carpet till the start date of my original 2012 Left knee appeal. How I realized something was wrong , was during my telephone conference appeal the Commissioner [ Judge } as me why I had a incomplete assessment !! ????? I could not answer but did some paper review and noticed it was the same Commissioner in 2009 as to my 2012 Appeal. This Commissioner really was asking why his court order was not followed ! I believe that because I was in process of gaining my WCB pension it was intentionally swept under the carpet. I inquired and still have no answer as to WHY ? This is why Dr. Reilly is involved ... doing the IME of 2009. A bit late especially after winning the 2012 left knee appeal which I am presently fighting another appeal on the appeal because I was shorted on owed benefits ... I may have to write a book to sum up the abuse of the WCB !!! I hope this explains why Dr. Reilly is involved .... Avoid him if Possible .

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

The WCB "recommends" this doctor for your assessment, if you have an injury. If you read through the comments, many people found him to be dismissive. Not a coincidence. It is disgusting that people (technologists, technicians and other support staff ) who have worked tirelessly and diligently cleaning, stocking and running experiments, on weekends and overtime - be turned away from a proper assessment and/or compensation. It is painful on their arms, shoulders, and back to keep straining themselves. People in these jobs are hard workers and probably wouldn't complain unless something was really wrong. ( no, the injuries are not the result of playing volleyball or a hobby, because guess what these people are working all the time! ) This situation makes me sad and angry - Does the WCB really care about worker's health? How can a physician prescribe pain and injury as part of a work ethic? SHAMEFUL and UNETHICAL practices. I would legally seek an "independent" physician.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I read these comments before attending my appointment. They are all pretty horrible. I was competly honest to DR. Jack Reilly . He was extremely honest to me as well. I think he is a great Dr. I think that a lot of people that rate the doctor. We're untruthful, I found him to be a decent person. He was on time(early) : very professional. I appreciate his honesty to the fullest. I have nothing bad to say. He did his job, and completely a through ime , I have my faith restored in wcb and supporting services.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I was unfortunately sent to this him fir an assessment. He tried to twist things I said and he believes everyone can work regardless of their condition because people go to wok in wheel chsirs. He has a prejudice belief that as long as you gave arms and legs you.can work. He says he's I dependent but is paid by wcb and disability to do these assessments. Don't expect to get a fair assessment from him.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I was seen by Dr. Jack Riley at the W.C.B. Edmonton.I was asked to have him do an I.M.E. on me to see if he could recommend any further treatment that might help my back condition improve.I had already been retired by another Board doctor 9 years earlier.He was nice at first but quickly became short and arrogant during the Exam. He told me he did not care about my pain and explained that pain was in a persons head.Essentially saying I was crazy from what I could gather.He stated that surgeons never do surgery based on a persons pain.He had me lay down and did some testing by leg raises and took some measurements of my thighs and calf's. Then he started asking me questions in regards to work mostly.He told me that it was his belief that unless you where missing both arms and legs you could do some type of work.I said to him that that was his prejudice and not medical fact.He agreed with me that it was his prejudice.No wonder the W.C.B has him doing I.M.E 's on injured workers.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

. You will get what you give. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DR

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

If Justice Is Denied Let The Law Of Karma Take The Ride Nothing In This World Is Done Without A Price .

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I literally just left my appointment at WCB with him. I could t disagree more with people complaint about him!!! He was a couple mins early and I didn't wait at all. He started by asking if I knew why I was here and what info I can get from this. He then took 15 mins to explain why I was seeing him and that he doesn't work for WCB he is independent of them and sends them his recommendations. He drew examples of my spine and my injury and explained everything I could think to ask. He did a thorough evaluation and and after recommending a treatment he took it upon himself to find a clinic that had a certain machine to hold my weight. He didn't have to do that but he did so that I could leave knowing exactly what was going to happen going forward. After WCB told him they don't do these procedures he talked to a supervisor and got them to book me for the treatment. He does care and he does want to help you. Atleast that's the feeling I got. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything to me good and bad. I look forward to seeing him again further along in my treatment. Thank you very much Dr.Reilly for easing my nerves as I was very nervous about the results of our meeting. I appreciate his extra effort and attention. Have no fears of seeing this Dr. He is fantastic. Thanks again!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I have had unhealed elbow injyry for a while now and after seeing "INDEPENDENT" Dr. Reilly at WCB i have NO hope for the future. He was very nice at first and then got very arrogent when it was my turn to talk and explain how my injury has not healed but im forced to go back to work and do heavy weights in physio. Like other person meantioned that He only diagnoses what ever WBC says is so TRUE.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I am a Paramedic and sustained a serious back injury in August 2013 while at work that I have been struggling with since. I saw him for an IME for WCB and hoped for some real answers and support. However, he was late and flustered to start the appt. His rushed, non-personal attitude carried through the whole appt. I began to tell him the history of my injury and he stopped me after I described how it happened. He asked no details for the past 7 months or the symptoms I've been experiening. Dismissed any symptoms or issues I reported as not being related. Which is unbelievable because and physician knows they are- yet WCB has their hands in his pocket. Dismissed my MRI results as "essentially" normal- yet it isn't. When I told him findings that my physio, RMT, and chiro had found he barked "I'll be the judge of that". Yet then preformed THE most rushed, abrassive, condescending assessment I have EVER had. He was NOT a patient advocate! Just another muse for WCB.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014