You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jack Reilly

I was seen by Dr. Jack Riley at the W.C.B. Edmonton.I was asked to have him do an I.M.E. on me to see if he could recommend any further treatment that might help my back condition improve.I had already been retired by another Board doctor 9 years earlier.He was nice at first but quickly became short and arrogant during the Exam. He told me he did not care about my pain and explained that pain was in a persons head.Essentially saying I was crazy from what I could gather.He stated that surgeons never do surgery based on a persons pain.He had me lay down and did some testing by leg raises and took some measurements of my thighs and calf's. Then he started asking me questions in regards to work mostly.He told me that it was his belief that unless you where missing both arms and legs you could do some type of work.I said to him that that was his prejudice and not medical fact.He agreed with me that it was his prejudice.No wonder the W.C.B has him doing I.M.E 's on injured workers.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

. You will get what you give. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DR

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I literally just left my appointment at WCB with him. I could t disagree more with people complaint about him!!! He was a couple mins early and I didn't wait at all. He started by asking if I knew why I was here and what info I can get from this. He then took 15 mins to explain why I was seeing him and that he doesn't work for WCB he is independent of them and sends them his recommendations. He drew examples of my spine and my injury and explained everything I could think to ask. He did a thorough evaluation and and after recommending a treatment he took it upon himself to find a clinic that had a certain machine to hold my weight. He didn't have to do that but he did so that I could leave knowing exactly what was going to happen going forward. After WCB told him they don't do these procedures he talked to a supervisor and got them to book me for the treatment. He does care and he does want to help you. Atleast that's the feeling I got. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything to me good and bad. I look forward to seeing him again further along in my treatment. Thank you very much Dr.Reilly for easing my nerves as I was very nervous about the results of our meeting. I appreciate his extra effort and attention. Have no fears of seeing this Dr. He is fantastic. Thanks again!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I have had unhealed elbow injyry for a while now and after seeing "INDEPENDENT" Dr. Reilly at WCB i have NO hope for the future. He was very nice at first and then got very arrogent when it was my turn to talk and explain how my injury has not healed but im forced to go back to work and do heavy weights in physio. Like other person meantioned that He only diagnoses what ever WBC says is so TRUE.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I am a Paramedic and sustained a serious back injury in August 2013 while at work that I have been struggling with since. I saw him for an IME for WCB and hoped for some real answers and support. However, he was late and flustered to start the appt. His rushed, non-personal attitude carried through the whole appt. I began to tell him the history of my injury and he stopped me after I described how it happened. He asked no details for the past 7 months or the symptoms I've been experiening. Dismissed any symptoms or issues I reported as not being related. Which is unbelievable because and physician knows they are- yet WCB has their hands in his pocket. Dismissed my MRI results as "essentially" normal- yet it isn't. When I told him findings that my physio, RMT, and chiro had found he barked "I'll be the judge of that". Yet then preformed THE most rushed, abrassive, condescending assessment I have EVER had. He was NOT a patient advocate! Just another muse for WCB.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

I have had both complete knee replacements done with Dr.J.Reilly. Surgery and healing were superb in 2006 and 2011. Dr, Reilly is a gifted surgeon who anticipates and explains anything you need. I even had the benefit of newer techniques in the latter surgery with an easier recuperation. I would recommend him to anyone. His secretary is the nicest I have ever met as well.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

Dr. Reilly is the most honest (in person) WCB Independant Medical Examination doctor I have had to date. He actually admitted that he is a WCB advocate and that he was not putting details of (his opinions) during our conversation that supported my position into his report. This is a first in my experience with WCB IME doctors. I have had MD's admit that WCB pays a premium over what public health care pays and those MD's know what is desired in their report in order to keep getting call backs for more IME's. His opinions during our conversation gives me clues to pass on to the surgeon that will perform an unbiased assessment of my injuries which is far more than any other WCB MD has ever given me.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

Dr. Reilly now works for WCB he will take a 15min look at your injury and will tell what is wrong ! He is not there to help you he is there to write down what WCB wants him to so they can avoid helping the injured workers. He goes against what every other Dr has said and written concerning your disability and your injury is determined only by what he says . All I can say if you go to Dr Reilly dont expect to get the help that is required for you to get better I hope everyone that reads this will find a different Dr. and one that is there to help you not WCB !

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

seemed like he wanted to make appointment for my torn acl as quick as possible. got the surgery done and he retired a few weeks later so I got referred to another specialist who informed me that one screw in my femur was put in at the wrong angle, and is now loose and moving around. thanks jack!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Jack Reilly's Credentials

HealthPartners
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was seen by Dr. Jack Riley at the W.C.B. Edmonton.I was asked to have him do an I.M.E. on me to see if he could recommend any further treatment that might hel..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. ". You will get what you give. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DR "

March 23, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If Justice Is Denied Let The Law Of Karma Take The Ride Nothing In This World Is Done Without A Price ."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I literally just left my appointment at WCB with him. I could t disagree more with people complaint about him!!! He was a couple mins early and I didn't wait at..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have had unhealed elbow injyry for a while now and after seeing "INDEPENDENT" Dr. Reilly at WCB i have NO hope for the future. He was very nice at first and t..."

October 15, 2014